Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Demarai Gray

17 minutes ago, Bozman said:

If we offer him a new one,  it shows  the club  has  zero ambition .

Disagree. He's steady as an impact sub and if we sell it'll be for pennies and we'd have to replace with more outlay and wages. 

• Like 2

Just now, st albans fox said:

Why would he sign a new deal now ?   

Because we would presumably seek to sell him if he doesn't?

If he wants out then sure, why bother, just get a transfer or wait the year until you can set your own price.

Does he want to go?

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because we would presumably seek to sell him if he doesn't?

If he wants out then sure, why bother, just get a transfer or wait the year until you can set your own price.

Does he want to go?

My point 

he can wait until the back end of the season and cut himself a huge pay day on a bosman or decide to take an offer from us if we continue to make one available. 

if we don’t want to risk him leaving for nowt then we need to take what we can and suspect that will be around 10m without an ‘auction’. if he wants to go somewhere in particular then we won’t get more than 10m imo 

• Like 1

He had the best stats of any impact sub, if he signs a new contract then it tells me he’s happy in that role. IMO there is nothing wrong with this kind of player, we need backups, players that are happy and know their place in the grand scheme of things. We’re not big enough to carry hugely expensive subs on the bench. It’s where we are, so I’d be happy if he signed a new deal. If he’s unwilling to sign now then I’d want to sell him, not allow him to run his contract down. 

• Thanks 1

At the current time he’s our best RW. Would be bonkers to be looking to sell him when we nobody else of any quality in that position. Get him a new contract and give him some confidence. He’s a good player who has rarely had a good run in the team to nail down a spot. It’s really hard to know your have a game or two here and there to nail your spot.

• Like 4

If we signed a better player, selling him would make sense.  Right now, he is an important part of our squad.  There are many teams in the league who would be happy to have him (Spurs are probably the only so-called big club).  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...