Jump to content
Fox in the North

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 2

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

If you'd stood around in 2009 telling people we'd win the PL, CL QF etc etc I strongly suspect you'd have been taken to a nice 'soft' room in a special coat by some very nice Dr's.

 

Regardless of your opinion on the colour, that facility is immense. 

Exactly.

 

I think the colour is great, by the way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

If you'd stood around in 2009 telling people we'd win the PL, CL QF etc etc I strongly suspect you'd have been taken to a nice 'soft' room in a special coat by some very nice Dr's.

 

Regardless of your opinion on the colour, that facility is immense. 

I remember my dad telling me when i first started going at 8/9yrs old, that he wanted me to follow my local team to be able actually go and watch them play regularly. Yes we may not have been brilliant, but I'd be able to watch us live compared to those United fans who get to OT twice in their lives.

Have to say he made a fairly good decision 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I remember my dad telling me when i first started going at 8/9yrs old, that he wanted me to follow my local team to be able actually go and watch them play regularly. Yes we may not have been brilliant, but I'd be able to watch us live compared to those United fans who get to OT twice in their lives.

Have to say he made a fairly good decision 

I don't remember my Dad ever telling me about who I should support. Football was just going down the City. That was it. Take it or leave it there were no other clubs in our family. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/08/2020 at 20:52, Wymsey said:

Will that dangerous section of the A46 remain as it is, where drivers dangerously cross over to get to Seagrave from Leicester/from Seagrave towards Leicester, or is there still some consultation about trying to improve it - once this training ground opens officially?

Really all they need to do is close it, seems a huge amount of fuss over it.  A club cant be blamed for bad road design.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It really is only the central reservation that’s an issue. Just seal it up and it’s a normal side junction. Like water, the traffic will find its way, soon enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Really all they need to do is close it, seems a huge amount of fuss over it.  A club cant be blamed for bad road design.

Nor for the authorities decades long refusal to do anything about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Really all they need to do is close it, seems a huge amount of fuss over it.  A club cant be blamed for bad road design.

 

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Nor for the authorities decades long refusal to do anything about.

The junction design is poor and dangerous, the Highways Agency and Council have failed to address this for years. And it's going to be worse with the increased traffic to the training ground. The opportunity was perfect to add in a stipulation to properly sort the junction out in the planning permission. Safe access to the training ground, local residents and motorists get the junction improvements they've called for for years. Yes, it's an extra couple of quid on the build cost for LCFC but marginal in the grand scheme. But no, some eejiot at the council requests a slight amendment to the lane configuration. And it resolves nothing. Opportunity missed and indicates that there's not much planning ability at the Planning Dept.

Edited by FoyleFox
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

 

The junction design is poor and dangerous, the Highways Agency and Council have failed to address this for years. And it's going to be worse with the increased traffic to the training ground. The opportunity was perfect to add in a stipulation to properly sort the junction out in the planning permission. Safe access to the training ground, local residents and motorists get the junction improvements they've called for for years. Yes, it's an extra couple of quid on the build cost for LCFC but marginal in the grand scheme. But no, some eejiot at the council requests a slight amendment to the lane configuration. And it resolves nothing. Opportunity missed and indicates that there's not much planning ability at the Planning Dept.

Don't let the truth get in the way.

 

Firstly the club where happy to pay for improvements but that's not how it works.

 

Secondly the council have no say. They asked highways England for their input as is the case in all planning issues. And the solution proposed is the solution that will happen.

 

Granted it seems its not high up highways england priority list but again not the fault of the club or the planning authority.

 

And for the record. Even if it was the councils fault, highways fall under County authority not local.:thumbup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't wait for the club to not bother properly showcasing this to the fans, probably take a picture from about 800 yards on a Nokia 3310 and upload it as a GIF. 

If ever there was a time for a slow-motion video...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Don't let the truth get in the way.

Not sure on your point here. 

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Firstly the club where happy to pay for improvements but that's not how it works.

Exactly, the club would have happily paid, had it been included in the planning. 

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

 

Secondly the council have no say. They asked highways England for their input as is the case in all planning issues. And the solution proposed is the solution that will happen.

Exactly again, a missed opportunity to include it. 

 

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

 

Granted it seems its not high up highways england priority list but again not the fault of the club or the planning authority.

Not suggesting the clubs fault at all, just a missed opportunity to get the junction amended, which everyone seems to want and it was an ideal way to do so. 

 

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

 

And for the record. Even if it was the councils fault, highways fall under County authority not local.:thumbup:

Again, a missed opportunity to improve the junction regardless of being County or local responsibility. 

 

The point being that this junction could've been improved within the works for the training ground if the relevant parties, any of them, had included it. And that would've been a benefit to the area. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't wait for the club to not bother properly showcasing this to the fans, probably take a picture from about 800 yards on a Nokia 3310 and upload it as a GIF. 

Covid has given them the perfect excuse not to run the open days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Not sure on your point here. 

Exactly, the club would have happily paid, had it been included in the planning. 

Exactly again, a missed opportunity to include it. 

 

Not suggesting the clubs fault at all, just a missed opportunity to get the junction amended, which everyone seems to want and it was an ideal way to do so. 

 

Again, a missed opportunity to improve the junction regardless of being County or local responsibility. 

 

The point being that this junction could've been improved within the works for the training ground if the relevant parties, any of them, had included it. And that would've been a benefit to the area. 

because you can't include something in the planning if highways are happy with minor amendments.

 

Local authority seek highways advice and then that is added as part of the application.

You can't factor in something deemed not necessary. The fatality rate at this junction is actually low.

 

Now I'm not saying it's an ideal junction. But it seems people have this issue in their heads.

 

It is what it is. It's not happening so why is everyone so hung up on it.

 

If anything is to blame it's the system. But certainly no fault lies with the club or charnwood.

 

Let's hope all is well and there's no issues otherwise there will be further backlash I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't wait for the club to not bother properly showcasing this to the fans, probably take a picture from about 800 yards on a Nokia 3310 and upload it as a GIF. 

Tours will be arranged for £70 per person.

If you're interested you need to pay now but tours may not be available until 2022.

 

:P:whistle:

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

 

Well erm..... Nice to see the size of the academy gym, which is surprising! But erm... do we really have to have a lesson in how to make concrete floors?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Well erm..... Nice to see the size of the academy gym, which is surprising! But erm... do we really have to have a lesson in how to make concrete floors?

No that's the workout you have to do as part of a medical. There is no gym, per se. It's how to make one. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Well erm..... Nice to see the size of the academy gym, which is surprising! But erm... do we really have to have a lesson in how to make concrete floors?

im guessing thats a promo video from the company doing the screeding …….

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Well erm..... Nice to see the size of the academy gym, which is surprising! But erm... do we really have to have a lesson in how to make concrete floors?

Well you wanted photos of the training ground before and I’ve managed to stumble upon a sub contractors video, can’t be too picky :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Well you wanted photos of the training ground before and I’ve managed to stumble upon a sub contractors video, can’t be too picky :P

True. Hopefully some of our deadwood will be under that screed. I'm sure they'll not be missed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...