Jump to content

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I'm thinking aggressive, breaking up Utd possession and playing on the break. Hamza can ruffle a few feathers, mendy can stick in a tackle. I don't think it's the day for pretty football tbh, we ain't going to pass it through Utd and if we try it'll be Spurs and worse. I love Wes but he really struggled against Spurs, I think Utd will have a field day with him sadly. 

We arent going to play on the break against man united lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

We arent going to play on the break against man united lol

I know we aren't, we're going to play how we did against Spurs I would imagine, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a back 3 either as BR said he thought it had been effective when asked about it post match conference, and we'll very likely get smashed and told we've done well to be in the top 5, hope I'm wrong

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There's so many annoying and careless moments recently, not only in goals shipped but chances missed ourselves. Harvey Barnes 2nd miss vs Sheffield Utd is beggars belief, as was Iheanacho's vs Everton which not to mention would have given us an extra point.

I know it goes back further than the 2 incidents you have mentioned here, but my mind can't help but think back to the 2-2 draw with Chelsea. The Barnes miss when Vardy played him in with that cross from the right, one on one with the keeper & he somehow rolled it just the wrong side of the post. And perhaps an even worse miss was Evans, completely unmarked in the middle of the goal 5 yards out & headed over. A victory in that game would have given us 2 more points over Chelsea & them 1 less. So a 3 point swing, which as it happens turned out to be crucial.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm usually pretty positive but I look at the injuries we have and our defensive issues and sadly I think we'll get absolutely walloped. Can see United having the job done by half time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I know we aren't, we're going to play how we did against Spurs I would imagine, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a back 3 either as BR said he thought it had been effective when asked about it post match conference, and we'll very likely get smashed and told we've done well to be in the top 5, hope I'm wrong

Rodgers is ultra cautious and won't change the back 3 unless he has to. I think he should throw Darnell Johnson in there. However, he will keep with Morgan, Bennett and Evans but they will get mown down by the pace of Rashford, Martial etc. with Fernandes and Pogba pulling the strings either side of poor Wilf and Nampalys. I see wave after wave of attacks and we'll be pinned back with the long hoof to Vardy the only out ball. If they take the lead they will smother us. 

 

We need to play like Chelsea did yesterday but sadly with the injuries we have I think it is too much for the lads to do. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TOMMYG said:

I know it goes back further than the 2 incidents you have mentioned here, but my mind can't help but think back to the 2-2 draw with Chelsea. The Barnes miss when Vardy played him in with that cross from the right, one on one with the keeper & he somehow rolled it just the wrong side of the post. And perhaps an even worse miss was Evans, completely unmarked in the middle of the goal 5 yards out & headed over. A victory in that game would have given us 2 more points over Chelsea & them 1 less. So a 3 point swing, which as it happens turned out to be crucial.

That was a very frustrating game, the Barnes chance was one of his lesser halls of shame, it cruelly went wide and was well taken. The countless shots he's lashed straight at keepers or wildly over the bar are well in to double figures this season. The blatant penalty with the last kick of the game was disgusting to from the ref and VAR.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That was a very frustrating game, the Barnes chance was one of his lesser halls of shame, it cruelly went wide and was well taken. The countless shots he's lashed straight at keepers or wildly over the bar are well in to double figures this season. The blatant penalty with the last kick of the game was disgusting to from the ref and VAR.

I've had exactly the same thoughts. We were much the better team that day but aside from the incidents above we also conceded 2 very soft headed goals to the donkey Rudiger. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, matty98 said:

This is a game for Hamza imo. Just get him to stay on Bruno Fernandes all game. Everything seems to go through him for Man Utd. 

Counter attack.

 

             Schmeichel

Justin Evans Morgan Thomas

             Ndidi Choudhury

      Gray Tielemans Barnes

                      Vardy

Totally agree. That would be my selection. Sit deep and play on the break with all out pace.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matty98 said:

This is a game for Hamza imo. Just get him to stay on Bruno Fernandes all game. Everything seems to go through him for Man Utd. 

Counter attack.

 

             Schmeichel

Justin Evans Morgan Thomas

             Ndidi Choudhury

      Gray Tielemans Barnes

                      Vardy

Hamza red card nailed on!!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough dilemma. United look a little ‘leggy’ and you can get at them. Their defence (particularly De Gea) look susceptible to making mistakes but you still have to force those errors. Takes some courage though and pushing at the right times. Definitely not the right time if it leaves us exposed at the back in any way. We can’t leave any space at all. That’s exactly what they want. We’re actually really vulnerable when we have a corner!! Anticipate they will break like Usain Bolt and do not dilly dally on the ball!! 
We’re relying on Barnes, Vardy perhaps Tielemans creating something. Anything can happen. I’m calling a Morgan header first half from a free kick. 
 

Although I think he may go 3 at the back with the two wing backs if Albrighton is fit, I’m starting to like the idea of Hamza playing alongside Wilf and flooding that centre of the pitch a bit more. Crunch Fernandes whenever he gets that ball. We cannot... cannot let him turn and get his head up. Stop him, stop their rhythm and we have half a chance. Lose the ball and we get everyone back behind it and tucked in. Then we need a stroke of luck, a cheeky VAR decision to go our way... anything. Do the basics right first though lads and don’t gift them anything. If they cut us apart, fair enough but there’s nothing more frustrating than playing well and then causing our own pressure and conceding. We won’t get many chances. Take the half chances we get and who knows!? Let’s keep positive! We’ve got a full week to prepare as best we can. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

If we play this ridiculous three cbs and wing backs system we will get absolutely annihilated. Rashford and Greenwood will pull our centre halves all over the place. 
 

Along with injuries and a complete crisis of confidence levels I think this change in shape is what’s done us in since the restart. No idea why he plays it. To play that system you need fantastic wing backs and a back 3 used to playing the system as well. We have neither currently 

 

To be fair, we only have one fully functional defender (Evans) available for selection.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I'm usually pretty positive but I look at the injuries we have and our defensive issues and sadly I think we'll get absolutely walloped. Can see United having the job done by half time.

Personally, I look at the manager and think yep, we'll get absolutely walloped!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, matty98 said:

This is a game for Hamza imo. Just get him to stay on Bruno Fernandes all game. Everything seems to go through him for Man Utd. 

Counter attack.

 

             Schmeichel

Justin Evans Morgan Thomas

             Ndidi Choudhury

      Gray Tielemans Barnes

                      Vardy

Rate it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, matty98 said:

This is a game for Hamza imo. Just get him to stay on Bruno Fernandes all game. Everything seems to go through him for Man Utd. 

Counter attack.

 

             Schmeichel

Justin Evans Morgan Thomas

             Ndidi Choudhury

      Gray Tielemans Barnes

                      Vardy

I agree with you, but feel if Rodgers is going to play with 4 at the back Perez and Praet will play instead of Hamza and Gray.

 

I have a feeling Kelechi will come on and play an important part of this match. Just a weird inkling...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Play Hamza and stick him on Fernandes all game. Don’t give him a second on the ball. Force them out wide. Let Morgan and Evans mop up the crosses. Catch them on the break; their defense is as error prone as theirs, their fullbacks will be pushed up as they get frustrated, go back to type and pump it in the channels for Vardy to chase.

 

We can beat these. They’re not invincible, they are knackered, and their manager won’t have a plan b if we nullify Fernandes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, matty98 said:

This is a game for Hamza imo. Just get him to stay on Bruno Fernandes all game. Everything seems to go through him for Man Utd. 

Counter attack.

 

             Schmeichel

Justin Evans Morgan Thomas

             Ndidi Choudhury

      Gray Tielemans Barnes

                      Vardy

The ref will have him under scrutiny, waiting for the slightest mistake to send him off.

Edited by That_Dude
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

We arent going to play on the break against man united lol

surely that’s the only way we avoid a tonking - taking the gamble of scoring early like we did on Sunday just opens us up even more . 
 

3 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Play Hamza and stick him on Fernandes all game. Don’t give him a second on the ball. Force them out wide. Let Morgan and Evans mop up the crosses. Catch them on the break; their defense is as error prone as theirs, their fullbacks will be pushed up as they get frustrated, go back to type and pump it in the channels for Vardy to chase.

 

We can beat these. They’re not invincible, they are knackered, and their manager won’t have a plan b if we nullify Fernandes.

It’s a theory ........ hopefully Shaw will still be out. Williams looks ok but he’s inexperienced and we can target him like they will target Thomas. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, matty98 said:

This is a game for Hamza imo. Just get him to stay on Bruno Fernandes all game. Everything seems to go through him for Man Utd. 

Counter attack.

 

             Schmeichel

Justin Evans Morgan Thomas

             Ndidi Choudhury

      Gray Tielemans Barnes

                      Vardy

Exactly what I was thinking. Ultimately if you nullify Fernandes you stop United. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Schmeichel

 

Justin

Ndidi

Evans

Thomas

 

Praet

Choudhury

Tielemans

 

Perez

Vardy

Barnes

 

This looks more capable of handling their front three.

Ok except I would swap Nachos with Barnes. I love Barnes but we need someone lethal and not waste a chance in this important game and Nachos is a better pick.

 

I also see why we go with Hamza but BR will never drop Ndidi so Ndidi will start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...