Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Demarai Gray

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

I’m not saying he has, but I’d wager Gray would contribute more over the next few years if given the same amount of game time as Albrighton. 

Possibly and i would love it if he did, but it really looks like he's going to move on, i hope it works for him either way. 

Guest Markyblue
2 hours ago, baldeagle said:

This is something I just find so interesting . I remember when Barnes was coming through and going out on loan lot of people saying he was skilful but lacked any pace but he’s just seems to be getting quicker and quicker . Now I know your  bodies develop  with age but he just seems to be rapid compared to what he was . 

Vardy's secret juice. 😉

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

I hope we continue to compare all our young signings with Champions League winners who played for Inter Milan and Real Madrid. It's only fair. 

I wasn’t comparing the whole player. Just the speed of thought and vision. Gray probably has better physical attributes and more ball skills than Cambiasso had at the same age, but the it’s the choices he makes that frustrate and I think ultimately keep him out of our starting eleven. 

1 hour ago, happy85 said:

BR never forgiven gray since this moment 

Tears? 99% of us shrugged and walked out. Then just stared confused and a bit amused at the twelve year olds on the pitch offering us out, and more confused and more amused at the grown adults outside trying to start fights even though they'd won. 

Weird people. 

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Sorry God, forgot you were able to rule out possible future events :beer:

Sorry, but it’s hardly omnipotence that after 4 years of waiting that gif represents the sentiment understandably shared by most of our fans, even if Gray subsequently manages to come good. 

Edited by NaijaFox

2 hours ago, Bert said:

I remember arguing on here saying “Barnes lacks that real pace” but that’s come on like you’d never believe. 

Remember his debut he was just sort of plodding about in midfield and couldn't work out why he was playing on the wing in the youth teams for England.

Even over the last year its gone through the roof. He's shredded a lot of fullbacks for sheer pace. Must do a lot of gym work.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Steve he was atrocious. Its OK to admit that we had the odd poor player during the O'Neill years. Impey had absolutely no footballing brain. 

The brain I'll give you! But he had wonderful feet, good positional sense and was an upgrade - big time - on Lily at RWB. 

I first saw him live playing LB at Old Trafford for QPR. I was at pitch level, which as you'll know @Ric Flair gives you a real sense of the pace of the game, if not the best picture of it. He was quite superb, never hurried in possession, always composed. IMO, the best player on the pitch that day. Consequently, I was chuffed when we signed him and pre-disposed to like him when he played. I don't remember ever seeing him have a stinker either!

Poor players in the O'Neill era? Fenton, Gunlaugsson, Gilchrist, Lawrence to name but 4...

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I’m not saying he has, but I’d wager Gray would contribute more over the next few years if given the same amount of game time as Albrighton. 

If we're choosing between the two I'd pick Albrighton all day. The man has worked his socks off for this club and deserves to leave on his terms. Gray hasn't really progressed at all since we signed him.

• Like 4

Is his inclusion  in the squad dependent on him either signing a new contract or considering being sold.  He has quality.   He has value.  If he has decided to run down his contract  he may well be writing a chapter of his biography: 'The first wilderness year.'

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, majaco said:

Is his inclusion  in the squad dependent on him either signing a new contract or considering being sold.  He has quality.   He has value.  If he has decided to run down his contract  he may well be writing a chapter of his biography: 'The first wilderness year.'

I think you’re probably spot on with this.

Just now, Jobyfox said:

Albrighton v Gray is the classic case of one player making the most of limited ability and another wasting his talent. We've waited and waited for Gray to come good and it hasn't happened. Various managers have come in and it's looked like Gray will be  phased in and Albrighton phased out. All have reverted back to Albrighton eventually. 

If we get Under then Gray slips a further place down the pecking order. There comes a point when we just have to accept it's not going to happen here. I'm not totally convinced it'll happen anywhere. 

Added to this the fact that Gray always seemed to rate his ability higher than his performances demonstrated, his contract is running down with no sign of a new one and that we could do with getting peripheral players off the books - I'd take any sensible offer for him. 

Over the years, i have heard a lot of love for Albrighton.  People come to like him.  He is a brilliant member of our squad.  He is so reliable and provides so much on the pitch.  He is not involved in enough goals though.  He is an example of a player who has made the most of his ability, he is a forever Premier League winner.  He has a football brain (when not giving away late penalties at Anfield).

In contrast, Gray seems to have an excess of natural ability that he struggles to access with any regularity and with little consistency.  He too is a forever Premier League winner but will not be remembered as a legend like Albrighton.  Comments on this forum reflect that people have been hoping for years that it all comes together for Gray; I still do.  

Currently  if the club decided one could move on  I would retain  Albrighton.

• Like 1