Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I still think that’s the worst game I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe it happened? It was genuinely like a joke game. I’m trying to be positive and think that Utd are gonna lose and that shtshow will somehow inspire us to greatness in our final games. X 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Moving house today and this has put a right downer on it. Might just go and lock myself in my new bathroom and stare into the abyss for a bit. X 

It’s an exciting time!! Hope all goes well. :thumbup:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s an exciting time!! Hope all goes well. :thumbup:

Yeah we had a nightmare with the seller pulling out two days before the move then changing his mind so it was touch and go. Plus everything was on hold over Covid so it almost all went wrong but finally moving today. It’s a period properly so needs a wee bit of work but we cannae wait. We also have an 8th month old so I may well die over the next month or so. X 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah we had a nightmare with the seller pulling out two days before the move then changing his mind so it was touch and go. Plus everything was on hold over Covid so it almost all went wrong but finally moving today. It’s a period properly so needs a wee bit of work but we cannae wait. We also have an 8th month old so I may well die over the next month or so. X 

Nice new (old) house, young un - dying of happiness maybe :thumbup:

My lad finally gets to go back to school today, so he is happy too and that is what matters most

Bad result yesterday, good day today, and again, best of luck for the move

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I still think that’s the worst game I’ve ever seen. I can’t believe it happened? It was genuinely like a joke game. I’m trying to be positive and think that Utd are gonna lose and that shtshow will somehow inspire us to greatness in our final games. X 

There's no hope now, realistically. Wes and/or Bennett chasing around Son, Rushford, Greenwood, Sheffield Utd's relentless forwards. In a way it's helping me know it's gone. The hope was a killer when  clearly our heads have fallen off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Nice new (old) house, young un - dying of happiness maybe :thumbup:

My lad finally gets to go back to school today, so he is happy too and that is what matters most

Bad result yesterday, good day today, and again, best of luck for the move

Yeah, life is good.  Well we live in Scotland and my partner is Scottish so the wee one is going to have the misfortune of supporting Leicester and Scotland. A life of hardship and heartache awaits for her haha. X 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Feels like post Vicarage Road 2013, but that time we went back there 3 months later, won, and stormed to promotion. It helped heal the worst feeling.

 

Somehow I can't see us going back to Bournemouth next season, thrashing them and getting too 4.

 

This will linger for a good long time and like someone said yesterday, could almost have Wycombe like repercussions...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we’re all waking up this morning with that stomach-churning “oh no, that really did happen” feeling.

 

I’ve felt worse before when we have lost playoff matches, conceded last-minute goals or been desperately unlucky. But I can’t recall ever feeling so angry and embarrassed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Sheff utd is no easy game, I think we could quite easily lose rest of our games now, confidence will be shot, we lost a key defender, nacho may be questioning loyalties to manager as well, spurs is the only game I can see us getting a point or more.

I was referring to a back two of Evans and Bennett/wes coping with the opposition forwards 

 

3 hours ago, onekeithweller said:

Just watched Brendan Rodgers post match interview, shocking display from him kicking Iheanacho in the nuts, trying to justify poor tactical changes and "Nothing to do with me" attitude. I think he needs to fess up tomorrow and accept his share of culpability for this shambolic embarrassment. I doubt that Top will be enamoured with his ' leadership' or rather lack of. 

I'm not excusing the players but the ones that have spoken have at least owned their mistakes.

This is brendan...... you either embrace it or you’ve got problems.  Brendan isn’t going to change ..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It really isn't that ridiculous. We're 4th (well 5th when Man Utd are given another win later) from a position of being comfortably 2nd in January. Consider we've just had a big break and if anything our problems appear to have gotten bigger rather than gone the other way.

 

You say we have a thin squad - how do you think we're going to cope next season when we've got trips to Serbia and Belarus to contend with?

 

The mentality of the team is also a huge worry and that starts with the manager. He proved it tonight with his cowardice.

 

It isn't irrecoverable but things are a lot worse than the league table makes it look. If we have a bad summer, make no mistake, we are a dark horse to drop next year.

I still think everyone is over reacting.

 

If we hadn't lost Ricardo, Madders and Chilly in quick succession, we'd still be comfortably in Champs league spots.

 

Players like them, especially Ricardo, change games when we need some flare.

 

There is no doubt we need to spend in the summer to give us better quality in depth, but we knew that already didn't we?

 

Most of us have said all season we are an injury away from struggling, and unfortunately we've had 3 to the 3 most important players in the squad.

 

Quite frankly we've completely burnt out from playing well above what you would say our standard is...

 

It's frustrating and disappointing that we may miss out on champs league, but under the circumstances and the events of this year, it's not the end of the world.

 

Europa was this year's target at the start. It'll be job done and time to build for next year's Champions League push if we do end up out of the top 4...

 

Edited by Foxhateram
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

I still think everyone is over reacting.

 

If we hadn't lost Ricardo, Madders and Chilly in quick succession, we'd still be comfortably in Champs league spots.

 

Players like them, especially Ricardo, change games when we need some flare.

 

There is no doubt we need to spend in the summer to give us better quality in depth, but we knew that already didn't we?

 

Most of us have said all season we are an injury away from struggling, and unfortunately we've had 3 to the 3 most important players in the squad.

 

Quite frankly we've completely burnt out from playing well above what you would say our standard is...

 

It's frustrating and disappointing that we may miss out on champs league, but under the circumstances and the events of this year, it's not the end of the world.

 

Europa was this year's target at the start. It'll be job done and time to build for next year's Champions League push.

 

Not sure about this. Us finishing in the champions league spaces would encourage a better range of players to come to us / stay with us. Let's face it Europa league is a bit of a joke and probably more a distraction if you really want to push for CL. If we are in Europa next season we won't finish anywhere near CL due to the extra games etc. I think you miss the point about the "over" reaction. It's not that people are pissed off about us being possibly in Europa, it's the downwards spiral we are currently in. If we were fighting for a europa league spot most of the season, ofcourse we'd be over the moon if we got it. Seeing as we've been in the top 4 for 90% of the season, that's where the frustration would come in if we ended up being outside the top 4 (or certainly outside the CL spots) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brooksy said:

What makes the substitution even more baffling is that it took him 70 minutes to make a change against Brighton a couple of weeks ago. We didn't have a shot on target in that game

This is exactly what I was thinking ! The amount of times over the season he's waited until at least the 70th minute to make a change . 

Can't recall many games over the years where a manager makes a change at half time whilst the team are on top.

Edited by los dedos
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

I still think everyone is over reacting.

 

If we hadn't lost Ricardo, Madders and Chilly in quick succession, we'd still be comfortably in Champs league spots.

 

Players like them, especially Ricardo, change games when we need some flare.

 

There is no doubt we need to spend in the summer to give us better quality in depth, but we knew that already didn't we?

 

Most of us have said all season we are an injury away from struggling, and unfortunately we've had 3 to the 3 most important players in the squad.

 

Quite frankly we've completely burnt out from playing well above what you would say our standard is...

 

It's frustrating and disappointing that we may miss out on champs league, but under the circumstances and the events of this year, it's not the end of the world.

 

Europa was this year's target at the start. It'll be job done and time to build for next year's Champions League push.

 

So the thin squad argument  is correct then? 
Brendan couldn’t cope with a massive squad of egos- his own huge small man syndrome complex wouldn’t allow it. 
 

There have been many folk over recent times suggesting BR is not the Manager you need when the going is tough and I suspect we’ll find that out soon enough. 
 

That defensive mindset yesterday with Albrighton’s replacement in Bennett and then Denis for Nacho was nothing short of criminal given the enormity of the rewards of finishing 4th would bring. 
 

Brendan’s anxiety issues wouldn’t be able to deal with being the whipping boys of Europe so he stopped that happening last night in successive substitutions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

So the thin squad argument  is correct then? 
Brendan couldn’t cope with a massive squad of egos- his own huge small man syndrome complex wouldn’t allow it. 
 

There have been many folk over recent times suggesting BR is not the Manager you need when the going is tough and I suspect we’ll find that out soon enough. 
 

That defensive mindset yesterday with Albrighton’s replacement in Bennett and then Denis for Nacho was nothing short of criminal given the enormity of the rewards of finishing 4th would bring. 
 

Brendan’s anxiety issues wouldn’t be able to deal with being the whipping boys of Europe so he stopped that happening last night in successive substitutions. 

Albrighton for Bennett to be fair was the only sub he could make. Maintained our shape pretty well, even though I don't think Bennett is anywhere near good enough.

The Iheanacho substitution though was baffling at the time and even more so now we know it was tactical.

 

He definitely overthinks things. We absolutely controlled the first half and we were winning. Why change anything? That's what I don't understand. So many times we have gone into HT drawing or losing, and we don't make substitutions, why now?

If we were losing and he made a sub at half time and we still ended up losing, then okay maybe it's not our night. But we were in absolute control. :dunno:

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, los dedos said:

This is exactly what I was thinking ! The amount of times over the season he's waited until at least the 70th minute to make a change . 

Can't recall many games over the years where a manager makes a change at half time whilst the team are on top.

He clearly thought the game was won. 
That is either incredibly blasé or incredibly naive- neither of which are traits you’d expect of a PL standard Manager.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Albrighton for Bennett to be fair was the only sub he could make. Maintained our shape pretty well, even though I don't think Bennett is anywhere near good enough.

The Iheanacho substitution though was baffling at the time and even more so now we know it was tactical.

 

He definitely overthinks things. We absolutely controlled the first half and we were winning. Why change anything? That's what I don't understand. So many times we have gone into HT drawing or losing, and we don't make substitutions, why now?

If we were losing and he made a sub at half time and we still ended up losing, then okay maybe it's not our night. But we were in absolute control. :dunno:

I’m not sure. An attacking player for attacking player whilst you’re  on top- particularly when you have 5 options to pick from! 

Edited by Ceirboy
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ceirboy said:

I’m not sure. An attacking player for attacking player whilst you’re  on top- particularly when you have 5 options to pick from! 

Albrighton was a wing back at the time, right? He just shifted Justin to wingback (who was playing CB for some reason?) and moved Bennett to CB.

Just shows the state we're in when we have to take off our makeshift wing back to move our full back (who was playing centre back) to full back, and bring on our bomb-scare loanee centre back.

 

Incredible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Even at the time of making that extra defensive change at half time Rodgers had a back 5  consisting of players who’d all played centre back in his time at the club. It’s the sort of thing we’d laugh at Tony Pulis for doing.

 

Not his fault with injuries etc but it’s hardly like we were gung ho before the change.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beechey said:

Albrighton was a wing back at the time, right? He just shifted Justin to wingback (who was playing CB for some reason?) and moved Bennett to CB.

Just shows the state we're in when we have to take off our makeshift wing back to move our full back (who was playing centre back) to full back, and bring on our bomb-scare loanee centre back.

 

Incredible.

When you read it like that, then yes, utterly bizarre all round. 
Ryan must have said he likes Brendans little blue suits and ridiculously Essex teeth. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a lot to read throughout the number of posts and threads from last nights game. 

Obviously there's a wide spread opinion ranging from the extreme to errrr...well even more extreme.

It all leads to the same place though, and any description I could write of the second half seems a waste of time.

Best to leave it there, it happened and it's now gone. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...