Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Jannick Vestergaard

40 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

All transfer acquisitions are a risk to some extent, even the players that have been successful elsewhere. If Rodgers sees something in Vestergaard that he can make work then you just have to back him I suppose.

Rodgers though bennet was an adequate backup for our backline, i would rather get someone widely respected than a rodgers/congerton gamble.

• Like 1

Surely people would prefer playing Vestergaard for a string of games over Morgan? Morgan can do a job for game or two, against more physical teams, but if he had to play a string of 10 games due to injury, he's not got the legs.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Surely people would prefer playing Vestergaard for a string of games over Morgan? Morgan can do a job for game or two, against more physical teams, but if he had to play a string of 10 games due to injury, he's not got the legs.

Yes, but it's not a choice between the two.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Because, believe it or not, it has been known for some players to improve when given a fresh start in a different set-up.

Hmm, sorry, that's not a good enough reason for us to spunk £18m (or whatever) on this guy. 

Anyhow, just because they've bought someone else doesn't automatically mean we are buying him. Well, does it?!

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Off to hang myself. Been great knowing you all.  This cannot be happening.  Donkey CB‘s have had their day.

so you lived through the Bennett signing but pop your clogs on this chap?

Surely we aren't going to go through with this. I'd get it if it was say Burnley, or Crystal Palace, and I think he would probably be quite good for either of those two from a style point of view.

But for us it just seems madness. I can't believe it's the case.

8 hours ago, MPH said:

so you lived through the Bennett signing but pop your clogs on this chap?

The fact it was a 'loan' only gave me hope that there was still a God.....

• Haha 1

If we all can see it, how come Rogers can't.  Better players available for similar money, all with a point a prove.   Smalling, Stones spring to mind immediately.  

My biggest worry with Roger's is his transfer record and don't think we are big enough or play in a weak enough league where it doesn't matter.  

Rodgers carrying on the disappointing end to the season well into the transfer window then. Its like he doesn’t want us to be excited.

This seems like a situation where Rodgers ego appears to be getting in the way, for one reason or another he rates this player and thats that. Rodgers is right, everyone else is wrong. 

3 hours ago, Dames said:

Rodgers carrying on the disappointing end to the season well into the transfer window then. Its like he doesn’t want us to be excited.

This seems like a situation where Rodgers ego appears to be getting in the way, for one reason or another he rates this player and thats that. Rodgers is right, everyone else is wrong. 

I am perplexed. However... we cant employ a manager and then override his decisions 

Edited by foxinsocks