Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Demarai Gray

24 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Someone who works at the club. He’s liked by the other players because he’s a nice guy, but he’s a lousy trainer who’s often late. Rodgers doesn’t rate him either, so he won’t every succeed here, it’s now time for him to go.

Oh the ‘someone who works at the club’, Gray hasn’t made it here because he’s just not consistent enough as a player. Nothing to do with his attitude, he’s just not up to top 10 premier league standard which is exactly what we’ve been since he’s joined.

hopefully he’ll sign for a much weaker premier league side and come good when he gets a good run of games. Best of luck to him wherever he goes 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Albrighton is a great squad option though, and you know he is happy to play 20-30 games a season and not necessarily be a consistent starter. There will always be a few places in any squad for a player like him and he will make a difference in many games. Don't forget his inspired performance against Sevilla in the Champions league either - he's still capable of games like that.  His work rate, industry and attitude are all top notch and that is useful. He probably won't get another contract but I think he will here until it runs out because he is of value to us.

Cengiz Under is younger than Gray and I think will massively highlight the difference between what Gray is and where he should be. Under is not the finished article yet either, but has way more going for him in terms of end product, which is where Gray has always fallen short. Gray also can't have any complaints IMO, Puel made him first choice to replace Mahrez and Ghezall was only signed as an experienced option instead of as a like for like replacement. Chilwell took his chance and became an England international, Gray fluffed his lines.

I look at Albrighton's involvement like I did Ulloa. As soon as the player stops being of use or if there are enough options in front of them that they don't need to still score and assist them that's when the decision to let them go. Albrighton had his worst year for output last season but also he played way less games.

If after next season he hasn't contributed many goals and assists or play much then it's the end of the road. What a player he has been though.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

This is something I just find so interesting . I remember when Barnes was coming through and going out on loan lot of people saying he was skilful but lacked any pace but he’s just seems to be getting quicker and quicker . Now I know your  bodies develop  with age but he just seems to be rapid compared to what he was . 

Same, I've never known someone become so noticeably quicker. It's astonishing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I understand, in an ideal world, Dan James on loan would be lovely and I would very much like to bring in Fabian Reese as a backup/rotation (for now) for exactly the reason punishing tired legs.

Dan James nah. Been found out at Man U. Likes a dive but he’s not very good at them!

Just now, Luttfox said:

Would be nice to see some money back for him, but have we really lost out? wasn't he about £3m?

That's not really relevant. Barnes and Chilwell were free, but you wouldn't just give them away, would you?

We should be able to get around £10m for Gray. That could go towards another player. Much more sensible doing that than letting him leave for nothing next year.

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

That's not really relevant. Barnes and Chilwell were free, but you wouldn't just give them away, would you?

We should be able to get around £10m for Gray. That could go towards another player. Much more sensible doing that than letting him leave for nothing next year.

If, and only if we sign two wide players this window 👍

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Same, I've never known someone become so noticeably quicker. It's astonishing.

I remember arguing on here saying “Barnes lacks that real pace” but that’s come on like you’d never believe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

Well no, but those players were/are wanted by the club

Similar to Slim, Silva etc, If nobody wants them or is willing to pay there isnt much the club can do but let them leave for free and get them off the wage bill. Both of them were £30m wasted which we wont see any return on (except loan fees) whereas all im saying with Gray is if we can't get a fee for him, and let him go for free, we've had 4/5 years out of him and only lost £3m

Guest Markyblue
54 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

To be honest as much as I love Albrighton I’d rather he was the one going than Gray. Gray could still come good in our system whereas Albrighton is spent. 

Gray hasn't contributed a fraction of what albrighton has for this football club. Gray has been here years it isn't going to happen for him.

8 minutes ago, Luttfox said:

Well no, but those players were/are wanted by the club

Similar to Slim, Silva etc, If nobody wants them or is willing to pay there isnt much the club can do but let them leave for free and get them off the wage bill. Both of them were £30m wasted which we wont see any return on (except loan fees) whereas all im saying with Gray is if we can't get a fee for him, and let him go for free, we've had 4/5 years out of him and only lost £3m

I get what you mean, but I don't lump Gray in with the rest of our deadwood. I'm sure there would be plenty of interest in Gray. He's a 24-year old, English player who would be very useful for a lower-half PL or a promotion-chasing Championship club. I don't think his wages price him out of a move and he's weirdly highly-rated outside the club. I can easily see a PL club coming in for him, whereas we've really struggled to give Slimani or Silva away.

It wouldn't be a disaster if we kept him around for this season, because he would be some use to us, but I'd much rather we cashed in and put the money back into the squad. Seems a shame to throw ~£10m away when we could sign Ounas or someone with it, instead.