Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Demarai Gray

I just don't understand why most people on here seem to want us to sell all our players.

Did they not notice the state we were in for those last few games of the season, we had hardly any players. We need some quality signings in who are really pushing for a starting spot & to retain as many of our reasonable back up squad players as we can (of which Gray is one) A lot of the players we would like to get rid of, sadly nobody wants them.

36 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I just don't understand why most people on here seem to want us to sell all our players.

Did they not notice the state we were in for those last few games of the season, we had hardly any players. We need some quality signings in who are really pushing for a starting spot & to retain as many of our reasonable back up squad players as we can (of which Gray is one) A lot of the players we would like to get rid of, sadly nobody wants them.

The reason I want to sell players like Gray is because of exactly what you have said above, we need some quality signings in the starting 11. Gray has never managed that in his time here, the commentators laughed every time he came on at the end of the season due to the number of times this has happened. Says it all.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1

An obviously talented player and he has shown glimpses of his quality over the past few years but I fear he's struggled so much in his confidence that a fresh start somewhere else is probably best for both parties. The frequent changes in managers/playing styles hasn't helped, however he has had the chance to impress in all of these occasions and clearly failed to do so enough to warrant a good run in the starting 11. I do hope the club learns a little from this case though. Loaning out Barnes developed his game immeasurably. I feel that if we had done the same with Gray and Iheanacho at an earlier stage, we could have two players with completely different trajectories on our hands. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

What if Gray isn't interested in a new contract? He has less than 10 months on his contract.

19 hours ago, FLAN said:

What would we be losing?. 10 goals and 9 assists in 132 premier league games. If we can’t replace that we are in trouble  

He has 10 goals and 11 assists from 61.12 games worth of minutes in the Premier League. (5501/90)

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

There's a reason he's only accumulated that amount of games in 4.5 years, its because almost every game he starts he is anonymous and then in cameos he is much more dangerous against tiring defences. As an impact sub, I love him. If he will happily stay here as such then get the lad a new deal and know what he is good at, if he wants to be the main man then he better bloody show he's capable of starting a game and not being complete horse muck.

Any bid over £10-15m would be too good to turn down with 10 months left of his contract.

Firmly disagree.

We sell him and we go into the season with Barnes and Albrighton as our only real wingers. Unless we go and replace him and buy another, I don't see any reason to sell for a low amount.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He has 10 goals and 11 assists from 61.12 games worth of minutes in the Premier League. (5501/90)

TBF that's not terrible. 

About 6 goals and 7 assists over a full 38 game season. His stats per goal and assist per 90 minute game this season was excellent.

I'd like to see him sign a new contract and he should have plenty of minutes this season with the Europa. We'll either lose him for a small fee or a Bosman anyway and he's proven he's an adequate squad player who has got all the tools but it hasn't fallen into place just yet. 

If we don't sign a RW this window then he won't have a better opportunity to force his way into the team with Perez and Albrighton blocking his path. a move upwards to Tottenham or sidewards and the scenery changes but the situation doesn't. 

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's a reason he's only accumulated that amount of games in 4.5 years, its because almost every game he starts he is anonymous and then in cameos he is much more dangerous against tiring defences. As an impact sub, I love him. If he will happily stay here as such then get the lad a new deal and know what he is good at, if he wants to be the main man then he better bloody show he's capable of starting a game and not being complete horse muck.

Any bid over £10-15m would be too good to turn down with 10 months left of his contract.

yes - I wonder if he can only contribute against tired legs.  He is too one dimensional and need to mix it up more.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, StanSP said:

£20m we're asking for apparently lol

If Spurs pay that more fool them. 

This seems about right for the market value of a young home grown player with significant top-flight experience.

Last season  Webber cost 20 million.  Chilwell is 50 million +. Brooks is being touted at 40 million.  White is  quoted at 50 million as is Tarkowski.  Liverpool's 12 million  I'd for Lewis was rejected.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Firmly disagree.

We sell him and we go into the season with Barnes and Albrighton as our only real wingers. Unless we go and replace him and buy another, I don't see any reason to sell for a low amount.

Well yes, I wasn't saying we sell and not replace. We already need 1 new winger, if Gray goes then we need 2.