Jump to content
enmac

Which players from MON's team would improve us?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Pontus Kaamark and Matt Elliott were remarkable defenders. Heskey as foil for Vardy would be great. Prime Collymore would get in any match day squad at least. Izzet would make the bench, as would Flowers

Kaamark is a good shout, great footballer

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Pontus Kaamark and Matt Elliott were remarkable defenders. Heskey as foil for Vardy would be great. Prime Collymore would get in any match day squad at least. Izzet would make the bench, as would Flowers

Please don’t get me started on Tim Flowers! You’re right in that he showed great quality at first. I think he picked up an injury?& when he came back he was just dreadful- any shot on target against him was a goal. In his last season   (Taylor’s relegation season) he was comfortably the worst keeper I’ve seen in a top flight Leicester side.

He is the only player who’d feature in both a ‘best squad’ and a ‘worst squad’ IMO!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Prime Heskey and Collymore would get in most teams today. 
 

I loved Izzett, however, I think a lot of him view him through blue tinted spectacles, he was good, however you couldn’t say that MI would talk into most teams. 
 

Elliott is an interesting one, as I don’t think the Premier League is full of great defenders. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

..strange that there has been little mention of Neil Lennon!!!

If there was a position and an over-riding need then central midfield and someone who can lead the team will counter any lack of perceived lack of ability.

Steve Walsh in defence or upfront and leadership is a must.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Kaamark is a good shout, great footballer

I came in to say just this. Would be my first choice, then Muzzy and Guppy.

 

That's about it though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

None of them.

 

whilst I could make a case for Guppy, Muzzy and Collymore the game and the pace of the game has moved on.

 

Maybe Stan..... maybe....

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

None of them.

 

whilst I could make a case for Guppy, Muzzy and Collymore the game and the pace of the game has moved on.

 

Maybe Stan..... maybe....

Has it? Harry Maguire is Man Utd first choice centre back

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Kasper

 

Evans

Walsh

Soyuncu

 

Ricardo

Izzet

Ndidi

Guppy

 

Maddison

 

Heskey

Vardy

Cracking looking side but seriously Cags doesn’t look happy on the left of a three - I’d swap Taggs for Cags!

 

And after yesterday’s brain fart by Kasper, Kasey starts in goal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Kasper

 

Evans

Walsh

Soyuncu

 

Ricardo

Izzet

Ndidi

Guppy

 

Maddison

 

Heskey

Vardy

Elliott over Walsh for me but would be a cracking side.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Kasper

 

Evans

Walsh

Soyuncu

 

Ricardo

Izzet

Ndidi

Guppy

 

Maddison

 

Heskey

Vardy

Great side, Personally would have Neil Lennon and Matt Elliot in the side. Take out Maddison and Walsh, and let Izzet play higher. Lennon for me was a superb defensive midfielder. Alongside Ndidi I think that is a superb midfield. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, teblin said:

Elliott over Walsh for me but would be a cracking side.

 

5 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

Great side, Personally would have Neil Lennon and Matt Elliot in the side. Take out Maddison and Walsh, and let Izzet play higher. Lennon for me was a superb defensive midfielder. Alongside Ndidi I think that is a superb midfield. 

I went for Walsh because this team lacks bottle and guts. Walsh wouldn’t have condoned any of that in the sides he played in. Close call on Lennon but Maddison has the capability of the outrageous so he gets in for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GingerrrFox said:

 

I went for Walsh because this team lacks bottle and guts. Walsh wouldn’t have condoned any of that in the sides he played in. Close call on Lennon but Maddison has the capability of the outrageous so he gets in for me. 

Right about Walsh. How we could do with someone like him or huth on Thursday. Maybe it’s time for Wes, but worry that he hasn’t played at all for months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

 

I went for Walsh because this team lacks bottle and guts. Walsh wouldn’t have condoned any of that in the sides he played in. Close call on Lennon but Maddison has the capability of the outrageous so he gets in for me. 

I can see your point on both. Walsh was excellent for us no question about that. Personally, just think Elliot was the better defender.  Maddison is far better on the ball than Lennon. But for someone of his ability his goals and assists are quite low. Izzet for me would do better in that role. And allowing Lennon and Ndidi will be a very strong central midfield to break down. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...