Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Luke55

Ayoze Perez

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Battered an in form Leeds, a decent Arsenal side for the first time in 50 years, a solid Wolves side that we previously struggled against and put a very good Braga team to the sword. Not to mention destroying Man City 5-2 on their home patch, isn't that the most goals a Pep home side has ever conceded?.

It depends  how youlook at it.Arsenal and Leeds  both poor  Wolves got hammered 4-0 by West Ham  Man c  well below par and Burnley and WBA    relegation candinates. I must admit to  be shocked at our Arsenalwin as we never win there   even when we won the league. Europe is another matter we did well in the Champions league when doing badly under Ranieri   If you thinkour performance against Liverpool was acceptable great  but I thinkI  am being realistic although when back  to full strength  your confidence may not be misplaced

I actually quite like Perez. He is good with his feet especially around the penalty area. Good to use him against teams that don’t give us much space and where we need to build up slowly, as he has that sudden acceleration and quick feet to get around defenders required for that final shot or pass.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, foxaholic said:

It depends  how youlook at it.Arsenal and Leeds  both poor  Wolves got hammered 4-0 by West Ham  Man c  well below par and Burnley and WBA    relegation candinates. I must admit to  be shocked at our Arsenalwin as we never win there   even when we won the league. Europe is another matter we did well in the Champions league when doing badly under Ranieri   If you thinkour performance against Liverpool was acceptable great  but I thinkI  am being realistic although when back  to full strength  your confidence may not be misplaced

It’s very easy to put a negative spin on things isn’t it, just like you’re doing now. Leeds battered us for half of the game. Arsenal could’ve been 4-0 up at half time. Man City looked below par because  of how we controlled the game. Wolves got hammered by West Ham, but so did we? We’ve struggled to do anything against Wolves apart from their first away game back in the Prem. Man United struggled like hell against WBA, where was we battered them. 

There’s not been one game this season where the outcome of the game hasn’t reflected the performance. 

On 21/11/2020 at 20:51, Trendy fox said:

Perez is a good player but he’s being played out of position all the time. Look at his record At Newcastle. He was top scorer there. He’s a bit like Okazaki. He’s Good player but not clicking in. 

He scored his highest number of goals for them playing from the right. Same position, we just play differently. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, foxaholic said:

Liverpool got spanked 7-2 by Villa, United got spanked by Spurs. It's a weird season where anyone can beat anyone. I wouldn't make a judgement on our season just by the Liverpool game, or even the West Ham and Villa games. Also cant say we will have an amazing season because we spanked Man City. It's too early to say and alot may depend on how we cope with the fixture congestion over xmas. We had a pretty bad run over xmas last year. Remember we have had a patched up team all season with no Ricardo or Ndidi plus Castagne, Soyuncu, Evans, Praet, Maddison all missing varying amounts of games. If we get to a point where we are close to full strength, I'm sure Brendan will be much happier and we can really start to judge the progress we have made. 

I still maintain Perez is a very clever player with good technical ability and he opens spaces up for our other players. 
I also think we look better when he’s in or around the first team.

I always watch what he tends to do OFF the ball. His reading of the game is excellent.

I think he’s a good squad player who will always do a job for us when he plays.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, foxaholic said:

You could use that logic for any team this season. For example, you could say top of the table Spurs are struggling because:

- They drew against a crap Newcastle side

- They only beat Man U 6-1 away as Man U were shite / struggling in that game

- They blew a 3 goal lead against West Ham showing they have a weak mentality 

- They've only beaten a host of lower league sides by a single goal therefore showing no killer instinct 

- They got embarrassed 1 nil by Antwerp in the Europa League

-  They only won by scoring goals on the counter attack against Man City as opposed to playing them off the play Barca 2010 style

Remember as a kid going to the big city once a year to watch my favorite baseball team. The Yankees. Staring out at that beautiful pristine green field surrounded by blue and white. The magic of watching those players warm up before the game. Making look graceful what I would practice day after day trying to perfect.

At that time (70's) there were probably 750 players in the "big show" out of millions of kids like me. When I think about football that number has to be in the hundreds of millions.  I'm always trying to never take for granted the skills of others around me. Anybody who makes it to this level of the game is truly blessed and extremely talented. How fortunate I am to be able to witness their gift.

6 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Remember as a kid going to the big city once a year to watch my favorite baseball team. The Yankees. Staring out at that beautiful pristine green field surrounded by blue and white. The magic of watching those players warm up before the game. Making look graceful what I would practice day after day trying to perfect.

At that time (70's) there were probably 750 players in the "big show" out of millions of kids like me. When I think about football that number has to be in the hundreds of millions.  I'm always trying to never take for granted the skills of others around me. Anybody who makes it to this level of the game is truly blessed and extremely talented. How fortunate I am to be able to witness their gift.

You never witnessed Junior Lewis' gifts, did you?

On 22/11/2020 at 00:04, SO1 said:

I had a feeling about him when he was announced and I do expect it to work out for him here.

This is a very intimidating and competitive squad to play in. Just keeps on getting faster and better. Players improving all the time every match. Ultimately he has to produce what's expected or the squad will pass him by. And that goes for all of our players. No room for space takers in a club competing at the top of the league. Ayoze needs to be ruthless now, just like this club.

...I really do not think there is much that he can do, to retain a place in the first eleven!!!

He is not suited or at least, has not the option to shine in the position we choose to play him in, all he can effectively contribute is workrate. Playing him as second striker will allow him to produce the  opportunity for goals and assists that so far has and will continue to elude him, but that is not a frequent formation we play.

We just have to admit we got it wrong, what the scouts envisaged he could be turned into has not materialised and at present, squad depth is what he brings, with his closing down and winning back the ball in attacking positions within the oppositions half..