StanSP

Said Benrahma

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Probably gonna get some stick for this as I know his stats are silly. However I honestly don’t get the hype for him. I’ve watched 3/4 Brentford games since the restart & I honestly think he’s massively over hyped.

Goes hiding way to long in games & I honestly think he would struggle in the premier league. Eze would be the player I would go for from the championship.

He definitely goes missing and has those moments where he just doesn’t play with much determination. 

We need a left-footed winger. I don’t see us signing a quality one and bringing in Benrahma in the same window. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We need a right winger before we consider competition for Barnes on the left. I'd be all over Watkins though, becoming a complete striker.

Assuming tonight was an off night for Benrahma, that he's genuine quality, that we're actually interested, and that we go ahead and sign him...

Could he slot in on the left and Barnes move over to the right? Barnes' hit and hope style might suit him better on the right where he can at least hit the ball across the keeper with his stronger right foot, and whip in better first-time balls in across the deck.

Perez would then provide competition for Madders as a creative central midfielder and for Vardy as a false 9.

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Lol one game everyone goes off him, fickle 

It’s not one game 

I’ve watched stoke, Barnsley and tonight ........ ghezzal looks better based on those three games (and they were all must wins!!) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Might comment was based off 3/4 games. Admittedly not a full season, but shown nothing really to me that makes me think he could take us to another level. Far from fickle.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Assuming tonight was an off night for Benrahma, that he's genuine quality, that we're actually interested, and that we go ahead and sign him...

Could he slot in on the left and Barnes move over to the right? Barnes' hit and hope style might suit him better on the right where he can at least hit the ball across the keeper with his stronger right foot, and whip in better first-time balls in across the deck.

Perez would then provide competition for Madders as a creative central midfielder and for Vardy as a false 9.

For Barnes to reach his full potential he needs to play on the left imo. He would wasted on the right.

11 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Probably gonna get some stick for this as I know his stats are silly. However I honestly don’t get the hype for him. I’ve watched 3/4 Brentford games since the restart & I honestly think he’s massively over hyped.

Goes hiding way to long in games & I honestly think he would struggle in the premier league. Eze would be the player I would go for from the championship.

Eze is in the same bracket as Benrahma whichever way you look at it. I dont think either would struggle in the PL but theyre not going to set the league alight either.

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s not one game 

I’ve watched stoke, Barnsley and tonight ........ ghezzal looks better based on those three games (and they were all must wins!!) 

I'm glad that someone else has said that. I thought it was just me. Don't get the hype. 

14 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

He was sublime after the restart up until the last 2 games of the season and then the playoffs. Question marks over him failing to turn up when the pressure is on IMO. But on his day he is sensational.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

He was sublime after the restart up until the last 2 games of the season and then the playoffs. Question marks over him failing to turn up when the pressure is on IMO. But on his day he is sensational.

Personally not sold, especially when you could probably get Cantwell or someone abroad like Bailey for the same price.

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Personally not sold, especially when you could probably get Cantwell or someone abroad like Bailey for the same price.

Bailey also fits into the same bracket of not being all that yet insanely hyped.

• Like 2

Personally wouldn't be top of my list, we quite clearly need a right sided winger first and foremost before we think about spending 20—25 on Benrahma.

But having seen Benrahma probably 30 times in the last two years, and about half of them in person, I wouldn't be knocking him as a player and this season he has been sensational having not had a pre season either. Not saying he will go match Mahrez, but he's every bit as good as Mahrez was at that level. 

• Like 1

Literally throw money at them now they’re staying down, priority position we need to strengthen, if we don’t pursue a deal i’ll be baffled

Does a few tricks and has an expensive haircut but doesn't have any balls and can't think clearly when it matters. He'd fit right in here with Brendan at the wheel.

• Like 1

Benrahma will probably go for around 20mil+- like Jerrod Bowen did. And he's not as prolific a goal scorer like Bowen so it could be even less. Think he has tools and mentality that other players don't. We really need players in the squad who can push our so called starters. I remember a period where squad competition between Praet/Youri was keeping Tielemans out of the starting 11.  Think Benrahma could be that guy and give some of our players a run for their money.  Make the squad better as a whole. And who knows how good he could become as a result of that. Said is ready for the challenge.

38 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

the Shepard’s pie haircut seems all the rage these days...

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

...that's not exactly what they are saying to be honest!!!

This is not, for some, the first time that they have watched him live and have come away unimpressed.

There are numerous posters who have advocated signing the Brentford front three, with the talent they have, they should have walked this league.

They have folded as much as us in the run in and that either goes to their players character, or poor management.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

If Perez is the best competition for either of those two then quite frankly we're down to the wire.