4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Thoughts on his performance last night? Defensively sound, going forward wasn't as standout as previous but pleased to see him positional being a bit better against a capable Arsenal midfield and attack. Will be a useful squad player for EL and the PL when the games come thick and fast.

He takes up some interesting positions in the final third, quite often he ended up in quite a narrow position. With his passing ability it could be fruitful 

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Thoughts on his performance last night? Defensively sound, going forward wasn't as standout as previous but pleased to see him positional being a bit better against a capable Arsenal midfield and attack. Will be a useful squad player for EL and the PL when the games come thick and fast.

Can see him developing into a Fuchs esque type of fullback. Defensively solid but also intelligent when going forward. 

As he gains more experience I think we’ll have a well balanced fullback on our hands, similar to Fuchs in his prime.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

One thing I like about him that may have gone unnoticed is that although he's still got quite a bit of physical development to go he's actually quite robust and determined and it's a struggle to knock him off the ball. There were a couple of senior players who could have taken a leaf out his book in that regard the other night. In football a lot of the time it's not about inherent strength but determination.

Haha, Mr Maddison being the main culprit. I don't think I've seen a player lose so much possession for diving before, it's embarassing.

On Thomas, he still looks a proper player. He'll slip right into the team when needed no problem.

• Like 2

Got done by the one-two a couple of times but most full backs do these days. Wasn't really tested by the long ball as it isn't Arsenal's style. I thought he was solid enough and has got the makings of really good player. difficult decision as to what to do with him this season, we have Fuchs as back up so I'd be considering loaning him out with a recall option if required.