Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

No i just want to keep iheanacho but edouard is looking good i might have been off the mark a bit.

I said I was worried about starting Caglar last summer and thought we needed another CB, can't get em all right. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Steve Earle said:

Decent isn’t he?

 

And before anyone replies knocking the standard of the opposition, I had the misfortune to watch Demarai Gray in our FACup matches this season 😡

Where would Hamilton compare to in the EFL?..

Non league?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

 

Fair enough, bit yuk, but I get it.

You go to church you make a donation to keep it standing and running. Celtic is a belief system.

And I'd imagine a seasons pass is nowhere what it is here in terms of expense.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Edouard’s biggest asset is his movement off the ball and how he runs in behind 😂 I’m seriously doubting you’ve ever really sat and watched him with the stuff your saying on this thread.

 

N’Dombele has been at Spurs for a year also and Fekir has been away at Betis for the same amount of time.

I thought his movement in that video you posted a few pages back was clearly very good. Defending might not always have been the best but he looked like he was playing a different game. Very composed by the looks of it too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SO1 said:

You go to church you make a donation to keep it standing and running. Celtic is a belief system.

And I'd imagine a seasons pass is nowhere what it is here in terms of expense.

Slightly overbearing grandiose description I would suggest, but again I see the point of the response.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MPH said:

 

This whole ‘ he is no good because he plays in Scotland ‘ is getting silly and quite frankly it’s making a lot of people look very unintelligent.

 

We got Mahrez from the french second division 

 

We got Vardy from Non league

 

Our title winning captain came from the championship.

 

 

We got Chilly from our reserves, 

 

Kasper came from the championship... 

 

Maddison from the championship 

 

 

Kevin was let go from a poor Villa team who didn’t want to renew his contract.

 

 

If our scouting network ( and that of several big teams around Europe) feel like he is worthy of their attention  then there is obviously a reason for it...

 

 

I think the point being made is all of those you list (apart from Maddison) didn't cost much (or nothing) in transfer fees. Paying such a substantial sum (probably a club record) for a player from the SPL is very risky and I'm not sure the club should take it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

I think the point being made is all of those you list (apart from Maddison) didn't cost much (or nothing) in transfer fees. Paying such a substantial sum (probably a club record) for a player from the SPL is very risky and I'm not sure the club should take it. 

 

 

 

From What i can remember, anyone who was sold for a substantial fee from the scottish leagues has been a success in the prem 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I think the point being made is all of those you list (apart from Maddison) didn't cost much (or nothing) in transfer fees. Paying such a substantial sum (probably a club record) for a player from the SPL is very risky and I'm not sure the club should take it. 

Isn’t the average championship player going from the championship to the prem for around 20 million? An extra ten million for a striker who’s scoring in European competitions as well as a very good under 21 french team? I’d happily have him. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MPH said:

 

 

 

From What i can remember, anyone who was sold for a substantial fee from the scottish leagues has been a success in the prem 

I don't think any player has come from the SPL for the amount being spoken about. I suspect that if a transfer is to be done then it will involve plenty of add-ons which, if achieved, will have meant success and therefore value for money. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MPH said:

 

This whole ‘ he is no good because he plays in Scotland ‘ is getting silly and quite frankly it’s making a lot of people look very unintelligent.

 

We got Mahrez from the french second division 

 

We got Vardy from Non league

 

Our title winning captain came from the championship.

 

 

We got Chilly from our reserves, 

 

Kasper came from the championship... 

 

Maddison from the championship 

 

 

Kevin was let go from a poor Villa team who didn’t want to renew his contract.

 

 

If our scouting network ( and that of several big teams around Europe) feel like he is worthy of their attention  then there is obviously a reason for it...

 

 

Guess that means we'll have to have some faith in our player recruitment and development:ph34r:. I'm honestly not sure what type of direction Rodgers wants to go. Benteke, Dembele, Sturridge and Edouard are the only ones recruited while Rodgers was in a job. Had to make do with Vardy, Iheanacho, Suarez, Graham, Griffiths etc. A very diverse group with different strengths. Our recruitment of Perez last summer makes me think we'll be heading in a Liverpool type attacking system. We'll see.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Guess that means we'll have to have some faith in our player recruitment and development:ph34r:. I'm honestly not sure what type of direction Rodgers wants to go. Benteke, Dembele, Sturridge and Edouard are the only ones recruited while Rodgers was in a job. Had to make do with Vardy, Iheanacho, Suarez, Graham, Griffiths etc. A very diverse group with different strengths. Our recruitment of Perez last summer makes me think we'll be heading in a Liverpool type attacking system. We'll see.

 

 

i emphasizes our scouting network not rodgers

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I don't think any player has come from the SPL for the amount being spoken about. I suspect that if a transfer is to be done then it will involve plenty of add-ons which, if achieved, will have meant success and therefore value for money. 

 

 

tv money is increasing all the time. it would be unfair to compare tv money from last couple of seasons and the transfer fees from 5+ years ago

Edited by MPH
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, MPH said:

 

This whole ‘ he is no good because he plays in Scotland ‘ is getting silly and quite frankly it’s making a lot of people look very unintelligent.

 

We got Mahrez from the french second division 

 

We got Vardy from Non league

 

Our title winning captain came from the championship.

 

 

We got Chilly from our reserves, 

 

Kasper came from the championship... 

 

Maddison from the championship 

 

 

Kevin was let go from a poor Villa team who didn’t want to renew his contract.

 

 

If our scouting network ( and that of several big teams around Europe) feel like he is worthy of their attention  then there is obviously a reason for it...

 

 

You forget our prem winning cast offs in Albrighton and Huth 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

I’m a season ticket holder, terms and conditions were clear, no refund this season if fans don’t make it into grounds, it’s sol as a virtual pass for that reason with no immediate expectations beyond that.

Wow really! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Other than the West Ham away game where we massively rotated were there any other games where Kelechi played as a solo striker?

 

Most of the time when he has come off the bench or started it has always been alongside Vardy

 

Maybe we are looking for someone who is a bit more comfortable playing in the solo striker role as Rodgers feels Iheanacho isn’t really up to it?

 Norwich away. He bagged with a super shot but was offside. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I think the point being made is all of those you list (apart from Maddison) didn't cost much (or nothing) in transfer fees. Paying such a substantial sum (probably a club record) for a player from the SPL is very risky and I'm not sure the club should take it. 

Tierney has just come from Celtic and is looking useful for arsenal so it does work sometimes but I get your point too

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...