Jump to content
lcfcfoz

Tottenham Hotspur Away

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Liverpool on Trophy day though, cant see Klopp accepting a loss there. If Liverpool turn up Chelsea have no chance. It would be a huge non event if they lose. Wolves they may scrap a point.

 

They look garbage without Kante Imo. 

Would love to smash spuds with a complete performance again. Would be amazing.

If we can get not only a win but a good win v Spurs everyone goes in confident for the Man utd game, concentrating on Chelsea's results is the same sort of mindset that Rogers had at half time v Bournemouth, he's realised that was an error, while we have to be aware of both Spurs and Man utd's good attacking threat, both of them have weaknesses at the back, an in top form, 2 more wins is possible.

Edited by Beachyboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

If we can get not only a win but a good win v Spurs everyone goes in confident for the Man utd game, concentrating on Chelsea's results is the same sort of mindset that Rogers had at half time v Bournemouth, he's realised that was an error, while we have to be aware of both Spurs and Man utd's good attacking threat, both of them have weaknesses at the back, an in top form, 2 more wins is possible.

This is it. We just need to perform.

 

If we play to the top of our game we can beat anyone. But we have to be on it, as likewise we can lose to anyone if our performance levels are low.

 

The best way to stop the opposition is to not give them time on the ball or let them  gain any passing rhythm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

This is it. We just need to perform.

 

If we play to the top of our game we can beat anyone. But we have to be on it, as likewise we can lose to anyone if our performance levels are low.

 

The best way to stop the opposition is to not give them time on the ball or let them  gain any passing rhythm.

That's why I now feel really optimistic, the basics of winning 50/50 tackles, showing desire, upping the tempo when in the final third, strong defending was evident against Sheff Utd, an against Spurs and Man utd, i'd expect to see an older school Leicester of slightly more counter attacking, the possession stats for LCFC in the next 2 games will be between 45%-55%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The general consensus from almost everyone bar Leicester fans is that they think the Yids are going to run away with it. I am quietly, (maybe naively) confident about tomorrow. I think if we play 3 ATB again we can easily deal with Kane down the middle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got absolutely no idea which way this could go.

 

No result leaves us out of it by the final day, so it's not a must win game. I think that might be the message the players need - go out and play your natural game, don't worry about the result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I've got absolutely no idea which way this could go.

 

No result leaves us out of it by the final day, so it's not a must win game. I think that might be the message the players need - go out and play your natural game, don't worry about the result.

However, they need to absolutely worry about the result!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LCFCJ said:

The general consensus from almost everyone bar Leicester fans is that they think the Yids are going to run away with it. I am quietly, (maybe naively) confident about tomorrow. I think if we play 3 ATB again we can easily deal with Kane down the middle. 

the pace of son and moura will destroy morgan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really interested to see how Jose approaches this game

 

will he be defensive minded  (his natural position) 

 

or will he look at Thomas and Morgan/Bennett and see possible weaknesses he can target if he goes on the front foot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: Madders is not injured... no one has seen him since he stumbled across that backpack stall on Leicester market.  He’s insisting on trying them all on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spurs have become a proper smash and grab team, their xG against Newcastle left a little to be desired when looking at the end result (especially considering before their 3rd goal, their xG was 0.82), but what really is surprising is just how many shots Spurs allowed Newcastle to have inside their box.

The indication being that Spurs don't create much at all, but generally score their high chance shots. I hope we can be more clinical than Newcastle were.

Screenshot 2020-07-18 at 14.24.54.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kane nearly always scores against us so don't expect anything different. 

 

Did he have a bad experience during his time with us? From memory, I thought we were quite supportive of what was clearly a young player trying to make a career in the game. Which made for a surprise when he scored against us on his first return and ran away cupping his ear in a bit of an 'up yours' celebration. A bit unnecessary and disrespectful, I thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who are the Twats in the middle and in the 'MU Lounge' at Stockley Park tomorrow?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Kane nearly always scores against us so don't expect anything different. 

 

Did he have a bad experience during his time with us? From memory, I thought we were quite supportive of what was clearly a young player trying to make a career in the game. Which made for a surprise when he scored against us on his first return and ran away cupping his ear in a bit of an 'up yours' celebration. A bit unnecessary and disrespectful, I thought. 

 

Don’t worry chap, we’ll be fine now.. i have just added him to my fantasy football team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Kane nearly always scores against us so don't expect anything different. 

 

Did he have a bad experience during his time with us? From memory, I thought we were quite supportive of what was clearly a young player trying to make a career in the game. Which made for a surprise when he scored against us on his first return and ran away cupping his ear in a bit of an 'up yours' celebration. A bit unnecessary and disrespectful, I thought. 

We wouldn't let him take all of the free kicks on corners. He just can't let it go

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MPH said:

 

Don’t worry chap, we’ll be fine now.. i have just added him to my fantasy football team.

I'll double curse it and stick £1 on him to score, that will for sure do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same starting 11 as last game.

 

Barnes only stays in for me to provide some extra cover for Thomas out on the left, Gray deserves to come in but is better off the bench and Nacho might be a bit too offensive to start up top with Vards against Spurs. 
 

Perez had a lot of joy in the right channel as well last game and if Barnes could finish or pass then I probs would’ve said he had a good game vs Sheff Utd. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Who are the Twats in the middle and in the 'MU Lounge' at Stockley Park tomorrow?

Referee: Anthony Taylor. Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn. Fourth official: Graham Scott. Replacement official: Steven Meredith. VAR: Stuart Attwell. Assistant VAR: Scott Ledger.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I'm sure of is that we need to take our chances when they come. We cannot be as wasteful as Thursday night and still expect to keep winning.

 

They're strength is up front with Kane Moura and Song and Alli in the hole. We need to try and stop them further up the pitch and try to grind them down to the where they usually give up trying.

As it means very little to them, Lets hope they are not all that interested and more concerned at not getting injured for their Holidays.

I'd take a draw now but a win would be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LCFCJ said:

Referee: Anthony Taylor. Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn. Fourth official: Graham Scott. Replacement official: Steven Meredith. VAR: Stuart Attwell. Assistant VAR: Scott Ledger.

Atwell sent off nketiah and then cags !   Tbh, cags would have gone whoever the ref was .......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

One thing I'm sure of is that we need to take our chances when they come. We cannot be as wasteful as Thursday night and still expect to keep winning.

 

They're strength is up front with Kane Moura and Song and Alli in the hole. We need to try and stop them further up the pitch and try to grind them down to the where they usually give up trying.

As it means very little to them, Lets hope they are not all that interested and more concerned at not getting injured for their Holidays.

I'd take a draw now but a win would be nice.

Not fit 

 

expect bergwijn to be put up against Thomas or Justin and told to turn them around. 
 

jose says they want EL so it means a lot ....... apparently ........  palace have proven that even with nothing to play for, you can still play well .....but they have got nothing from those games where they’ve played well .....l don’t care how tomorrow is .....just want three points to give the boys confidence for next Sunday ......

Edited by st albans fox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Atwell sent off nketiah and then cags !   Tbh, cags would have gone whoever the ref was .......

The usual regulars will be manning the VAR equipment, spec savers, bet Fred, fergie and Bobby Charlton, same line up for our man utd game. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Same starting 11 as last game.

 

Barnes only stays in for me to provide some extra cover for Thomas out on the left, Gray deserves to come in but is better off the bench and Nacho might be a bit too offensive to start up top with Vards against Spurs. 
 

Perez had a lot of joy in the right channel as well last game and if Barnes could finish or pass then I probs would’ve said he had a good game vs Sheff Utd. 

 

Gray 100% should not start. If he has value, it's being fast against tired legs. 

 

Let's not fall in to the trap of pretending he's better than he is because he got his six monthly goal the other day. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I'll double curse it and stick £1 on him to score, that will for sure do it. 

 

 

i have no answer to this. it’s the football equivalent of a triple dog dare.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...