Jump to content
urban.spaceman

Wes and Fuchs sign contract extension!

Recommended Posts

Will be interesting to see what Brendan thinks of Bennett - perm signing available for 5 million.... 

 

I would have thought that to be a no brainier in this climate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Is this to continue next season then? Would be a gift for the Manchester, Liverpool and London clubs that have great depth.

I have no idea, but would not be surprised

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Is this to continue next season then? Would be a gift for the Manchester, Liverpool and London clubs that have great depth.

Well it shouldn’t .....afaiaw, it’s to help avoid injuries with so many extra games in a short time following a truncated ‘pre season’.   Next season should see a return to a more normal schedule 

 

good news about the old boys ! 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Well it shouldn’t .....afaiaw, it’s to help avoid injuries with so many extra games in a short time following a truncated ‘pre season’.   Next season should see a return to a more normal schedule 

 

good news about the old boys ! 

I just thought that @Dahnsouff had some inside info from his comment, but apparently not.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaa desperate to not have to face up to the responsibility of moving in full time with his missus and kids 

Do they actually exist? ....

Edited by Fox92
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wolfox said:

Whatever happened to the Maddison extension by the way…. He appeared to be days away from signing months ago

I suspect it will be agreed soon and backdated as it's likely he was put on hold whilst the outcome of how much revenue was likely to be lost from the suspension of the season. Now its been agreed what the monies owed back to the TV companies is and the terms of payment will help clubs be able to plan.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I've not seen this, how much do we owe?

We all agreed to postpone £170m collectively owed to Sky until the 2021/22 season and I think there's another £150-160m owed to BT and various international broadcasters which i'm not 100% sure has been agreed on repayment yet. If you split £330m between 20 clubs it's £16.5m a team, not great news really.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We all agreed to postpone £170m collectively owed to Sky until the 2021/22 season and I think there's another £150-160m owed to BT and various international broadcasters which i'm not 100% sure has been agreed on repayment yet. If you split £330m between 20 clubs it's £16.5m a team, not great news really.


Was this at the point where the season may have been cancelled? 
 

That seems a hell of a lot, considering the season will be finishing and extra games are being shown. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Jakupovic as well, didn't expect that


Makes sense to have 3 competent keepers with so many games next season (hopefully). Unless Ward is looking to move on for first team football. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:


Was this at the point where the season may have been cancelled? 
 

That seems a hell of a lot, considering the season will be finishing and extra games are being shown. 

This was at the point where the season was announced it was restarting and finishing at the end of July. Any further delay was likely to result in more money owed, so hopefully this is the final amounts.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Leeds Fox said:


Makes sense to have 3 competent keepers with so many games next season (hopefully). Unless Ward is looking to move on for first team football. 

Was hoping Iversen or maybe one of the other younger keepers would get the chance to step up to 3rd choice, but I guess if they want Iversen out on loan again it makes sense

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Jakupovic as well, didn't expect that

Bizarre given how highly rated Daniel Iversen supposedly is? Or will we continue to get him out on loan until we consider him at least our number 2?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Bizarre given how highly rated Daniel Iversen supposedly is? Or will we continue to get him out on loan until we consider him at least our number 2?

His loans so far have been in League 2 then League 1, next season should be in the Championship maybe staying at Rotherham since they've got promoted?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mark said:

His loans so far have been in League 2 then League 1, next season should be in the Championship maybe staying at Rotherham since they've got promoted?

Kind of loan that would make sense for all sides unless we can get him to a better club

Link to post
Share on other sites

Johansson looks about as good as Iversen, is he the next one to get stuck in our U23s without going on loan? 

 

Jakupovic is a weird one, you'd think that 3rd keeper spot would be the easiest one to maximise use of our club trained quota for CL

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...