Jump to content
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Wow really! 

Rangers and Celtic have got their fans by the balls regarding this. The waiting list for a season ticket is ridiculously long so no fan would give up their tickets. £500+ for a virtual pass is mental. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His latest card in Fifa Ultimate Team is OP as ****.

 

Sign him up!

 

*All my impressions of players not playing in England are based solely on how they perform in Fifa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to give credit to Celtic scouting, they always seem to unearth some great bargains.

 

why don’t we go after these players when they are 2-3mill rather than 30mill?

 

Dembele, Édouard, Van Dijk, Wanyama, Larsson, Forster 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Is this actually happening or?

I always get excited when a topic is hot, only then to be disappointed :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harry96 said:

Hattrick now. Have to say the defending is shambolic 

Having witnessed our defending in the last 4-5 games I'm not sure if that's much of an issue in the PL

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

You have to give credit to Celtic scouting, they always seem to unearth some great bargains.

 

why don’t we go after these players when they are 2-3mill rather than 30mill?

 

Dembele, Édouard, Van Dijk, Wanyama, Larsson, Forster 

We used to in the Championship and after a year or two they were then PL ready. The issue at our level now is you cannot afford to get it wrong. Celtic can pay £2-3m for a player and its still way more than every other club bar Rangers can buy and are ready to be better than them too, a year or two later they are even better and ready to sell for 500% profit

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dayday said:

I always get excited when a topic is hot, only then to be disappointed :)

Yes - it’s post like yours and mine that make non hot topics hot !! 😄

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Vardy, Mahrez, Kasper, Drinkwater, Kante

Those days were great! We’ve got Congerton now tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

You have to give credit to Celtic scouting, they always seem to unearth some great bargains.

 

why don’t we go after these players when they are 2-3mill rather than 30mill?

 

Dembele, Édouard, Van Dijk, Wanyama, Larsson, Forster 

Because you can't buy these players, chuck them in the reserves and expect them to be PL ready in the same time that they would playing competitive, first team football. 

 

Stepping stones like Celtic are what make them the players they are. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

You forget our prem winning cast offs in Albrighton and Huth 

Kevin = Albrighton

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Those days were great! We’ve got Congerton now tho

Tbh I think Congerton signed Edouard at Celtic from PSG. :ph34r:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MPH said:

 

 

 

From What i can remember, anyone who was sold for a substantial fee from the scottish leagues has been a success in the prem 

I was just about to say this, can’t think of the last person who went from Scotland to the EPL, even via the championship, for more than £5m who hasn’t done fairly well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I don't think any player has come from the SPL for the amount being spoken about. I suspect that if a transfer is to be done then it will involve plenty of add-ons which, if achieved, will have meant success and therefore value for money. 

Tierney went for £25m up front last summer, hes the most, that’s why it dragged on so long as Celtic insisted on all the money up front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Wow really! 

Yeah, tbh I think context is key this season, has we not been going for ten in a row this season I think we would have sold maybe 10k or so less.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not too sure why people slag off the Scottish league so much. Yes, I agree, towards the bottom end of the table the standard isn’t great, but throughout the years Scotland has produced some top class players. Wanyama, Dembele, Van Dijk and that’s just to name a few. That’s with Rangers being completely useless for the last decade and not producing any quality. Even with the poor standard towards the bottom end of the SPFL, the way the league is set up, teams such as Celtic would be playing an Aberdeen or Rangers three times a season and they are mid table Championship standard at worse. They can only beat what they’re up against. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Messi said:

Rangers and Celtic have got their fans by the balls regarding this. The waiting list for a season ticket is ridiculously long so no fan would give up their tickets. £500+ for a virtual pass is mental. 

Yeah I’m pretty sure both clubs have around 15-20k on waiting lists for season tickets so like you say the club has current season ticket holders by the balls as they are scared of losing their seats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I don't want him if it means selling Iheanacho to be honest. It feels like he is on the cusp of something.

Why start over with someone else who might be as good as Iheanacho? 
 

I’d happily start next season with both in our squad but one or the other I’d take Nacho all day long

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Tbh I think Congerton signed Edouard at Celtic from PSG. :ph34r:

You’d be forgiven for thinking that but Edouard was a lawell signing, he’s always been cosy with the PSG owner and we’ve had a few players from them over recent years. When we got him on loan initially it was actually really out of the blue on the last day of the transfer window as cover as we had only one fit striker at the time.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Why start over with someone else who might be as good as Iheanacho? 
 

I’d happily start next season with both in our squad but one or the other I’d take Nacho all day long

I guess it’s all about opinions mate but having seen a fair bit of Iheanacho and having watched Edouard every week I’d have to say Edouard is in a different class. I’d really worry if Vardy missed say ten games with injury and you had to rely on iheanacho from the start week in week out. I also think Rodgers really doesn’t fancy him which is quite telling.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

You’d be forgiven for thinking that but Edouard was a lawell signing, he’s always been cosy with the PSG owner and we’ve had a few players from them over recent years. When we got him on loan initially it was actually really out of the blue on the last day of the transfer window as cover as we had only one fit striker at the time.

Thanks for forgiving me and clearing that up. I wasn't really sure about what I had done. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Not too sure why people slag off the Scottish league so much. Yes, I agree, towards the bottom end of the table the standard isn’t great, but throughout the years Scotland has produced some top class players. Wanyama, Dembele, Van Dijk and that’s just to name a few. That’s with Rangers being completely useless for the last decade and not producing any quality. Even with the poor standard towards the bottom end of the SPFL, the way the league is set up, teams such as Celtic would be playing an Aberdeen or Rangers three times a season and they are mid table Championship standard at worse. They can only beat what they’re up against. 

 

Average wage for a Celtic first teamer is 19k a week

For Hamilton it's £800 a week

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I guess it’s all about opinions mate but having seen a fair bit of Iheanacho and having watched Edouard every week I’d have to say Edouard is in a different class. I’d really worry if Vardy missed say ten games with injury and you had to rely on iheanacho from the start week in week out. I also think Rodgers really doesn’t fancy him which is quite telling.

I rate Edouard as well and think he’s a great striker, it’s more just the fact I feel confident knowing Nacho can perform for us and has that bit of magic in his play. 
 

I just feel starting over again with another striker might set us back a bit when we need to be raring to go going into next season with Europe coming. I’d happily see all 3 here but I just don’t want to lose Iheanacho for Edouard. Like I say though, he would be a good addition for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...