Jump to content
Lambert09

Rank how you felt (WORST 5)

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:
  1. Stoke 0-0 (Relegated to league 1)
  2.  Yesterday
  3. Watford Playoffs
  4. Cardiff Playoffs
  5. Portsmouth 6-1 *The humiliation of this being on tv just about made it worse than the villa game. 

 

This is about personally how you felt after a game, which game has most affected you. I sulk about almost every game we lose but these ones were the ones I couldnt shake off. Im too young to remember some of the earlier heartbreaks well enough. 

 

 


 

1) Stoke ‘08
2) Watford ‘13
3) Bournemouth ‘20

4) Cardiff ‘10

5) Portsmouth ‘10

 

That’s in terms of how I felt at the time, from the best I remember. 
 

However, both play offs I was angry at the situation, not the team. Even Stoke ‘08 we went down fighting. Portsmouth was embarrassing but in the scheme of things, especially on that list, was unimportant. 
 

Last night what totally separated it from the rest was the pathetic capitulation and complete spinelessness in an important game. I’m still living in hope of a fight back, but I was still angry this morning not of the result but directly at the team. Maybe it was the years under Pearson that moulded this view but no matter the result it’s the fight shown that really matters, and that makes last night not necessarily worse in terms of feelings but it’s certainly a lot more bitter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

That was the worst period in our history. We were so bad with no hope and no chance.

However yesterday was the most awful 2 minutes and most costly in our history.

2004-08, each individual game meant nothing, yesterday will cost us millions of pounds and end our project before it’s started!

Utd dropping points today has made it even worse for me, we’d be in a great spot now if we had just a few more points...it feels like an absolute waste.

Yesterday was one of the worst 20 mins I'd ever witnessed but it was bizarre. We hadn't played that badly up till that point and then one mistake and it all unraveled.

 

There's so many ifs and maybes in football, so I don't look at yesterday's performance in isolation. There's so many other games this season where we've gained points where we maybe didn't deserve to and lost points we shouldn't have. Therefore, we will end up where we deserve at the end of the season and if that is fifth then so be it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

good topic....

1. Knockers and Deeney 12 seconds of ******** 

2. Wycombe winner in FA Cup QF 2001

3. Stoke and relegation to Div 1,

4. Bournemouth 4-1 yesterday !!! 

5. Swindon 4-3 playoff final 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

That was the worst period in our history. We were so bad with no hope and no chance.

However yesterday was the most awful 2 minutes and most costly in our history.

2004-08, each individual game meant nothing, yesterday will cost us millions of pounds and end our project before it’s started!

Utd dropping points today has made it even worse for me, we’d be in a great spot now if we had just a few more points...it feels like an absolute waste.

87-91 was pretty dire crowds of 8000 and the only "glory" escaping relegation on the last day of the season 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I might have missed it but no one has said 0-5 to a newly promotion Bolton in 2001 on the opening day of the season?

 

That would make my worst 5, you knew that was going to be long, long season and the middle of the end.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, shailen said:

Yesterday was one of the worst 20 mins I'd ever witnessed but it was bizarre. We hadn't played that badly up till that point and then one mistake and it all unraveled.

 

There's so many ifs and maybes in football, so I don't look at yesterday's performance in isolation. There's so many other games this season where we've gained points where we maybe didn't deserve to and lost points we shouldn't have. Therefore, we will end up where we deserve at the end of the season and if that is fifth then so be it. 

I don’t completely agree with the idea that you always deserve where you end up.

If were not good enough, fair enough. But we have thrown away countless opportunities due to pure stupidly rather than lack of quality so there’s no doubt if we don’t get top 4 we would of we’ll and truly thrown it away.

 

We were so far in control yesterday, it was embarrassing. There is absolutely no way we should draw that , let alone lose!

In fact I’d think if any team in the Premier league, even Norwich, were given 0-1 vs Bournemouth in that situation, I’d expect them to win. I mean Bournemouth’s record behind at half time was 0 wins 1 draw 15 losses!

Its absolutely inexplicable what happened and that 45 mins has cost us CL football, millions of pounds and probably half our squad!

That is why it is the worst 2 minutes in our entire history!

Edited by deanolegend1989
Link to post
Share on other sites

5. 1-5 Forest

4. Every ****ing game we threw away under Micky Adams (3-3 Boro and 3-4 Wolves being the worst)

3. Cardiff Play off shootout

2. Deeney

1. Relegation to League One (bringing on Ashley Chambers with 90 seconds left just to make me lose whatever i had left)

Edited by Gamble92
,
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I don’t completely agree with the idea that you always deserve where you end up.

If were not good enough, fair enough. But we have thrown away countless opportunities due to pure stupidly rather than lack of quality so there’s no doubt if we don’t get top 4 we would of we’ll and truly thrown it away.

 

We were so far in control yesterday, it was embarrassing. There is absolutely no way we should draw that , let alone lose!

In fact I’d think if any team in the a Premier league, even Norwich, were given 0-1 vs Bournemouth in that situation, I’d expect them to win. I mean Bournemouth’s record behind at half time was 0 wins 1 draw 15 losses!

Its absolutely inexplicable what happened and that 45 mins has cost us CL football, millions of pounds and probably half our squad!

That is why it is the worst 2 minutes in our entire history!

Well I could agree with you in cup competitions that you might get a lucky draw and get a one off result against a top team, but over a league season you finish where you deserve to finish. And if we've thrown away countless opportunities, other teams have thrown away those opportunities to capitalise but quite frankly they haven't and that is why we've still not been cut adrift and are well in the race. 

 

I agree with your analysis of yesterday's performance as a stand alone performance it was bad, and literally came from nowhere. But don't think it's that performance that may cost us champions league football, there's plenty of other reasons which will have cost us throughout the season, albeit yesterday was one of the worst this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I might have missed it but no one has said 0-5 to a newly promotion Bolton in 2001 on the opening day of the season?

 

That would make my worst 5, you knew that was going to be long, long season and the middle of the end.

 

Crikey. If we thought yesterday was bad. 

 

 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, enmac said:

Crikey. If we thought yesterday was bad. 

 

 

That was even worse than i remembered. Savage just used to actually give up when he was ready to move on at clubs. He is pathetic in most of them goals. And Tim Flowers manages to look like he's playing in a charity match at the age of 76

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I definitely felt worse in 2010 than I did after Deeney's goal in 2013. We'd been atrocious for months and scraped into the play-offs by the skin of our teeth, Watford were a better side and hammered us in the second leg - Knockaert cheated and we got what we deserved.

 

2010 though, that group (shame about Wayne Brown) was an absolute joy to support and invest in, and it was heartbreaking to see a season of hard ****ing graft arrogantly dicked away by someone who'd barely played a part in it, especially given how we performed on the night too.

 

I was angry after Newport but by that time my interest in Claude Puel's Leicester City had about evaporated so it didn't quite stick with me the same way 2010 did.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I might have missed it but no one has said 0-5 to a newly promotion Bolton in 2001 on the opening day of the season?

 

That would make my worst 5, you knew that was going to be long, long season and the middle of the end.

 

Taylor said before the season that we were better than everyone outside the top five

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, shailen said:

Well I could agree with you in cup competitions that you might get a lucky draw and get a one off result against a top team, but over a league season you finish where you deserve to finish. And if we've thrown away countless opportunities, other teams have thrown away those opportunities to capitalise but quite frankly they haven't and that is why we've still not been cut adrift and are well in the race. 

 

I agree with your analysis of yesterday's performance as a stand alone performance it was bad, and literally came from nowhere. But don't think it's that performance that may cost us champions league football, there's plenty of other reasons which will have cost us throughout the season, albeit yesterday was one of the worst this season. 

Technically your right due to results. In 15/16 nearly everyone said how we ‘fluked’ it but I insisted how you can fluke a cup but not a league.

However, we have lost so many points by being stupid.

 I don’t believe if we finish 5th this season that from what I’ve seen of us, Chelsea and Utd Over the season that it where we deserve. I’d say we have been better than Chelsea in general and Chelsea have shown signs of being totally outclassed more than us.

Utd now are far better than us, but they were so bad for months!!

Playing 2 DMs at home to Brighton, playing Utd at OT earlier in season , Maddison on wing. Let’s not get into yesterday with BR and the nature we chucked the game.

Overall if we finished 5th, some will say ‘we’re not good enough or we deserve it’ and some will say ‘we through it away’. For me we have thrown it a great chance because Utd were awful for most of the season and Chelsea have struggled with inconsistency all year and clearly ain’t good enough.

I see it as Utd were awful but now good signings and youth has given them

the best team.

We were the best team but a lack of confidence , guts, bottle, poor management and stupidly has cost us,

Chelsea of the 3 of us are the worst team but have stayed consistent to their level, which is very average.

We have thrown away games but only been outclassed by 2 top teams. Chelsea got outclassed by Sheffield Utd.

We are better than Chelsea on ability and quality and if we had any sense of bottle then we would of had it locked already!

If we were out played by Bournemouth then fair enough but I cannot accept the way we lost Is a lack of ability

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Technically your right due to results. In 15/16 nearly everyone said how we ‘fluked’ it but I insisted how you can fluke a cup but not a league.

However, we have lost so many points by being stupid.

 I don’t believe if we finish 5th this season that from what I’ve seen of us, Chelsea and Utd Over the season that it where we deserve. I’d say we have been better than Chelsea in general and Chelsea have shown signs of being totally outclassed more than us.

Utd now are far better than us, but they were so bad for months!!

Playing 2 DMs at home to Brighton, playing Utd at OT earlier in season , Maddison on wing. Let’s not get into yesterday with BR and the nature we chucked the game.

Overall if we finished 5th, some will say ‘we’re not good enough or we deserve it’ and some will say ‘we through it away’. For me we have thrown it a great chance because Utd were awful for most of the season and Chelsea have struggled with inconsistency all year and clearly ain’t good enough.

I see it as Utd were awful but now good signings and youth has given them

the best team.

We were the best team but a lack of confidence , guts, bottle, poor management and stupidly has cost us,

Chelsea of the 3 of us are the worst team but have stayed consistent to their level, which is very average.

We have thrown away games but only been outclassed by 2 top teams. Chelsea got outclassed by Sheffield Utd.

We are better than Chelsea on ability and quality and if we had any sense of bottle then we would of had it locked already!

If we were out played by Bournemouth then fair enough but I cannot accept the way we lost Is a lack of ability

I take your point, and this goes back to another debate I was having with you on how good this team can be. I've seen us play some of the best football I've seen a Leicester side play this season in the early part of this season. But you can argue that whilst we've been shocking recently, United have been on a terrific run and really have the momentum going into the final stretch. But neither us, Chelsea nor United have been consistent enough over the season to be clear of the other. You can argue Chelsea have probably been the most consistent but in an unspectacular way!

 

I will feel that if we finish 4th we deserve it and if we don't we don't deserve it. The game is fine margins anyway so they'll never be huge differences in the teams fighting for CL qualification and Europa league. It's really now a test to see which team has the most bottle like you say and the mental strength as we've all gone through recent setbacks in this gameweek. Whoever holds their nerve and delivers will get CL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday was the first time I've felt real anger against the players wearing the shirt of my club. They were pathetic. The situation and what was at stake made it so much worse.

 

We've played much worse than that over the years but it's with teams that didn't have any decent players for example when josh low or momo sylla were running down the wings so u can get over it.

 

This team is a talented group of players and yesterday was embarrassing for what they should be showing.

 

In saying that losing to villa in the semis was pathetic too

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stoke relegation

Bournemouth 4-1 Leicester

Cardiff Kermorgant

Watford Knockaert

Portsmouth 6-1 Leicester

 

I think when you add all the context to that Bournemouth game that's probably the single most embarrassing collapse I've seen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think the Bournemouth one would be in my top 5(bottom 5)it’s just raw. And Portsmouth I forgot that even happened.

 

1. Stoke being there and watching them celebrate too.

2. Swindon play off (if ever a game summed up being a city fan)

3. spurs cup final

4. Wycombe game cup

5. Watford not the playoffs but the year we went to league 1, lost 1-0 with Watford down to 10 men. The game where Holloway said “chill out and have a sandwich”

 

best thing other than the Wycombe fa cup game, we have usually bounced back and come back stronger.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lambert09 said:
  1. Stoke 0-0 (Relegated to league 1)
  2.  Yesterday
  3. Watford Playoffs
  4. Cardiff Playoffs
  5. Portsmouth 6-1 *The humiliation of this being on tv just about made it worse than the villa game. 

 

This is about personally how you felt after a game, which game has most affected you. I sulk about almost every game we lose but these ones were the ones I couldnt shake off. Im too young to remember some of the earlier heartbreaks well enough. 

 

 

Nobody has mentioned 1981 82 season with our promotion hopes on a knife edge Norwich came to town and thrashed us 4 -1. This was the day of the streaker who invaded the pitch took a shot at goal from 2 yards out and missed! Summed the day up really.😁. The 130 mile journey home in my beat up morris minor was the worst after that. Star for Norwich that day was one Martin ONeil. 

Edited by wokinghamfox
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...