Jump to content
Black

Newcastle in for Iheanacho

Recommended Posts

I think the games he got subbed were bad tactical decisions, but no player shouldn't have any right to consistent run of games, and I dont know why been subbed would affect confidence either.

 

However it will be interesting to see if he is happy here, or will take a chance at another club, given how he has improved and we tend to play better with him on the pitch, I would like to keep him.

Edited by Chrysalis
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

I think the games he got subbed were bad tactical decisions, but no player should have any right to consistent run of games, and I dont know why been subbed would affect confidence either.

 

However it will be interesting to see if he is happyhere, or will take a chance at another club, given how he has improved and we tend to play better with him on the pitch, I would like to keep him.

Don t forget some of any of the substitutions, right or wrong perspective are only opinions...

 

I want him to stay,I would like to see him make it difficult for Rodgers to Pull him. No matter if this season he has improved,he has to get better and must

Score more Goals...He ans Coaching team must Target 16+ goals...Plus goals then our European exp!oits...!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

If we got Edouard and lost Nacho with a net spend of around £10m i wouldnt be too disappointed. 

 

Credit to him for how he improved, but we've had half a reasonable season out of him at best. 

 

People can blame Rodgers for mismanaging him if they like, but i think Nacho lacks a little bit of dynamism /spark in his game. Technically adept and a good finisher but just lacks that bit extra imo. If Rodgers doesnt fancy him, best to cash in whilst his stock is reasonably high. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think edouard is the complete upgrade over iheanacho that people think he is. He shares the same problem of nacho of not making runs into space like a striker like vardy would, both of them need the ball at their feet to score goals. I think nacho is getting better at making runs like this whereas if we buy edouard we have to start at ground zero again. I also doubt that edouard can play through balls like nacho can, i think if nacho plays a full season his ability to drop deep and play line splitting passes to our wingers will be very useful.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

If I was him i'd consider moving on, which would be a pity for us.

Would tend to agree.
 

What is he going to do if he stays here?

  1. wait for Vardy to retire?
  2. change his physical characteristics?
  3. buy Brendan some flowers?

Seriously, he seems a lovely fella, so he should go and be the main man somewhere.

(I think he could with faith and a run of games)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be silly to sell him for the right money? I don't think so. 

 

As I said in another thread, he does miss a fair few chances. He is obviously a good finisher but always lacks something for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How many back up strikers have an output as good as Iheanacho? 

He's proven he can score goals for us, why sell him and get another striker who will be second choice to Vardy anyway?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Would it be silly to sell him for the right money? I don't think so. 

 

As I said in another thread, he does miss a fair few chances. He is obviously a good finisher but always lacks something for me.

I don't think he misses many chances at all, look at the other players, Madison, Tielemans, Barnes even Vardy have all been wasteful. Iheanacho's finishing has been great this season, He's young and improving. Do you think we would get a better proven premier league striker?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, matty98 said:

How many back up strikers have an output as good as Iheanacho? 

He's proven he can score goals for us, why sell him and get another striker who will be second choice to Vardy anyway?

In my opinion he's better than a lot of Premier league teams first choice strikers. Not only that but his link up play has been really good lately.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I don't think he misses many chances at all, look at the other players, Madison, Tielemans, Barnes even Vardy have all been wasteful. Iheanacho's finishing has been great this season, He's young and improving. Do you think we would get a better proven premier league striker?

For £25m? Maybe, maybe not. I don't like looking in the PL though because it's way overpriced.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would tend to agree.
 

What is he going to do if he stays here?

  1. wait for Vardy to retire?
  2. change his physical characteristics?
  3. buy Brendan some flowers?

Seriously, he seems a lovely fella, so he should go and be the main man somewhere.

(I think he could with faith and a run of games)

 

He is getting to the age where he really needs regular starts, imho. At least, by restoring his reputation, he now has value. That's much better for all parties.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We should have started him more last season, rested Vardy and bought him on later in games if needed, like in the home Villa game before lockdown,  Iheanacho does seem to link play up better and doesn't get as isolated as Vardy. Could easily see him get 20+ goals in a season playing more. The comments about selling him reminds me of the time people on here wanted to sell Vardy to West Brom for 3 million, some where going to drive him there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He can’t be happy. Seems that whatever the state of any game, score, how we’re playing etc, he gets hauled off after an hour if he’s started ( Bournemouth at HT ). 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...