jonthefox

Leicester 3-0 Crystal Palace Post match

For me, this proves both Ian & Vards upfront is the way to go. I wish BR was playing them together more often, not only in home games with poor opposition or where we trail 0-2

Also, BARNESINHO!!!  Take a bow son

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I was screaming for a formation change and for Perez to be the tip of the diamond behind Vardy / Iheanacho before the Everton game, I thought it worked brilliantly today. 

So buzzing to see Vardy back on the scoresheet too, a perfect day all round.

Same. Also wanted Albrighton to start which was the right call. Chilwell going off meant football was more fluent and faster down the left. Btw, Fuchs’s crosses are still good!

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I think because of the bravado he puts on we forget that he can be prone to bouts of self doubt. The relief was clear to see on his face when he bagged the 100 today

You can see from that chance he snatched at on the edge of the box with his left in the second half and when receiving Ayoze’s ball in the first half he was playing with the weight of the world on his shoulders. 

Good to see him back with the shackles off for his second goal :) 

• Like 1

Just now, Tuna said:

Bennett gives us good options.

Would actually be hilarious if he scores the winner that denies Wolves a Champions League place lol

Proper shit goal off his thigh from an outstretched leg at the back post with VAR giving it slightly onside :D 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

James Justin brilliant today against Zaha, kept him quiet all game and looks very good in the Wing Back role

image.png.14f16571c10e780508288cddd2a36626.png

Agreed. Had a mare v Everton but was excellent today against a very, very good player. Says a lot about his character.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

No Chilwell (second half). No Maddison. 2 upfront - formation change. What Foxestalk wanted before the game.

On current form having those two out of the team might not be the worst thing ever. Chilwell I personally think people are overly harsh on as offensively I think he's been good since the restart, and not just for his goal against Watford. He has been culpable for some defensive gaffs though. Fuchs is better defensively, but with Ricardo out of the team we need our fullbacks to provide width.

When we went 352 we played quite well, even though Albrighton had to cut back to cross. Will be interesting to see if we start that way against Arsenal.

20 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Apologies Brendan. Apologies Vards.

I liked the formation today. Thought Wilf was incredible and Ayoze worked his nuts off. 3 at the back worked well when Bennett came on.

Bang on , I  thought Perez was top notch today  as well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I purposefully didn't watch that one, took the dog out in my retro Leicester shirt instead. Suppose I've got to do that every bastard match til the end of the season now

Yes please lol

Harvey Barnes on 6 goals and 8 assists in the Premier League this season.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Bennett gives us good options.

Would actually be hilarious if he scores the winner that denies Wolves a Champions League place lol

Still so confused why Wolves let him come to us.

Lots of praise for Wilf, Barnes and Vardy (rightly so) but for me Youri had another very solid game. He’s so much better when utilised further forward - which was outlined in that second half. 

• Like 3

sorry for re-posting halftime stats ... the good stuff from whoscored to make up for it:

matchstats.thumb.JPG.429ba6209f923ec9b6402b798f5f6fa7.JPG

What a massive win, really enjoyed that.

When the formation changed to 3-5-2, we looked so much better.

Evans was absolutely tremendous too by the way.

• Like 1

Now we have the result we all wanted, perhaps all the in-match miseries might care to see that the only thing missing was a bit of luck and some end product. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

On current form having those two out of the team might not be the worst thing ever. Chilwell I personally think people are overly harsh on as offensively I think he's been good since the restart, and not just for his goal against Watford. He has been culpable for some defensive gaffs though. Fuchs is better defensively, but with Ricardo out of the team we need our fullbacks to provide width.

When we went 352 we played quite well, even though Albrighton had to cut back to cross. Will be interesting to see if we start that way against Arsenal.

Yeah, thought both Albrighton and Fuchs did well too. Fuchs’ crosses are still good too - and I like that he does not waste time and gets forward early.

• Like 1

Evans was massive, thought we seemed to soak up the pressure well enough, didn't flap. Zaha had a decent chance late on (think Youri was playing him on) but that aside we kept shape really well. Getting the first goal really is huge for this lot.

1 minute ago, Haywood_6 said:

What a massive win, really enjoyed that.

When the formation changed to 3-5-2, we looked so much better.

Evans was absolutely tremendous too by the way.

Nearly always is.

• Like 2

Thought Ayoze was great today. Worked hard and got between the lines. He's a good back up to Maddison in that 10 role.

• Like 2