Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Demarai Gray

48 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Opinions always seem to be extremes, a player is either amazing or terrible. Gray is undoubtedly a hugely talented footballer. He has all of the attributes to be a very good player for Leicester - he’s quick, has very good technique and can impact a game. The thing that holds him back is his decision-making and lack of a football brain. Personally, I’d like to see the club continue to work with him and develop his game. There is definitely something there and you would struggle to find better in the current market for the same fee! 

I agree that he has attributes to be a very good player but his decision making has been poor for years now. I don’t understand why coaching hasn’t seen him improve in this regard, either through on pitch analysis in training and/or by looking at match videos to make him see what decisions ought to have been made at various points of play. 

If the coaching team haven’t got through to him by now then short of electroshock therapy I’m not sure what else could make a difference. 

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Unless we bring in 2 or 3 attackers we need to keep Gray in a similar way we kept Mendy.

The difference with Mendy is we could make some money here. If we get offered £20m we have to sell, if it allows us to pay more for a first 11 winger it hugely strengthens our options.

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

The difference with Mendy is we could make some money here. If we get offered £20m we have to sell, if it allows us to pay more for a first 11 winger it hugely strengthens our options.

It's not going to be 20 million. 

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Provided we can convince someone better than him to come.  We haven't really succeeded in that yet.

Just now, Gerard said:

He probably goes on a free next season IMO.

Strange that we're down to the last 10 months of his contract and we've neither renegotiated a new one or sold him in the last 12/14 months. 

He is still youngish, maybe he fancies a fat sign on at his next club of choice. Allow himself maximum flexibility.  :dunno:

52 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’ve been told there isn’t genuine interest. It may be us leaking this to tempt other to offer.

I think you're right Costock, I don't think the club want to reward with him with a better contract but don't want to lose him for nothing either. As you say, a handy leak to hopefully invite some bids so we can cash-in.

24 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

He had some really good performances last season

Gray or Lamela? Gray had some great cameos but I cannot remember the last game he started in the Premier League and played very well. West Ham away last season was the only game he did anything from the start and the season before it felt like he never ever took the opportunities given to him but then would pop up with a moment of brilliance as a sub. At some point he has to deliver from the start and be trusted to be an important player.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Gray or Lamela? Gray had some great cameos but I cannot remember the last game he started in the Premier League and played very well. West Ham away last season was the only game he did anything from the start and the season before it felt like he never ever took the opportunities given to him but then would pop up with a moment of brilliance as a sub. At some point he has to deliver from the start and be trusted to be an important player.

Lamela sorry. Saw a few games where he was excellent. Better than he gets credit for IMO

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Lamela sorry. Saw a few games where he was excellent. Better than he gets credit for IMO

Agreed, I like him. Injuries often hamper him but when available he is brilliant. Love how good he is at attacking crosses too.

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Worded wrongly, we need a starting winger in meaning he’d lose his place in the squad 

We need to constantly improve the team/squad. I don't think losing Gray, even without a replacement will damage us that much because he barely played and rarely made a difference when he did. 

In truth he needs a move for the sake of his career.