Jump to content
Fox in the North

Seagrave Training Centre - Construction updates 2

Recommended Posts

There seems to be a bit of confusion about the junction but a) any and all works are minimal with a low disruption and b) if there are any delays it is most likely they are either now appealing them on the supporting transport england approval (for us) or arranging with LCC to get a date to do the small amount of works. Either way it would be harsh to not get a temporary extension for engineering works. It's all money, the guy who complained works for the council and those bleeders woukd have the kerbstones made out of gold if they could!

Screenshot_20201110-002620_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20201110-002832_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20201110-003221_Drive.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve probably said this before, but I grew up near that junction and, until lockdown, drove past it many times a week. I’ve always thought that all they have to do is close off the central reservation to reduce its risk. It wouldn’t eliminate it, but It would force people to take safer routes. Unless the council chose to employ the vote counters from Georgia, they could begin to remedy the problem in a couple of days. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spudulike said:

 

Hold on, so the condition doesn't need to be removed as the work is happening anyway? So it's open for business as soon as Highways complete the work in Dec?

As far as I can understand the work is scheduled for Dec yes. Which seems strange the club want to push to get in 1 month or so earlier. Must be desperate to get in ASAP.

 

To confirm the post above this as well.

 

It's an A road so is Highways England that have been putting off the works. And there is nothing the club or council can do really to get them to hurry up. But it seems we are almost there.

Edited by Bayfox
Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn’t an update on ours but more of a look at the latest training complex to be completed. If you click on this link and scroll down you’ll come across a lot of very good photos of the new Liverpool building. Very very nice, and it makes me look forward to ours even more!

 

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/liverpool-fc-training-academy-kno-kirkby-£50m-u-c.1977363/page-24

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Will they even be able to use half of the facilities due to COVID? 

It’s their place of work so I would have thought so. Imagine having to swim 50 lengths and have a massage for your job. The hardship!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

This isn’t an update on ours but more of a look at the latest training complex to be completed. If you click on this link and scroll down you’ll come across a lot of very good photos of the new Liverpool building. Very very nice, and it makes me look forward to ours even more!

 

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/liverpool-fc-training-academy-kno-kirkby-£50m-u-c.1977363/page-24

Some impressive features there, like the altitude chamber and underwater treadmill! I just hope we've thought of absolutely everything and more for this place. I also don't think there's much of a chance that we'll be seeing as many pictures as Liverpool have shared.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/11/2020 at 20:16, sacreblueits442 said:

....it is essential that the junction is made safe, even if the club will have to throw some money at it!!!

We have a great deal of assets coming and going to the centre and it would be short sighted not to recognise and attempt to minimise the danger that mutually agreed non-action, will pose

not the club's fault in my opinion, the quickest way to make it safe is to close the crossover.  I dont understand why something as simple hasnt been done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, thesilverfox said:

I finally get to visit Seagrave next week in a work capacity, so hopefully I'll be able to get a few decent pics to put up.

 

I'm still amazed the club haven't made a bigger deal of the progress. What have we had, one set of photos and a video in 2 years?

..I  would be surprised if they will allow cameras!!!

 Did I  read that they are reluctant for anything to go out in respect of videos or photos regarding the Centre.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Billynomates said:

NDA was signed by all parties to not post images onto social media. They want to provide their own photos as part of a ‘grand opening’ no longer with visitors due to pandemic. Club has taken plenty of their own videos and photos but due to delays they didn’t want to issue them due to a false hope of completion because it’s out of everyone’s control.

 

nearly there. First team due early December to start! There will be a large update of photos and all sorts in a few weeks.

Oops 🙊🙈

 

I agree fully with your post though and I'd like them to do a digital splurge around as much media as possible when its finished. It deserves it (like liverpool's). I think that's why they stopped the drone videos a year ago or so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Billynomates said:

There are fortnightly drone flights over the TG, loads of data. It’s just a choice not to share it. The place is incredible. I think I mentioned before those who worked on both LFC and LCFC (same architect too) have a clear favourite. The ft and ac have separate Rec rooms, both amazing. But there is so much more being t to he scenes though with psychologists etc, big changes coming. It’s the largest facility in the world and second most expensive until PSG complete their new one.

Sounds like a timelapse for the club? The main building on the plans looks phenomenal where you have a retaining wall which gives a full 3 storey at the back where the first team play and with the topography its is a 2 storey at the back. I looked at the plans for this and noticed the gym/swimming/hydrotherapy pools are effectively underground for the first team at the front of the building where the garden with sun tunnels for natural light and total privacy are. I looked at liverpool's and their new buildings look like it's been dominated by looks rather than functionality. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Sounds like a timelapse for the club? The main building on the plans looks phenomenal where you have a retaining wall which gives a full 3 storey at the back where the first team play and with the topography its is a 2 storey at the back. I looked at the plans for this and noticed the gym/swimming/hydrotherapy pools are effectively underground for the first team at the front of the building where the garden with sun tunnels for natural light and total privacy are. I looked at liverpool's and their new buildings look like it's been dominated by looks rather than functionality. 

Yes all ‘underground’ but it’s a maze and so easy to get lost during construction. Really complex build, ridiculously complex. The owners office is spectacular. The club have had to hire loads of new staff to deal with the size and scale, plus the mental perception for players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Billynomates said:

Yes all ‘underground’ but it’s a maze and so easy to get lost during construction. Really complex build, ridiculously complex. The owners office is spectacular. The club have had to hire loads of new staff to deal with the size and scale, plus the mental perception for players.

Totally agree. The whole building facing south over the 1st team pitches is designed to look private and used by 1st team only and it's also more wind shaded by the pitches at a lower level. The design to split the academy from the the 1st team in the areas of the building is fab and I personally think that this should drive the academy players harder. Cant believe it's the biggest training centre and 2nd most expensive. I would've thought many city would be though? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Totally agree. The whole building facing south over the 1st team pitches is designed to look private and used by 1st team only and it's also more wind shaded by the pitches at a lower level. The design to split the academy from the the 1st team in the areas of the building is fab and I personally think that this should drive the academy players harder. Cant believe it's the biggest training centre and 2nd most expensive. I would've thought many city would be though? 

I’d heard that their academy cost £150/200 at the time. Make sense when they built their own mini stadium. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Billynomates said:

Yes all ‘underground’ but it’s a maze and so easy to get lost during construction. Really complex build, ridiculously complex. The owners office is spectacular. The club have had to hire loads of new staff to deal with the size and scale, plus the mental perception for players.

Was wondering how many extra staff they'll need to run it, I'd imagine the accommodation will be available 24/7 for the players so the security team alone would be a fair size on top of maintenance guys, cleaners, chefs etc

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...