Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Demarai Gray

The guy has the technical ability, but he doesn't have the mentality or footballing brain to be a top player. It's a shame, but I think it's best for both parties he moves on providing we bring in someone to replace him otherwise we still need him as a squad player this season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Will Gray leave?

"That’ll be up to him, but he’s now 24, but it’ll be whether he wants to continue in his role here, or whether he wants to be a starter. While he’s here, he’ll be respected for his quality."

Hmm seems Leicester want to sell him rather offer a contract

Just now, Lako42 said:

Good, never seen a player with such supposed promise completely fail to realise it over this period of time.

He's had his chance, he needs a change. 

Yeah I think it's probably best for himself and the club for him to start afresh elsewhere, he needs a good run of games which he really will not get here, I think he is destined for a bottom half premier league team and I think he can actually do well there.

Just now, happy85 said:

Hmm seems Leicester want to sell him rather offer a contract

I think we would actually offer him another deal but nowhere near what he probably wants, I think the club would see him as a decent impact sub occasionally when needed but also have realised that he will never be a starter for us. Therefore now leaving the ball in his court, if he wants to stay, it'll be on the conditions that he'll be an occasional sub. However saying all that, I believe he will leave as he'll know he needs to be starting most games to try and realise his "potential" 

Think we may lack a little bit of pace in the wide options if Demarai goes - we only really have Barnes who has the lightning turn of pace, and if he's starting every week you miss that ability to change a game off the bench with real speed.

But he is the obvious one to let go if we have too many bodies up top, particularly if we want to add a striker/additional winger too.

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

Think we may lack a little bit of pace in the wide options if Demarai goes - we only really have Barnes who has the lightning turn of pace, and if he's starting every week you miss that ability to change a game off the bench with real speed.

But he is the obvious one to let go if we have too many bodies up top, particularly if we want to add a striker/additional winger too.

Thought Under was fast as **** ?

Hopefully once we've got Under we can look to flog him to a Championship club or even someone like West Brom/Fulham.

Shame, he hasn't pushed on at all since we bought him. Still a good price and he's scored some important goals for us over the years.

No hard feelings with him from me.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Thought Under was fast as **** ?

Not sure, but I assumed he was more a Riyad-type.

If you're planning on starting with Barnes and Under either side of Vardy, you're looking to bench options of Albrighton, Perez and Iheanacho. All three are good players and can all offer something off the bench but I'd prefer someone like Schlupp or Nathan Dyer to stretch tired defences. Perhaps that's not in Rodgers' philosophy.

Probably run his contact down and get a mega deal somewhere

always wanted him to do well, but over the last 18 months he hasn’t managed to convince BR and the competition for his position wasn’t great.

So there must be a reason about 5 managers haven’t really give him a prolonged run.

Hope he does well in the future, regardless what club he is at.

• Like 1

I think we've all seen enough to know why he's not a starter, so why do we all fear that he'd come good at Spurs, or elsewhere? Something is not clicking with him. Personally, despite the fact he has got better at decision making, it is this factor that still lets him down. How do you improve it? He has the skills and physical attributes to hurt the opposition in every game. Why are we not seeing it?

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Probably run his contact down and get a mega deal somewhere

always wanted him to do well, but over the last 18 months he hasn’t managed to convince BR and the competition for his position wasn’t great.

So there must be a reason about 5 managers haven’t really give him a prolonged run.

Hope he does well in the future, regardless what club he is at.

This is important for me too. He might not have realised his promise but he's stayed committed throughout his time here and there's never been any suggestion of public frustration about his lack of game time.

Plenty of big life things happened to him off the field as well for someone so young and as we always have to remember.... these guys are only human and it clearly affected his performance. 

Wish him well when he moves on for sure!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Foxes BC said:

It's frustrating because he has ability but not the consistency or vision. He runs into cul-de-sacs and lacks end product. The fact he has been here for nearly 5 years and has never cemented a first team slot says everything.

Compare and contrast with the vision and speed of thought that an old leggy Cambiasso gave us. The latter oozed quality. You could see what he wanted to do and it was always the best option!

• Like 2