Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton - Post Match Thread - 0-0.

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Imagine saying Vardy isn’t a very good footballer. The premier league’s top goal scorer. 

Ive heard it all now. In the last two days we’ve had Tielemans declared as the best player in the world, Messi and Ronaldo would be ineffective in our side and now Vardy is a shit footballer. 

Is there something in the water in Leicestershire at the moment? cuz this is beyond ridiculous some of the shit people are posting on here. 

😂😂 Although I’m the guy who claimed Tielemans is the best player in our squad(not the world although I know your being sarcastic) and I also claimed Ronaldo and Messi would of struggled vs Brighton(which I stand by as we were so out played and Potter tactically outdid Rodgers)..I have to say this guy claiming Vardy isn’t a good football is outrageous.

He is an incredible striker and a very underrated footballer. I think he’s probably basing it on skills, step overs and flashy rubbish but in terms of Vardy as a striker - he is no doubt world class and more than ‘just a good finisher’.

Its like people expect him to take on 5 players in a tight space where 2 buses are parked, like for real?

Dont get me wrong, he wasn’t great vs Brighton but he wasn’t the issue. I believe no one in the world could of played his position vs Brighton and done any better if we played like we did.

Anyone who genuinely hand on heart watched the Brighton game and thought the main issue was Vardy , really needs to re watch the game or have their head examined.

Remember this is the guy that:

- smashed the league in 15/16.

- scores 16 goals in a team that was in relegation form , including in big CL games vs Sevilla and Athletico and huge relegation matches vs Liverpool and critical other games including winners in both our only away wins that season at WBA and West Ham.

- 17/18 scores 23 goals including 20 in the prem  In a mid table side managed by a manager who left him out and played 2DMs for most of the season.

- 18/19 scores 18 goals again in a mid table side, in and out the team playing even more turgid football under Puel and still scores crucial winners in 2 super tough away games at Chelsea and Everton(both world class finishes  by the way).

- 19/20 finally in a team playing hugely open attacking football shows in a ‘top’ team he’d be a golden boot candidate every season.

He has scored 99 prem goals in a team largely fighting relegation/mid table. it’s really incredible in reality.

He is absolutely top draw and anyone who has any logic or knowledge on that comment will realise.

Sky and Jamie Carragher took until Dec 19 vs Man City to say the words ‘world class’ about him but in truth he’s been that ever since he proved it in 15/16. Premier league legend. Leicester City number 1 best player in the history of the club. Absolutely no doubt about that.

Edited by deanolegend1989
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Imagine saying Vardy isn’t a very good footballer. The premier league’s top goal scorer. 

Ive heard it all now. In the last two days we’ve had Tielemans declared as the best player in the world, Messi and Ronaldo would be ineffective in our side and now Vardy is a shit footballer. 

Is there something in the water in Leicestershire at the moment? cuz this is beyond ridiculous some of the shit people are posting on here. 

Aren’t you from Leicester then???? So

never mentioned Tilemans. I said  vardy is a great goalscorer but not a very good footballer, are you saying he is?? And if so please explain, because he is a world class goalscorer but not a good technical footballer, don’t you watch games or are you blinkered?? On approx 20 occasions against Brighton, and please watch it back, they sat deep and vardy still played of the shoulder of the last defender instead of dropping back 10 yards and creating space? And if haven’t slagged vardy off and haven’t said anything that isn’t true, take your blinkers off and watch the game, the real game. I bet your a fan that thinks Albrighton is better than Mahrez ? I’ve watched every home and away game for 40 years, sorry if my opinion is bullshit 

6 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

never mentioned Tilemans. I said  vardy is a great goalscorer but not a very good footballer, are you saying he is?? And if so please explain, because he is a world class goalscorer but not a good technical footballer, don’t you watch games or are you blinkered?? On approx 20 occasions against Brighton, and please watch it back, they sat deep and vardy still played of the shoulder of the last defender instead of dropping back 10 yards and creating space? And if haven’t slagged vardy off and haven’t said anything that isn’t true, take your blinkers off and watch the game, the real game. I bet your a fan that thinks Albrighton is better than Mahrez ? I’ve watched every home and away game for 40 years, sorry if my opinion is bullshit 

If you have watched every game Vardy has played in his Leicester career you will see that he’s more than just a great goal scorer.

8 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Please stand, King Checchini has entered the room. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

If you have watched every game Vardy has played in his Leicester career you will see that he’s more than just a great goal scorer.

Please tell me why? He is a great goalscorer, a leicester legend, but he isn’t a great technical footballer, again your one that thinks Mahrez didn’t work hard enough 🤣😂. Maybe watch the tactics , watch how players move and then explain to me how good vardy is as a footballer.

i’m not even having a go at him and pony out things he has admitted himself lol take your blinkers of mate. Let’s make this easy, does he start for Liverpool? Man City? Man Utd? Spurs? England? 

1 minute ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Please tell me why? He is a great goalscorer, a leicester legend, but he isn’t a great technical footballer, again your one that thinks Mahrez didn’t work hard enough 🤣😂. Maybe watch the tactics , watch how players move and then explain to me how good vardy is as a footballer.

i’m not even having a go at him and pony out things he has admitted himself lol take your blinkers of mate. Let’s make this easy, does he start for Liverpool? Man City? Man Utd? Spurs? England? 

He isn’t a ‘great’ technical footballer but he’s a great footballer and a world class striker. Owen and Van Nisterooy wernt great players then? Just goal scorers?
Van Nisterooy and prime Owen were world class, they played for the best clubs in the world. Vardy stands alongside either of those, has as many prem medals as both of them, yet you can’t deny the standard of players Vardys played with isn’t close to what them 2 played with.

Goals record he is right up there too.

So to answer your question, yes he could play for any of the top teams, especially in his prime. 2015-2019 he’d get in any team in the world based on talent, ability and goal scoring.

His age has been the reason no big club has actually signed him(And his loyalty).

If he was at this level in his early to mid 20s he’d be playing in a top 6 team, absolutely no doubt about that. 

1 hour ago, pds said:

Hate this argument, cos you watched football in 1982  it makes your opinion more valid?

Oh sorry, so im

not aloud an opinion where I dare say someone I call a legend isn’t a very good footballer? Sick of the blinkers of some fans, again the same fans that slagged of Mahrez no doubt. Vardy is a legend, vardy is great at the counter attack, vardy is a great goalscorer, but vardy isn’t a great footballer and can’t hold the call up and create space when teams defend swap. Watch him against Brighton, then comment mate, he stayed on the last shoulder and made it impossible to find room. I’m not slagging vardy off I’m pointing out that when teams defend deep he is a wast of space and it’s like playing with 10 men. And to conform this, please look at his average amount of touches a game. And again please tell me what top 4 team in Europe he would start in 

1 minute ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Oh sorry, so im

not aloud an opinion where I dare say someone I call a legend isn’t a very good footballer? Sick of the blinkers of some fans, again the same fans that slagged of Mahrez no doubt. Vardy is a legend, vardy is great at the counter attack, vardy is a great goalscorer, but vardy isn’t a great footballer and can’t hold the call up and create space when teams defend swap. Watch him against Brighton, then comment mate, he stayed on the last shoulder and made it impossible to find room. I’m not slagging vardy off I’m pointing out that when teams defend deep he is a wast of space and it’s like playing with 10 men. And to conform this, please look at his average amount of touches a game. And again please tell me what top 4 team in Europe he would start in 

As I’ve stated lots of times before, not many players can play in them circumstances. Every ‘top’ world class players play for teams who dominate.
Vardy doesn’t have that luxury and hasn’t a majority of his career.

Ronaldo

Henry

Suarez

Aguero

Gerrard

Viera

Keane

Scholes

De Bruyne

need I go  on?

All these world class players played in top top top teams who completely dominate most games .

It’s so easy when it’s like that, and Vardy has proven how much of a killer he is when we ‘dominate’ games.

Aguero is possibly the best striker but he can’t hold the ball up particularly well..that’s such a cliche ‘hold the ball up’. It’s about getting possession higher up the field , he has sane Stirling mahrez b silva feeding him constantly.

World class players play in world class teams. Vardy is an enigma, he’s unique, but there’s no doubt in a top team he would get more space and it would be his playground.

16 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

He isn’t a ‘great’ technical footballer but he’s a great footballer and a world class striker. Owen and Van Nisterooy wernt great players then? Just goal scorers?
Van Nisterooy and prime Owen were world class, they played for the best clubs in the world. Vardy stands alongside either of those, has as many prem medals as both of them, yet you can’t deny the standard of players Vardys played with isn’t close to what them 2 played with.

Goals record he is right up there too.

So to answer your question, yes he could play for any of the top teams, especially in his prime. 2015-2019 he’d get in any team in the world based on talent, ability and goal scoring.

His age has been the reason no big club has actually signed him(And his loyalty).

If he was at this level in his early to mid 20s he’d be playing in a top 6 team, absolutely no doubt about that. 

Loyalty? What loyalty? He agreed to go to Arsenal but back tracked as he knew he wouldn’t start every game? He is in the same league as Rudd and Owen? The bloke is a legend and a top goalscorer, but he isn’t a world class

footballer and if he was he would have left Leicester 3 years ago lol 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

As I’ve stated lots of times before, not many players can play in them circumstances. Every ‘top’ world class players play for teams who dominate.
Vardy doesn’t have that luxury and hasn’t a majority of his career.

Ronaldo

Henry

Suarez

Aguero

Gerrard

Viera

Keane

Scholes

De Bruyne

need I go  on?

All these world class players played in top top top teams who completely dominate most games .

It’s so easy when it’s like that, and Vardy has proven how much of a killer he is when we ‘dominate’ games.

Aguero is possibly the best striker but he can’t hold the ball up particularly well..that’s such a cliche ‘hold the ball up’. It’s about getting possession higher up the field , he has sane Stirling mahrez b silva feeding him constantly.

World class players play in world class teams. Vardy is an enigma, he’s unique, but there’s no doubt in a top team he would get more space and it would be his playground.

Vardy is an enigma, but Liverpool and Man City would be worst with him in the team. All of their playerS and all the players you mentioned are world class, vardy isn’t. Vardys a goal scorer, not a

link Player, oh and please remind me the average possession stats for Leicester this season? That’s the issue, if we don’t have the ball he is dangerous as hell,

W hen we are 1-0 he is unplayable, but he is easy to defend against at 0-0. Please take your blinkers off and watch games back when teams drop deep and see why other players have no room. He is Undroppable for Leicester, the biggest legend in our history, but please stop saying he is world class and can walk in to any team lol  

Edited by Cecchini1976

3 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Loyalty? What loyalty? He agreed to go to Arsenal but back tracked as he knew he wouldn’t start every game? He is in the same league as Rudd and Owen? The bloke is a legend and a top goalscorer, but he isn’t a world class

footballer and if he was he would have left Leicester 3 years ago lol 

Did he tell you that? Or did he think he’d rather stay at Leicester because Arsenal currently are not a top team and he’d rather stay at the club who made him world class?

He has as many Prem titles as either of those , with teams who arnt meant to win in comparison to the teams they played in.
He’s scored more goals than Ruud and ratio wise better than Owen , again, in much worse teams.

He is clearly a world class striker and more than just a finisher. Just because he’s not a technical wizard like Ronaldo doesn’t mean he’s just a finisher, he’s right up there with any of the great Premier league strikers.

2 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Vardy is an enigma, but Liverpool and Man City would be worst with him in the team. All of their playerS and all the players you mentioned are world class, vardy isn’t. Vardys a goal scorer, not a

link Player, oh and please remind me the average possession stats for Leicester this season? That’s the issue, if we don’t have the ball he is dangerous as hell,

W hen we are 1-0 he is unplayable, but he is easy to defend against at 0-0. Please take your blinkers off and watch games back when teams drop deep and see why other players have no room. He is I drop for Leicester, the biggest legend in our history, but please stop saying he is world class and can walk in to any team lol  

No ‘we’ are easy to defend against not him. As stated before, he’s not the reason. He didn’t play vs Norwich and it was the same turgid crap.

Ill judge him on his ability, not how bad the team he’s playing in are. He is a world class striker and is in the same category as Van Nisterooy, Owen, Fowler, Cole, Wright et all.

18 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

No ‘we’ are easy to defend against not him. As stated before, he’s not the reason. He didn’t play vs Norwich and it was the same turgid crap.

Ill judge him on his ability, not how bad the team he’s playing in are. He is a world class striker and is in the same category as Van Nisterooy, Owen, Fowler, Cole, Wright et all.

So are you saying the other 10 players are crap and he is world class? Wow I’m a leicester City fan and appreciate what every player gives to this amazing team. But I’m my obviously awful opinion the only world class players that have played for is in recent years are Kante and Mahrez. And I agree vardy is like Fowler and rudd and Owen. I’m not slagging him off, but I won’t say he can walk in to any team lol that’s stupid as if your honest with yourself you know he wouldn’t. I love vardy, but I also see that we have 10 men when teams defend deeper. You can say I’m wrong, and you can have your opinion, but I am also allowed mine. And I think Vs 11 men that defend deep I would rather put vardy wide and a central forward who will drop deep and create space behind . Had enough of this, I think he is a legend, but told he is a world class footballer, can get in any team in the world and the other 10 players are the problem.

again amazing goalscorer, shit footballer, and you can say i am wrong or you could analysis his performances against those teams  and see I may have a valid point. I fully expect him to give Chelsea back line nightmares on Sunday, but also expect say Norwich to have the easiest day of their life marking him at 0-0

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

No I’m not from Leicester, my dad and his side of the family are. 

Im not a fan that thinks Albrighton is better than Mahrez either, far from it. Bit weird to assume that to defend your stupid statement. I don’t really feel I need to have a debate with someone who thinks Vardy is a shit footballer - seems like you’ve wasted 40 years of watching us home and away if you think one of the best players we have had in that time is shit. 

You muppet, never said he wasn’t a legend, never said he was a shot goalscorer, just said he is not a good footballer. And yes I’ve wasted all my time and money supporting every player that has worn the blue shirt, from league one to the prem. what do I know? I’m not debating by the way, and if you watched his movement against deep lying defences you may see my point, maybe next time just watch his movement, and his touch. If we play the top teams who don’t play deep he is lethal  and a threat. I just think against say Brighton or Watford away we played with 10 men, he probably got 10 touches over both games, I would have moved him out wide and put someone happy to drop deep and create space in behind for him to get in to. Can’t say it enough, I love vardy, he is a legend, but please don’t say he is a top clas footballer, he is though a top class finisher 

Just now, Cecchini1976 said:

So are you saying the other 10 players are crap and he is world class? Wow I’m a leicester City fan and appreciate what every player gives to this amazing team. But I’m my obviously awful opinion the only world class players that have played for is in recent years are Kante and Mahrez. And I agree vardy is like Fowler and rudd and Owen. I’m not slagging him off, but I won’t say he can walk in to any team lol that’s stupid as if your honest with yourself you know he wouldn’t. I love vardy, but I also see that we have 10 men when teams defend deeper. You can say I’m wrong, and you can have your opinion, but I am also allowed mine. And I think Vs 11 men that defend deep I would rather put vardy wide and a central forward who will drop deep and create space behind . Had enough of this, I think he is a legend, but told he is a world class footballer, can get in any team in the world and the other 10 players are the problem.

again amazing goalscorer, shit footballer, and you can say i am wrong or you could analysis his performances against those teams  and see I may have a valid point. I fully expect him to give Chelsea back line nightmares on Sunday, but also expect say Norwich to have the easiest day of their life marking him at 0-0

How is saying ‘he’s in the same category as’ translate to I think those other names are crap? 🤦‍♂️😂.

I said prime Vardy could walk into any team and if he was in his early-mid 20s he would be snapped up.

Currently, no he wouldn’t walk into any team. People usually write off players over 30 and rightly so as they rarely improve. Vardy is an enigma and because of his career path, will not get the respect he deserves, however he is world class and clearly underrated by even some of our own fans.

I suggest watching his goals collection and you will see some great world class technical goals. You will also see an all round mix of headers, left foot, chips, bursting runs through aka west Brom. All rounders are world class and make goals that no one could do. Vardy does that.

I mean it’s one thing to suggest he’s not world class but shit footballer? 😂😂. That is a childish clueless comment.

59 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Just to say your saying the rest of the plates are crap in this post in my eyes, impersonally wouldn’t say any Leicester player is crap, but if that’s how you think of the players that have us sitting 3rd in the prem with 7 games to go is up to you.

im proud that Leicester have managed to not only be competing to be in the champions league, but also have found away to catch up 20 points on the top 6 this season. Amazing really.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Just to say your saying the rest of the plates are crap in this post in my eyes, impersonally wouldn’t say any Leicester player is crap, but if that’s how you think of the players that have us sitting 3rd in the prem with 7 games to go is up to you.

im proud that Leicester have managed to not only be competing to be in the champions league, but also have found away to catch up 20 points on the top 6 this season. Amazing really.

The sad reality is from the position we are, we have blown it. Absolutely shambolic to be in this position now.

After Chelsea winning tonight, I would be genuinely shocked if we qualify now. 

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

The sad reality is from the position we are, we have blown it. Absolutely shambolic to be in this position now.

How can we have blown it, 7 games to go and we are 3rd still... we may not qualify but using the term blown it when we clearly haven’t is a bit ridiculous 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

How can we have blown it, 7 games to go and we are 3rd still... we may not qualify but using the term bleh it when we clearly haven’t is a bit ridiculous 

To be in this position from where we were would of required an unprecedented turn of form from everyone to to be in this position today and it’s happened!

It is absolutely shocking. If we had even performed at mid table form since December we’d be locked. I’m fuming right now , we’re in major trouble

32 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Would be gutted if we blow it, but top 5 will he champions league,

but take away what’s happens this season, I don’t think any of us would have thought we would be in this position, I just hoped we could close the 20

point gap from last year. Think it’s just age and due to FFP we haven’t got the opportunity to change the team around with the same quality of player,

soma few players off form

really screws is over 

Edited by Cecchini1976