Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

Glad to see him taking a leaf out of the 2016 play book, worked pretty bloody well that year. Said himself that today's approach went against his instincts and even admitted that after 13 years it was the first time he'd really done that. Fair play to him.

Like @UpTheLeagueFox said, I don't see many better managers we could realistically have in charge here. Considering the way last season ended, he's done brilliantly to help the team bounce back the way it has.

Guest Ali Seyyah

Dear Leicester Fans,  I am a Turkish footbal fan. I am not a Leicester faithfull fan and probably I will not forever as much as you.. But I am looking at the Leicester team situation and my thoughts ;

-Team is playing bad at 1st half bad 2nd half is far much better

-Team has a strong and fast attack power

- They only need a better passes that this is missing at 1st half but better in 2nd half

- I think thisis because of the team is young and inexperienced 

-And I think this team will be much better if you be patient

-They need only your support to the team not to cut their beliefs. 

-Give them tolerance and send them your valueble thoughts how they should be better .

-It is not the time when the team is good-at least not bad you English says that- to change manager or to give bad morale on your players.

-Please do not forget your criticism is really valuable for the team -because English really have much better Football sight then most of many countries -but if you use this power  for the sake of the team and players on thinking them how should be better. Or you can use it to harm your team. 

- Believing people make miracles do not forget. 

Edited by Ali Seyyah

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This was what I was coming on here to say. Regardless of what Rodgers achieves or doesn't achieve with us in the future, the amount of times we have absolutely chinned the opposition 3, 4, 5, even 9 goals is astonishing. When we are good we are out of this world good. He deserves a lot of praise for that and really pleased he's got that first win vs a top 4 side and especially away from home and so convincingly. 

A big thing this season is converting the 0-0's from last year into victories. There's no doubt we'll smack a few teams (hopefully another big side into the bargain) but adding 6-8 points in tight games is vital.

He's still yet to win a league game 1-0 with us which is ridiculous. Hopefully Brendan's 3-goal wins will be like Nige's 2-0's, just a standard win. Plus, the further ahead you are in matches, the more energy you save later in games which is crucial throughout the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

If he somehow comes up with a way of beating Arsenal away from home in October he'll really have cracked it lol 

Was looking at the stats and apparently the 73/74 season was the last time lol 

We also have to go to Old Trafford this season and lay a glove on them, in my opinion they’re still muck and we can seriously get at them this time if we go about it in the right way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

If he somehow comes up with a way of beating Arsenal away from home in October he'll really have cracked it lol 

Was looking at the stats and apparently the 73/74 season was the last time lol 

I  thnk that is the last bogey team left . We never used to  win at West Ham or Man u but  have won  at both I think in the last 20 years 

4 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

I  thnk that is the last bogey team left . We never used to  win at West Ham or Man u but  have won  at both I think in the last 20 years 

The 3-1 under Puel haunts me.... Fan unrest, team capitulating and Vardy running off to have a massive shit leading to people thinking he'd walked off in protest at Puel lollollol 

57 minutes ago, Manini said:

We also have to go to Old Trafford this season and lay a glove on them, in my opinion they’re still muck and we can seriously get at them this time if we go about it in the right way. 

We never turn up at Old Trafford. I rekon players think "fvck me I'm at Old Trafford". Even in 15/16 we had a nervous start to the game.

I was so gutted last season not going at them more. Hope we do this season. We look so dangerous when we run at defenders and they don't like it. Maguire will sit so deep, mind.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

We never turn up at Old Trafford. I rekon players think "fvck me I'm at Old Trafford". Even in 15/16 we had a nervous start to the game.

I was so gutted last season not going at them more. Hope we do this season. We look so dangerous when we run at defenders and they don't like it. Maguire will sit so deep, mind.

Could be one of those games where you use Vardy as the decoy, creating the space. If Barnes has got over his mental block by the time we go there he could be a very important player for us there. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 12/07/2020 at 20:37, foxfanazer said:

I've seen enough. Not been able to stop the rot. Can't let it continue. Nice guy and when his tactics work it works well but has no other plan 

Revolutionary thinker! :whistle:lol

To be fair we did win the FA cup after this lol

Edited by foxfanazer

On 28/09/2020 at 05:58, Tielemans63 said:

Glad to see him taking a leaf out of the 2016 play book, worked pretty bloody well that year. Said himself that today's approach went against his instincts and even admitted that after 13 years it was the first time he'd really done that. Fair play to him.

Like @UpTheLeagueFox said, I don't see many better managers we could realistically have in charge here. Considering the way last season ended, he's done brilliantly to help the team bounce back the way it has.

Hope 😉👍

On 28/09/2020 at 02:48, Bossman Blessed It said:

Absolute masterstroke in fielding a dogshit 11 against Arsenal so we're one of the few teams to have a full week off before our next game. 

On a serious note, the rigidity and discipline of our performance reminded me of Mourinho's Inter Milan in the CL final - joyous. 

Mmm

On 12/07/2020 at 21:01, ttfn said:

As I’ve said elsewhere I don’t think he should be sacked. 

But if you can’t see that this is not one game - that it is the culmination of 7 months of failing to deal with emerging problems then I really despair. 

I always knew Rodgers wasn’t going to be here forever but I thought he’d at least have the best interests of the club at heart whilst here. That change today smacked of somebody desperate to prove how clever they are rather than win the game in front of them.

Superbly ahead of the curve.