Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Demarai Gray

We can't let anyone like Gray go until we have the replacement in.

Without Gray it means we're playing Albrighton or Perez. We're not a big enough club to let players of his calibre go without getting someone in who will cost just as much or more.  There's no guarantee the replacement will even be as good (or bad).

Our problem is convincing him to stay as he might want more first team action.

Has the last 7 months not been a big enough reality check for some of our fans?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I understand the urge to sell while we can make a few bucks, but Gray has probably been our best winger since the resumption.  Not that it's not a low bar.

Agreed. Demi is one of the very few potential game-changing options we have on the bench. 

9 hours ago, dooflip said:

Really hope we can get a bit of decent money for him. He’s never going to make it here.

i understand the notions of keeping him because we are thin on numbers, but we have 4 wingers and 4 wingers is what you need. We want to bring in one or two at least. Perez won’t be sold because he’s not long come. Albrighton and gray are the casualties here and have to be, though I sense Albrighton won’t be going anywhere, so it absolutely has to be gray.

to be fair to the lad he’s actually been one of the players to make a difference coming on since the restart. But speaking broader about his time here, he has to be one of the most frustrating players we have. No end product, no brain.

if we are trying to establish ourselves as a top team demari doesn’t deserve to be here.

. who are these 4 wingers!!!

1 minute ago, dooflip said:

Perez Albrighton gray barnes

Perez is not a winger and we need to get am improvement for Albrighton, if we are going to consistently finish in European places. The other two are really inconsistent.

Two wingers needed IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scinnell said:

Perez is not a winger and we need to get am improvement for Albrighton, if we are going to consistently finish in European places. The other two are really inconsistent.

Two wingers needed IMO

Agreed. But Perez was brought in to be a “wide forward” as quoted by Brendan. Just not a very good one. I think he’s be better as a 10

6 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Perez Albrighton gray barnes

..I beg to differ!!!

Perez is not a winger, we may play him out wide but that is not his position.

Barnes is not a winger, once again played in that position for expediency, he should be played centrally, perhaps as a 10 or with a lead striker.

We have overlooked the wingers role for too long and it has come back to haunt us and will continue to do so until we bring in two outstanding wingers to elevate this team and give Tielemanns and Maddison the options they need.

48 minutes ago, Luttfox said:

Loan swap with bornemouth for the season with Josh King. Doubt he'd want to drop to the championship but a regular starting place for a season in the champ might just get his confidence back

..it was never a lack of confidence with Gray!!!

As I have said before, it is how he sees the game.

Some players can see the big picture,  Gray can only see a partial area and is trapped in that corridor. He is blinkered to a large degree and need to look at the game from another angle.

If you look at end product, Thomas already understands the philosophy of the game an attribute Gray will never attain unless he is directed to do so.

After coming on and scoring, it was significant, in the subsequent games, that he chose options to shoot when the lay off was more appropriate.It all became a matter of glory for him and less about the needs of the team.

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..it was never a lack of confidence with Gray!!!

As I have said before, it is how he sees the game.

Some players can see the big picture,  Gray can only see a partial area and is trapped in that corridor. He is blinkered to a large degree and need to look at the game from another angle.

If you look at end product, Thomas already understands the philosophy of the game an attribute Gray will never attain unless he is directed to do so.

After coming on and scoring, it was significant, in the subsequent games, that he chose options to shoot when the lay off was more appropriate.It all became a matter of glory for him and less about the needs of the team.

Barnes also guilty of being blinded by being able to grab himself some glory which I find very frustrating. It’s an element many of our players have, selfishness. And having too many doesn’t work.

17 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We can't let anyone like Gray go until we have the replacement in.

Without Gray it means we're playing Albrighton or Perez. We're not a big enough club to let players of his calibre go without getting someone in who will cost just as much or more.  There's no guarantee the replacement will even be as good (or bad).

Our problem is convincing him to stay as he might want more first team action.

Has the last 7 months not been a big enough reality check for some of our fans?

Rodgers has said multiple times we are going to look to improve our attacking options. I think everybody saying sell him is saying that with the context that this is the last year of his contract and that we are going to sign a replacement.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dooflip said:

Barnes also guilty of being blinded by being able to grab himself some glory which I find very frustrating. It’s an element many of our players have, selfishness. And having too many doesn’t work.

Barnes is one of our most creative players. He has clearly been told by the manager to shoot more, so that is what he is doing. Rodgers has probably ordered him to do that with the hope that he'll remember how to score goals like he did in every other tier of football he's played in. Whether he eventually remembers how to finish or not is another story.

On 27/07/2020 at 20:14, dooflip said:

No end product, no brain.

Among players with 500 minutes, Gray ranked 19th in the PL for goals plus assists per 90’ (0.72) this season.  Ahead of Aubameyang, Sterling, Foden, Pulisic, Antonio.

He’d not get as many as a starter.  But calling that “no end product” is my idea of “no brain”.

6 hours ago, KingsX said:

Among players with 500 minutes, Gray ranked 19th in the PL for goals plus assists per 90’ (0.72) this season.  Ahead of Aubameyang, Sterling, Foden, Pulisic, Antonio.

He’d not get as many as a starter.  But calling that “no end product” is my idea of “no brain”.

I think he’s been one of our most productive since the re-start. But this is his problem for me, he just lacks consistency, and has done throughout his time with us. We all want him to come good, and these moments have kept us going but I’m now in the sell camp, contract running down, so get some money and let him have a fresh start.

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach

He is a championship player , where he would get far more playing time , he will have to decide whether he wants to play football or chase the money.

On 29/07/2020 at 00:16, dooflip said:

Barnes is still young so his decision making obviously still needs a bit of work, he'll get there.

On 28/07/2020 at 05:36, Deeg67 said:

I understand the urge to sell while we can make a few bucks, but Gray has probably been our best winger since the resumption.  Not that it's not a low bar.

Don’t know what he did, a few step overs, a goal and assist if I remember right.

He’s been awful here for years, never going to make the grade, time for him and us to move on.

Think his best move is to a championship side with aspirations of promotion 

• Like 2

I don’t want to see him or Albrighton playing in PL or EL games next season.

If we sold either they would at best go to a mid level PL club, we need to be much better than that. Neither of them would even get close to being on the bench for any of the supposed big clubs.

MA has been a star for us and DG clearly has the skills but lacks any consistency.

• Like 2