Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Whether it's a 3 or 4 at the back I guess will dictate the priority in terms of whether ir's a RW or CF.

QUESTION - if its a top winger and 4 at the back   OR   Edouard and 3 at the back what would everyone's preference be??

Edited by les-tah

55 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Batshuayi is the definition of bang average.

Really ? His goal scoring record with exception to his time at Chelsea is pretty decent. Add to that, European experience.

He reminds me of Ings last year. A lot of people were against their teams signing him based on his injury record and goal drought but he always had something about him that suggested he could perform and score regularly in the Premier. Same applies to Batshuayi. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

QUESTION - if its a top winger and 4 at the back   OR   Edouard and 3 at the back what would everyone's preference be??

The first one, obviously, but not really fair. A “top winger” will cost more than Edouard, and would likely be difficult to attract to Leicester with no CL. One problem with 3 at the back is it is even more reliant on signing a quality extra CB as well as a striker. With wingers we could get away with a young developing CB or a loanee to pad out the squad as we only need to play 2 per game instead of 3. 

More realistically, any winger we sign is going to be a player in a similar bracket to Edouard IMO, young and with something to prove. 

Also, if we sign a winger we are no better prepared for a Vardy injury, if we sign a striker  with potential to replace him in a few years, now that makes a lot of sense. 

both would be great :D 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

Batshuayi is also on like £160k per week and I can't see him taking a wage cut to come. He'll end up out on loan at someone like West Ham 

£90k reported online having just checked, but yeah hadn’t considered that, silly money for his CV. Pass if that’s the case. Can’t see him having many takers for that wage. 

1 hour ago, boosmanana said:

Batshuayi is also on like £160k per week and I can't see him taking a wage cut to come. He'll end up out on loan at someone like West Ham 

I would not want him here, nowhere near good enough 

I am not sure about these Celtic guys.  It seems lazy for agents to say well Rodgers knows him and will want to take him to the pl.  Rodgers will know  his plus and minus points and understand why he is still in the spl.

Let's just stop getting  ahead of ourselves and look at players who have the potential to be top six... not the next Charlie Adam's.

Imo I want to see us hire a powerful winger .. prezez is too light weight...  I would like a player line michel Antonio buy west ham wont let ho of him.  Where do we find such a player?

FROM NOW ON EVERY PLAYER HAS TO HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BE IN A TOP SIX TEAM.... THATS WHERE WE ARE GOING

Edited by foxinsocks

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I am not sure about these Celtic guys.  It seems lazy for agents to say well Rodgers knows him and will want to take him to the pl.  Rodgers will know  his plus and minus points and understand why he is still in the spl.

Let's just stop getting  ahead of ourselves and look at players who have the potential to be top six... not the next Charlie Adam's.

Imo I want to see us hire a powerful winger .. prezez is too light weight...  I would like a player line michel Antonio buy west ham wont let ho of him.  Where do we find such a player?

FROM NOW ON EVERY PLAYER HAS TO HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BE IN A TOP SIX TEAM.... THATS WHERE WE ARE GOING

You really contradict yourself there re: Antonio, a decent player but not a top 6 player and never will be.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

You really contradict yourself there re: Antonio, a decent player but not a top 6 player and never will be.

He is bright... and still has time to learn.  Let's see where he goes next....

Edit. Woah.. he is 30... I am wrong about him.  But that's the type of guy i would like

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Why the **** is Ricardo as a winger being discussed in here. Man this site is a right joke sometimes. Shambles 

Calm down lol  I think it went off on a tangent because Ricardo is the best attacking player we got regardless of position. But I think the general consensus is don’t change something that’s not broke just buy a world class winger ;) 

Edited by les-tah