1 minute ago, Interested observer said:

I find it funny seeing Leicester fans debating if Eddy is good enough for them...

Not only is Eddy better than Iheanacho, but he's better than the best version of Vardy.

I understand that money talks and he will be for the off (next season hopefully), but no offence I'm 100% convinced that he will be skipping the Leicester level stepping stone.

This is a guy who has the best strike ratio for France U21's team in history. 11 goals in 6 games, he was thought of as a better prospect that Mbappe when they were coming up, if it wasn't for some silly decisions(sniping someone with an air rifle) he'd most likely still be at PSG, your only chance to get him would be paying well over the odds which I don't see, when he moves it will be to one of the historically big clubs.

****ing christ

I find it funny seeing Leicester fans debating if Eddy is good enough for them...

Not only is Eddy better than Iheanacho, but he's better than the best version of Vardy.

I understand that money talks and he will be for the off (next season hopefully), but no offence I'm 100% convinced that he will be skipping the Leicester level stepping stone.

This is a guy who has the best strike ratio for France U21's team in history. 11 goals in 6 games, he was thought of as a better prospect that Mbappe when they were coming up, if it wasn't for some silly decisions(sniping someone with an air rifle) he'd most likely still be at PSG, your only chance to get him would be paying well over the odds which I don't see, when he moves it will be to one of the historically big clubs.

You Celtic fans really are wild.

• Haha 4

Steady on. As you can see by my posts in this thread I'm a massive Edouard fan and I've backed it up, but is he better than Vardy right now? Absolutely not. And if he was a better prospect than Mbappe at any point he wouldn't have gone near Celtic in the first place. If you're talking about when they were 12 years old then there's a million cases like that but it's a pointless comment really.

5 minutes ago, Interested observer said:

Come on now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Interested observer said:

Wait, how is it possible to pay well over the odds for seemingly the greatest player to ever exist? 

Heard the same stuff plenty of times in the past, I know when a player is top class in Scotland or just top class, had with Henrik, VVD, Tierney, Dembele and now it's the same with Eddy.

One year in a top league and he'd cost £100m, but i get it, seeing is believing, and most of you haven't seen enough to really give an educated opinion on him.

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

That's the point, that's a problem when your nearly 24, it's very difficult to play catch-up in that sense.

Yh i guess youre right, i think europa league should give him the opportunity to get a run of games at a decent level level though.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Frost said:

Steady on. As you can see by my posts in this thread I'm a massive Edouard fan and I've backed it up, but is he better than Vardy right now? Absolutely not. And if he was a better prospect than Mbappe at any point he wouldn't have gone near Celtic in the first place. If you're talking about when they were 12 years old then there's a million cases like that but it's a pointless comment really.

Better than Vards. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂...

I've heard it all now!!

4 minutes ago, Interested observer said:

Heard the same stuff plenty of times in the past, I know when a player is top class in Scotland or just top class, had with Henrik, VVD, Tierney, Dembele and now it's the same with Eddy.

One year in a top league and he'd cost £100m, but i get it, seeing is believing, and most of you haven't seen enough to really give an educated opinion on him.

No need to get defensive.I think Edouard looks like a very talented player, and has a lot of attributes to like. If we could get him, lose Nacho, and spend £10m in the process i wouldn't be disappointed. Think any reasonably in tune individual is able to separate the quality of the player from the quality of the league.

To say he is better than the best version of Vardy, however, will go some way to invalidating your reasonable points about Edouard's quality, because that's nonsense.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, Interested observer said:

I know what you mean. 

I’m the only person in the world to see myself play consistently, and i’m convinced i’m better than Messi.

• Haha 2

Better than the best version of vardy though? Vardy scored 24 goals 6 assists  in 36 appearances and won the league in a side that were relegation candidates.

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Better than Vards. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂...

I've heard it all now!!

I get it, you probably though Maguire was better than VVD too, As someone who watches every Celtic game and plenty of EPL I have good knowledge on both, let be honest, you don't.

3 minutes ago, martyn said:

No need to get defensive.I think Edouard looks like a very talented player, and has a lot of attributes to like. If we could get him, lose Nacho, and spend £10m in the process i wouldn't be disappointed. Think any reasonably in tune individual is able to separate the quality of the player from the quality of the league.

To say he is better than the best version of Vardy, however, will go some way to invalidating your reasonable points about Edouard's quality, because that's nonsense.

What was defensive about my post, I would suggest the post I replied to was the defensive one.

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'd rather the Vardy that got 18/20 or so goals that contributed more to the general play of the game to be honest.

If he doesn't score in a game then he generally doesn't do much else.

But the reality is that he's been told to conserve his energy in games because he doesn't have the same sort of stamina to press from the front like he does. It's only natural given that he's 33 and a half.

He has created some class chances this season with his vision and passes- he’d easily be on double figures for assists this season if others took their chances. 

Barnes v Chelsea, Iheanacho twice v Arsenal, Barnes twice v Sheff Utd and that’s to name just a few off the top of my head. 

Yes he’s an absolute nuisance when he chases all day but to say he doesn’t do much else if he doesn’t score is laughable. He doesn’t get nowhere near enough credit for his overall game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Better than the best version of vardy though? Vardy scored 24 goals 6 assists  in 36 appearances and won the league in a side that were relegation candidates.

Yes better, there's no version of Vardy that I would swap for the current version of Eddy, i'm not saying this lightly, I didn't say this stuff about Leigh Griffiths or Gary Hooper, or even Dembele, Eddy is special player.

4 minutes ago, Interested observer said:

I get it, you probably though Maguire was better than VVD too, As someone who watches every Celtic game and plenty of EPL I have good knowledge on both, let be honest, you don't.

You may watch but you clearly do not pay much attention lol

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Interested observer said:

By paying over the odds I mean offer him much bigger wages than the competition is willing too, that's the only way he'll be signing for Leicester.

This is Great. Keep digging.:fishing:

9 minutes ago, Interested observer said:

TBH most people on here were willing to drive maguire to UTD for 80 million everyone knew he wasn't that good.

• Like 4