2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He does score a lot of goals from midfield, I’d have concerns over if he is technically good enough to do it in the EPL though. 

Has he there been any speculation that he’s looking for a move. The only murmurings you tend to hear down south are regarding Edouard and Ajer

Celtic need to sell now having been dumped out the UCL.   Talk-Shite stating this loss has cost them UKP30m? 

Us not making the UCL probably cost us double that figure, which explains why we there is more movement inside a Tramps Y-Fronts than in our Recruitment Squad.

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'm pretty much resigned to him leaving as of last night now, hope if/when that happens he comes here.

Will he be happy being behind Vardy in the pecking order for the next year or so? I feel like he'd rather go somewhere he can be the main man right away

1 minute ago, TiffToff88 said:

Will he be happy being behind Vardy in the pecking order for the next year or so? I feel like he'd rather go somewhere he can be the main man right away

This may be wrong but my own opinion would be that Vardy should be used more sparingly to prolong him for an extra season or two. If that were to be the case then I think Edouard would be better playing say 10-15 league games, all the cup games and European games than going to a side where he'd be battling relegation, I don't think the latter would be the right move for him. Maybe the plan is to play 3-5-2 next season and that's a big part of the interest, who knows.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This may be wrong but my own opinion would be that Vardy should be used more sparingly to prolong him for an extra season or two. If that were to be the case then I think Edouard would be better playing say 10-15 league games, all the cup games and European games than going to a side where he'd be battling relegation, I don't think the latter would be the right move for him. Maybe the plan is to play 3-5-2 next season and that's a big part of the interest, who knows.

Agree - has he played much in a 2?

Not much but when he and Dembele were both at the club and they did play in a two they looked absolutely terrifying.

I think we'll see 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-2-1 a lot this season so another credible striking option would be more than required. Iheanacho has only really looked the part of the bench for me.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Controversial opinion, but I’m not so sure he will be “behind” Vardy in the pecking order this season.

Yes, Vardy has just come off of a golden boot winning season, and Yes, I do think he is better than Edouard as a finisher, however........

We are easily looking at 50+ games this season if we do averagely well in the cups /Europe, Vardy isn’t getting any younger, and although he is still a big threat, he’s likely to need more rest to avoid injuries, and become less likely to handle a full 90 minutes.

Personally, I think both strikers would get 25+ starts each this season, and you will see lots more subs between the 2 of them at around 65 minutes. Either Vardy getting knackered after 65, or coming on for a “fresh” 30.

That’s not to mention games where BR might play 2 up top, or move that way if we are chasing a game.

We may not like to think it, but this year we should start to see a transition away from Vardy a bit more, which is why we need our 2nd Striker to be of very good quality.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I agree with parts of this, although it may be the case that Edouard gets more of the “bottom half” league and cup games, and Vardy saved for the top 6 / European games. Vardy is 100% the man against the big teams, and it would give Edouard more time to settle, and more chances to score and build his confidence in “lesser” games. 
I still think 2 up top will be used very sparingly.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NasPb said:

Not needed imo

So if Vardy gets injured for a long time, and we’re in Europa as well this year, are we going to just have Ian lead the line? 

people need to realise we have enough games this coming season to keep at least three quality out and out strikers busy 

2 minutes ago, City1884 said:

Controversial opinion, but I’m not so sure he will be “behind” Vardy in the pecking order this season.

Yes, Vardy has just come off of a golden boot winning season, and Yes, I do think he is better than Edouard as a finisher, however........

We are easily looking at 50+ games this season if we do averagely well in the cups /Europe, Vardy isn’t getting any younger, and although he is still a big threat, he’s likely to need more rest to avoid injuries, and become less likely to handle a full 90 minutes.

Personally, I think both strikers would get 25+ starts each this season, and you will see lots more subs between the 2 of them at around 65 minutes. Either Vardy getting knackered after 65, or coming on for a “fresh” 30.

That’s not to mention games where BR might play 2 up top, or move that way if we are chasing a game.

We may not like to think it, but this year we should start to see a transition away from Vardy a bit more, which is why we need our 2nd Striker to be of very good quality.

Oh I agree that Vardy will play less this season, but he'll still be seen as the main man this season. If we play with one up front, Eduardo will be the man watching from the sidelines. I'd be very excited to see the 2 of them play together. And obviously he still have age in his side so will he seen as a long term replacement, but Vardy has just signed a 3 year contract. To me, that suggests that he's still seen as one of the more important pieces of our puzzle for at least next season.

Any new strikers that come in will no doubt he made aware that Vardy is still the main man, but will he phased out of the team gradually over the next couple of years.

I just feel like Eduardo is the sort of player who will want to play as many games as possible. That's the only thing that might put him off coming here