21 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Right decision was made. Two year ban was excessive. 

It wasn’t though.

The rich clubs like Man City can afford a fine so it’s nothing. What’s the point in having FFP? Every rich clubs minds well break it and then just accept the fine. It’s a joke.

I’m not bothered about the influence on us, we’ve messed it up for ourselves, but it just highlights that rich clubs can do anything they want.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Bit of a kick in the teeth for FFP as a whole concept to be honest. Looks like big club bias and when you view it in that light it's a pretty bitter pill to swallow.

Having said that at the start of the season if you wanted Champions League then top 4 is the aim, so if we do finish 5th, I don't think we can grumble about that being Europa.

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

It gets worse - I've just seen on another forum, someone who supports another PL club saying we're just as guilty of abusing FFP as Man City.

I could be completely wrong but I remember something being made of our finances the season we were promoted. There was definitely a fine we had to pay, from memory.

It isn't just the mega-rich that get away with all sorts.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

"There is grounds now for UEFA to go to the Swiss Federal Tribunal"

UEFA could respond to Manchester City's European ban being lifted 

lol

Edited by les-tah

6 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Well...I genuinely am surprised. I thought they'd get at least a year because, to have it overturned would make a complete mockery of UEFA's FFP rules. 

If we're pissed off, I can only imagine how this news has gone down in Germany. 

I agree - I thought they'd reduce it to a year, so as not to make UEFA look stupid.  But now CAS couldn't have sent a clearer message that money talks, and no amount of legal evidence will change that.  

There will be no catching the top four for a while now they will just go out and spend spend spend while clubs below them don’t have that kind of money. If nothing is going to be done other than a 10m fine the prem will be not worth watching 

Doesn't make much of a difference to us after last night.

It's the likes of wolves or Sheffield United that can be more annoyed.

• Like 2

There wasn't much anger on here when we received a modest fine for breaking FFP . 

• Like 1

There's been a lot of comment about keeping politics out of football.

Well, in my opinion, that has all been knocked into a cocked hat by this. It might not fit your definition of 'politics', but it does mine.

Just now, jonthefox said:

There wasn't much anger on here when we received a modest fine for breaking FFP . 

Exactly.

FFP is one big farce, it should be removed from the game.

• Like 1

Let me just remind everyone of our position on new years day. 

we had an 11 (ELEVEN) point gap to Chelsea.

We had a 14 (FOURTEEN) point gap to Man Utd.

15 (FIFTEEN) points to Spurs and Wolves.

And 16 (SIXTEEN) points to Sheff Utd

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

FFP is dead in its current concept. It’s stupid anyway and if one club wants to outspend another, then so be it. Let it be.

Clubs now have a statutory case to reference in future example.

If UEFA want to persist with this, the best they can do is write a % rule, giving back a certain % for every £1 they over spend. Maybe £0.10 in the £1.00? 

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Why have they still been fined if they're innocent?

Because they didn't co-operate with UEFA. It sounds like they already knew they were in the clear so went fvck it, lets take it to CAS.

I’m just surprised that some people are surprised ...    Pep was saying  ages ago that there would be no ban ...   do you seriously think he has a pair of crystal balls ...   get real.      Money talks ...   always has, always will.

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

They’re not innocent. They never were. 

The punishment has been deemed excessive for the crime. Like getting 30 years for graffiti. 

Was always going to happen, although I didn't expect the ban to be completely overturned. Just... wow.

Now that this small matter is out of the way, let's concentrate on battering our three last opponents.

Edited by That_Dude

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

They're not innocent. The CAS statement agrees that the breached the rules, but it looks like they disagree on the severity and say that many of the alleged breaches were not established sufficiently by UEFA. 

https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/CAS_Media_Release_6785_Decision.pdf

the CAS Panel deliberated and concluded that the decision issued on 14 February 2020 by the Adjudicatory Chamber of the CFCB should be set aside and replaced by the following:

a.) MCFC has contravened Article 56 of the Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations.

b.) MCFC shall pay a fine of EUR 10,000,000 to the UEFA, within 30 days as from the date of issuance of the arbitral award.

The CAS award emphasized that most of the alleged breaches reported by the Adjudicatory Chamber of the CFCB were either not established or time-barred.