12 minutes ago, brucey said:

Rather them join Man Utd in the CL than it being made out of just big 6 teams again. 

Come on Europe ! Looking forward to broadening my experience of European clubs and their players by watching some unknown Estonian winger leaving Maguire on his fat arse 

What we've learned then is that Manchester City have now been allowed into the group of elites. We knew it was all a rig anyway but I suppose it's been borderline for a while whether Man City were allowed in on it all and today we discovered they were.

The delays were simply to see how the rest of the season panned out. Now that it's pretty clear that the current top 4 were making the CL it was safe to overturn this.

It's yet another kick in the balls for us - this season is rapidly becomine a nightmare for us. It's hard to believe it could go THIS wrong.

6 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Because they're another example of a club that has just bought their way to being where they are with mercenary owners. 

I admire the character and determination of their players but everything else about them is dislikable. 

Much like we did under Sven? We were fined for breaking FFP rules ourselves. If there owners want to spend money, then goodluck to them, I'd rather have them in the top 4/6 than the standard Liverpool, Man City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc.

6 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Its a sort of rivalry these days, we are both aspirational clubs of a similar size threatening to disrupt the established elite.

More than that though, their fans are neanderthal morons, and they play horrible defensive percentage football while bizarrely being lauded as some sort of second coming of Brazil 1970. And their manager has a shit beard.

I do see where you're coming from, but I hope either us or them manage to break into the CL in the next couple of seasons, just so it's someone different. I don't think we should hate them because they're a good team and we're bottlers.

• Like 2

This is mid July - my quiet time when I can relax , free from the inevitable torment and anguish that football inevitably brings - it would be great if it could just feck off and give me a break :mad:

1 hour ago, jonthefox said:

There wasn't much anger on here when we received a modest fine for breaking FFP . 

Good point, if any team in English football has done a similar thing to Man City regarding sponsorship it was us in the Championship with King Power (on a much smaller scale of course)

9 minutes ago, surrifox said:

This is mid July - my quiet time when I can relax , free from the inevitable torment and anguish that football inevitably brings - it would be great if it could just feck off and give me a break :mad:

Absolutely!  And it's possible that it may get dragged out for weeks and weeks, because we could potentially end up waiting for the outcome of Europa and the FA Cup before we know if we've got European football next year.  

Manchester City fan here, in peace.

Obviously pleased with the outcome at CAS. It couldn't really have had a reduced ban as a final outcome - if it could be proved that rules were broken, then a 2-year ban was fair. For not proven, a ban doesn't seem supportable. It looks like UEFA went for broke and went high, which inevitably sent the matter to CAS. It seems very lax of them to rely on something that is time-barred - that just seems stupid behaviour.

The UEFA financial body man LeTerme has made some interesting decisions, not least over PSG, so I assume he'll be gone fairly shortly. 

Now could you please make sure you finish in the top 4, preferably with Chelsea although that looks trickier.

• Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

image.thumb.png.7605b6c18da1d579a3eabe3247f1fa23.png

Breathtakingly arrogant. Our faults lie firmly at our door, but for the outcome to be as it is, whilst not surprising, just proves the playing field is never going to be level

Yep, all multi millionaires funded by a ethnically ****ed nation - bravo lads, ****ing bravo

• Like 1

Used to like Guardiola a few years back, but it seems the money he has at his disposal - the more, as others have said, the more arrogant he's become along with an annoying 'holier than thou' attitude.

Wouldn't be missed if he left English football, now.

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Used to like Guardiola a few years back, but it seems the money he has at his disposal - the more, as others have said, the more arrogant he's become along with an annoying 'holier than thou' attitude.

Wouldn't be missed if he left English football, now.

How smart would he be if he managed a club that didn't have billions of pounds?

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Jace said:

Good point, if any team in English football has done a similar thing to Man City regarding sponsorship it was us in the Championship with King Power (on a much smaller scale of course)

The scale is they key point. Was our sponsorship by king power above and beyond the commercial value of the sponsorship? No.

3 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

How smart would he be if he managed a club that didn't have billions of pounds?

Believe me, he'd still be pretty fuching smart.  He's a brilliant manager, don't kid yourself.

Football is dead. There is no point even watching anymore.
There is nothing to fight for, the whole footballing powers want the same sh*t each year so there’s no point of really watching when it’s all capped to what any club can really achieve.

The games a farce. You can’t tackle any more, you can’t be physical. Diving is rewarded, time wasting is rewarded, breaking financial rules is rewarded.

Its not football anymore, it’s a very bad business product and that’s ruined a once great game.

I honestly believe soon, at the start of each season, you could pick every position between 1 and 20 and know already due to finances.

In fact in 20-30 years I believe football will be dead completely and it will be a different game.

• Like 1