Jump to content
Paninistickers

Investments, stocks, shares

Recommended Posts

What do people think about Aston Martin? Down to like 65p. They've gone bust a few times but I like the turn around strategy from the new ceo. Can see them either going bust or being back at the £20 mark next year. Might be worth a punt for that kind of return

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Benguin said:

What do people think about Aston Martin? Down to like 65p. They've gone bust a few times but I like the turn around strategy from the new ceo. Can see them either going bust or being back at the £20 mark next year. Might be worth a punt for that kind of return

Very volatile. It’s a risky option but returns could be good if like you say the new strategy works. I looked at it but didn’t have the bottle. I have however taken a similar (well less pricy) risk on M&S. They’ve dropped a bit from their normal price but can see them recovering when their non essential stores open on Monday. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgive me for probably being a bit thick here, but you have 3 prices. Price, current price and market value. Why is it when you sell you get the market value as opposed to to current price ?> 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jonthefox said:

Forgive me for probably being a bit thick here, but you have 3 prices. Price, current price and market value. Why is it when you sell you get the market value as opposed to to current price ?> 

Current price is not technically the current price but merely the price it was last traded for. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Benguin said:

What do people think about Aston Martin? Down to like 65p. They've gone bust a few times but I like the turn around strategy from the new ceo. Can see them either going bust or being back at the £20 mark next year. Might be worth a punt for that kind of return

My 1.3 shares I bought yesterday and up 9p (10ish %) today. 

 

We're gonna be rich boys. :ph34r:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

My 1.3 shares I bought yesterday and up 9p (10ish %) today. 

 

We're gonna be rich boys. :ph34r:

Nice. I ended up getting on it at 62p.just sold some when it reached 74p and keeping a few for the long term. Very speculative but worth a punt I think

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I've recently stated trading on forex markets, and it's pretty nice option to get some extra I gotta say. I've been heard a lot stories how people can earn huge amounts of money working from home, trading on stock markets using Forex technologies. And long story short - recently a friend of mine shared this link about forex compounding calculator finmax and I don't know why, but after reading that article I've decided to start my own forex trading career, which turns out pretty interesting and profitable thing.

Edited by theodore3WP
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theodore3WP said:

I've recently stated trading on forex markets, and it's pretty nice option to get some extra I gotta say. I've been heard a lot stories how people can earn huge amounts of money working from home, trading on stock markets using Forex technologies. And long story short - recently a friend of mine shared this link about forex compounding calculator finmax and I don't know why, but after reading that article I've decided to start my own forex trading career, which turns out pretty interesting and profitable thing.

This "mate" of yours is actually  YOU and your advertising  your "thing" on here Mr. No previous posts on foxestalk"!!!!

We ain't stupid pal!!!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/06/2020 at 11:51, Benguin said:

Nice. I ended up getting on it at 62p.just sold some when it reached 74p and keeping a few for the long term. Very speculative but worth a punt I think

Now it's 47p, so how much are you down?

 

Be careful of the second wave, its coming and will crush a few businesses along the way.

 

Put your stop losses on your shares, there are two options, end of day and GTC, Good Till Cancelled.

 

I always look at the year graph and see how much upside is left. I think the airlines, oil and leisure industries have the most potential, but don't get caught holding a company on shaky ground. Look at government backed companies.

 

We've had a bit of a down turn this last few weeks, so plenty to buy, but make sure you get out before the second wave.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, simFox said:

Now it's 47p, so how much are you down?

 

Be careful of the second wave, its coming and will crush a few businesses along the way.

 

Put your stop losses on your shares, there are two options, end of day and GTC, Good Till Cancelled.

 

I always look at the year graph and see how much upside is left. I think the airlines, oil and leisure industries have the most potential, but don't get caught holding a company on shaky ground. Look at government backed companies.

 

We've had a bit of a down turn this last few weeks, so plenty to buy, but make sure you get out before the second wave.

Yeah I've closed all my positions now. There's definitley opportunity at the moment but just seems a wild gamble with the uncertainty so sticking to daily trackers for now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fundsmith has been a great fund over recent years.  Mainly consists of big American companies, but only small stakes in each so if any take a hit, it doesn’t hit the total fund too much.

It is often talked about in the Sunday Times as one that has performed very well.

I have moved my ISA’s into it and despite the crash, I am still 15% up over a 15 month period.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Fundsmith has been a great fund over recent years.  Mainly consists of big American companies, but only small stakes in each so if any take a hit, it doesn’t hit the total fund too much.

It is often talked about in the Sunday Times as one that has performed very well.

I have moved my ISA’s into it and despite the crash, I am still 15% up over a 15 month period.

 

As far as ETF's go, Fundsmith is actually very very concentrated, it only holds 20-30 individual stocks at any one time.

 

Has been a great performer over the years though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, martyn said:

As far as ETF's go, Fundsmith is actually very very concentrated, it only holds 20-30 individual stocks at any one time.

 

Has been a great performer over the years though.

What's the sweet number do you think? I've been looking at funds with 500 + individual stocks and I wonder if that is just way to diluted to make and returns. 

 

I guess it's as a simple as the more concentrated the bigger potential return but also the bigger risk. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Benguin said:

What's the sweet number do you think? I've been looking at funds with 500 + individual stocks and I wonder if that is just way to diluted to make and returns. 

 

I guess it's as a simple as the more concentrated the bigger potential return but also the bigger risk. 

I couldn't say really. I only use funds now to overweight in certain areas (small cap, tech, green energy), and use Index Trackers for the core of my portfolio.

 

If i was going down an all fund route, I'd probably figure out my preferred asset allocation look for conviction managers like Terry Smith at Fundsmith. else you may as well just go with a tracker imo.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

Better day today. First for a while.

 

My 4 stocks (bought a what I thought was rock bottom in April) have 'rallied' to a collective 15% down (from a disastrous 28% dip)

 

Plus, I plonked some cash with the  professionals - 2 managed funds plus  a ftse250 tracker- who are (unsurprisingly) doing better than me. Aggregated 6% up on them 3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

How much do you have to invest with the professionals for them to be interested? I've no inclination of doing this myself, but it's pretty pointless having an savings rate isa atm

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fktf said:

How much do you have to invest with the professionals for them to be interested? I've no inclination of doing this myself, but it's pretty pointless having an savings rate isa atm

I use Wealthify. Really simple, can set up a direct debit, so you just put a side a bit each month and they do all the investing for you. You can start with £10. Stocks have largely been battered since joining but My plan is still in profit. 

 

heres a link (if you use it and invest 500 for at least 3 months we both get 25 https://invest.wealthify.com/refer/68296856

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fktf said:

How much do you have to invest with the professionals for them to be interested? I've no inclination of doing this myself, but it's pretty pointless having an savings rate isa atm

When I said professionals managing a fund, it's just an ISA account I set up with Hargreaves Lansdown as the portal (the broker effectively) 

 

So yeah, just transferred savi GS cash to my Hargreaves Lansdown account and you pick and choose your funds or shares from their list. 

 

I actually found it quite interesting to research the professional managed funds, their CV, ethos, strategy and sectors

 

I don't think there was a minimum. Maybe 100 quid. Perhaps not worth it though if less than a grand as you get charged abroker fee by Hargreaves for doing the deal (about 12 quid a transaction)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 09/06/2020 at 09:34, Messi said:

I started having a play on trading 212 at the start of lockdown. Got on Tullow oil at 16p a share and it’s now worth 35.44p a share.

 

Really missed the boat with Chesapeake Energy, mid April it was $0.15 a share, now it is $69.44- mental rise. Some people would have made an absolute fortune. 
 

Put abit of money in Bahamas Potroleum, it’s got some promising signs with drilling to start at the end of the year and new area just off Uruguay recently purchased. 

Thinking about going into these myself once I know exactly how I stand with the Rolls Royce share rights issue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...