Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Demarai Gray

27 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

There are other things not just that, like filming himself breathing in nitrous oxide from a balloon and if that  wasn’t enough he then posted it on social media  after losing a game on boxing day hardly the actions of a rocket scientist. Actions like these two and his actions on the pitch isn’t going to help with people thinking he’s a little bit thick regardless if he is or not . 

...look at the antics of Grealish, his subsequent post on social media and his various antics!!!

Are you saying Grealish lacks football intelligence??

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

As far as I'm aware, the default opinion of football fans regarding football players is that they're "thick as pig s**t", unless of course they speak like Patrick Bamford

lollollol

17 hours ago, FLAN said:

If he was good enough for a lower half team they’d have signed him this window 

A lot of presumptions there.

Nailed on he goes to a premier league team on a free, no doubt about it no matter what people think about him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

There are other things not just that, like filming himself breathing in nitrous oxide from a balloon and if that  wasn’t enough he then posted it on social media  after losing a game on boxing day hardly the actions of a rocket scientist. Actions like these two and his actions on the pitch isn’t going to help with people thinking he’s a little bit thick regardless if he is or not . 

Inhaling Nitrous Oxide, is that bad? I always thought it's perfectly safe?

Boxing Day is a worldwide day of celebration, I'm happy Demarai joined in. 

It's very well known his actions on the pitch have been hit and miss, but I feel, that's the only place where people have a right to judge him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

It's very well known his actions on the pitch have been hit and miss, but I feel, that's the only place where people have a right to judge him. 

It really annoys me when the papers call nitrous, "hippy crack." It's slightly stronger than the feeling you get when you stand up too quickly, and lasts a few seconds. Comparing it to crack is just a tad bit sensationalist.

I read recently that a footballer had been accused of driving under the influence of nitrous oxide. It would have completely worn off before he'd walked halfway to his car. Unless he had a tank in his car with a pipe to his mouth. I don't think that's very likely, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

It really annoys me when the papers call nitrous, "hippy crack." It's slightly stronger than the feeling you get when you stand up too quickly, and lasts a few seconds. Comparing it to crack is just a tad bit sensationalist.

Exactly.

I had an all day bender on it when my first child was born.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

I suggest you do some research it’s far from safe  some countries have made it illegal and the UK are thinking about it , in some cases although rare it has caused deaths as well as other health issues . Also not great  for younger fans to see do you have kids ? 
Nothing  wrong with celebrating Boxing Day it’s how it do it . 

8 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I suggest you do some research it’s far from safe  some countries have made it illegal and the UK are thinking about it , in some cases although rare it has caused deaths as well as other health issues . Also not great  for younger fans to see do you have kids ? 

My kids have seen me drink a pint of beer. In comparison, far more lethal than NOX and Social Media.

Unlike actual booze, it seems research on Nitrous Oxide is far from conclusive, so I'll trust your word, deaths are rare. 

Anyway, I see this debate turning into the benefits and disadvantages of recreational drugs, so let's stick to Demarai and his intelligence levels, which you're not happy with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

*source - The Daily Mail

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

My kids have seen me drink a pint of beer. In comparison, far more lethal than NOX and Social Media.

Unlike actual booze, it seems research on Nitrous Oxide is far from conclusive, so I'll trust your word, deaths are rare. 

Anyway, I see this debate turning into the benefits and disadvantages of recreational drugs, so let's stick to Demarai and his intelligence levels, which you're not happy with. 

That’s kind of my point its not so much he took Nox more the point he didn’t have the  intelligence not to post it  on social media where everyone including the club would see it . 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, baldeagle said:

That’s kind of my point its not so much he took Nox more the point he didn’t have the  intelligence not to post it  on social media where everyone including the club would see it . 

There are many reasons as to why he'd post that on his social media channels.

One reason being is one we've already covered, i.e the dangers of NOX and its damaging side-effects aren't conclusive.

Here's an excuse, For the majority of footballers, it's impossible to "have a doss", so being at a party and then being handed a substance, which has most likely been described as perfectly safe, legal, non damaging, gives just a quick head rush and has no trace would be difficult to turn down under those circumstances. Footballers are just like us :o.

Going back to the near decapitation episode;

From my experience, footballers, celebrities, dignitaries and the like are either in control of their Agent/PA/Diary or it's the other way around. I wonder if Demarai is somebody that has a lot of decisions made for him, i.e be here, go there, do that, say that, don't say that, etc and he hadn't yet managed to find that balance. It's not unintelligent, it's just being pampered, relying on being told what to do and being a little bit useless at managing ones own day to day tasks. 

Let me be clear, that's pure speculation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

There are many reasons as to why he'd post that on his social media channels.

One reason being is one we've already covered, i.e the dangers of NOX and its damaging side-effects aren't conclusive.

Here's an excuse, For the majority of footballers, it's impossible to "have a doss", so being at a party and then being handed a substance, which has most likely been described as perfectly safe, legal, non damaging, gives just a quick head rush and has no trace would be difficult to turn down under those circumstances. Footballers are just like us :o.

Going back to the near decapitation episode;

From my experience, footballers, celebrities, dignitaries and the like are either in control of their Agent/PA/Diary or it's the other way around. I wonder if Demarai is somebody that has a lot of decisions made for him, i.e be here, go there, do that, say that, don't say that, etc and he hadn't yet managed to find that balance. It's not unintelligent, it's just being pampered, relying on being told what to do and being a little bit useless at managing ones own day to day tasks. 

Let me be clear, that's pure speculation. 

To be fair when he last played all you could hear was Rodgers shouting /telling him what to do all match along with Hamza . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/10/2020 at 08:23, Danny Clender said:

or perhaps he wasn't sufficiently briefed on how to exit a helicopter?

or perhaps he was a little disorientated when he exited the helicopter due to the flights motion?

or perhaps he has a mild phobia of flying?

or perhaps he was joking?

or perhaps he's a genius and struggles with routine formulaic logic?

or perhaps it was a just a daft mistake?

Since when has a players intelligence off the pitch and on the pitch been directly equated?

This is why EA Sports do not add IQ levels to their game stats.

This is why there is no PFA Cleverest Footballer of the Year award. 

As far as I'm aware, the default opinion of football fans regarding football players is that they're "thick as pig s**t", unless of course they speak like Patrick Bamford, then there's some suspicion. 

Are you aware of the intelligence levels of Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe? do their IQ's mirror their intellect on the pitch?

The accusations of Demarai Gray's off-field intelligence levels are boring, baseless and discriminatory, let it be, please.

He should apologise to you Demarai 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 14/10/2020 at 03:23, Danny Clender said:

or perhaps he wasn't sufficiently briefed on how to exit a helicopter?

or perhaps he was a little disorientated when he exited the helicopter due to the flights motion?

or perhaps he has a mild phobia of flying?

or perhaps he was joking?

or perhaps he's a genius and struggles with routine formulaic logic?

or perhaps it was a just a daft mistake?

Since when has a players intelligence off the pitch and on the pitch been directly equated?

This is why EA Sports do not add IQ levels to their game stats.

This is why there is no PFA Cleverest Footballer of the Year award. 

As far as I'm aware, the default opinion of football fans regarding football players is that they're "thick as pig s**t", unless of course they speak like Patrick Bamford, then there's some suspicion. 

Are you aware of the intelligence levels of Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe? do their IQ's mirror their intellect on the pitch?

The accusations of Demarai Gray's off-field intelligence levels are boring, baseless and discriminatory, let it be, please.

i get what you are saying with the rest of the post but come off it,  mate...

that’s like the woman who sued mcdonald’s after burning herself on their coffee because there was no warning that it would be hot..

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, MPH said:

that’s like the woman who sued mcdonald’s after burning herself on their coffee because there was no warning that it would be hot..

She was 79, suffered 3rd degree burns with 179F coffee. She was injured regardless who was to blame. Not  really similar.

Edited by Smudge

54 minutes ago, Smudge said:

She was 79, suffered 3rd degree burns with 179F coffee. She was injured regardless who was to blame. Not  really similar.

wrong case. That lady was burnt when the coffee spilled into her lap. 

5 hours ago, MPH said:

Where is this story?

I need to leave a comment about her intelligence in the comments box. 

In the conventional act of drinking Coffee, she burnt her hands/fingers/mouth, Demi nearly lost his head.

I knew I should have/of studied law.