Just now, Foxes96 said:

Maguire for £80 mill and Söyüncü for £20 mill? :ph34r:

I’d like to agree but Soyuncu was signed the season before, in preparation maybe but still not his direct replacement at the time 😉

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I'd be shocked if he didn't speak some English given how frequently spoken it is in Netherlands. 

Would’ve thought so, or he would have learnt some in anticipation for a move to the Premier League, would have thought he would have suitors elsewhere in Europe, he must specifically want to come to England if we sign him because he’s had bigger clubs interested elsewhere. 

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Perez, Rodgers also speaks Spanish. Riccy speaks Portugese which is similar I believe. 

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Spanish is closer to Italian I think.

I think Spanish is very similar to Portuguese on paper. Strangely, though, Portuguese sounds very much like Russian/Eastern European, while Spanish doesn't at all.

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

I think Spanish is very similar to Portuguese on paper. Strangely, though, Portuguese sounds very much like Russian/Eastern European, while Spanish doesn't at all.

Portugese is now a mix of Spanish/Italian and Russian. Sounds a proper obscure one

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

No way..I ain't having that. 

Rodgers don't strike me as brainbox of Britain (or the Island of Ireland)

Fluent in Spanish and French apparently

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Portugese is now a mix of Spanish/Italian and Russian. Sounds a proper obscure one

Well, the Spanish and Italian similarities aren't surprising. Portuguese, Spanish, French and Italian are all derived from Latin. The Russian sound of Portuguese is very odd, though.

I heard a woman speaking English and her accent led me to believe she was from Eastern Europe somewhere. Was shocked to learn she was Portuguese (opposite end of the continent!). More recently, I heard an interview with Peter Serafinowicz, who said he did a voiceover for an advert with Pele in it (could have been the erectile disfunction thing he did). Pele spoke English in it, but his Brazilian/Portuguese accent was so strong it needed dubbing over. Serafinowicz also said it sounded Russian.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Puel could barely string a sentence together after three years in the UK. Ranieri the same. 

I won't have it. Rodgers ordering a tapa or asking for 'le Gare' ain't fluency

Avez vous un winger?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Quick question - spurs need a left back. Man City need a left back. If this fella is so sh1t hot and a bargain, how come neither of them are buying him ??.

Why didn’t they go in for Ricardo?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Quick question - spurs need a left back. Man City need a left back. If this fella is so sh1t hot and a bargain, how come neither of them are buying him ??.

He’s so s*** hot because he plays for Ajax, has a lovely sounding surname, and has never kicked a ball in England. The exact opposite as to why Jamal Lewis is so s***... 

55 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

What LB's are Spurs and Man City linked with?

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

That is a good question, though you could also ask why none of the big teams signed Ricardo? He had been capped for Portugal and was first choice right back at Porto when we signed him.

I think the general consensus might be that Tagliafico might not be good enough for the very elite clubs in world football, but for Leicester City he is more than good enough. Chelsea are going for the long-term route and want England's first choice left-back for the next 5-6 years. For us we are going for a short term option that can operate at a level we need right now for a few seasons, knowing that in Luke Thomas we have a great chance of bringing through another player to take over who could be as good as if not better than Chilwell. After all he made his debut for us at a younger age than Chilwell and looks ahead of him when comparing the two at the same age.

It could backfire, but it seems like the type of calculated risk we need to progress as a club.