Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

if Marc is fit then we have a shot at it 

 

JJ in a back three with Wes and Jonny 

 

marc RWB

luke LWB

 

centre mids wilf and hamza

 

three behind vards 

 

barnes. YT   Perez 

 

plsy a bit narrow to force them down the flanks - we should be able to defend crosses in 

 

 

Playing without a goalkeeper?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hard to know how to setup. We have to win but I don't think we can just play our normal game and expect to do so with so many players out.

 

I think we have to try and stay compact and force United wide. I think we can manage to deal with balls into the box. They're dangerous in the penalty area both in terms of getting a shot off and also running at defenders and drawing a penalty so we really have to try and prevent them attacking the box. They're also threatening from range but I think you have to trust in Kasper to handle that.

 

I expect we will play 3-4-3 again and against United I think this is probably our best bet. United use a fairly rigid double pivot and I'd like to see Vardy and whoever the other striker is, I'd go with Iheanacho, sit on Matic and Pogba. That lets Ndidi deal with Fernandes and means we don't need to play a second defensive midfielder, especially as Morgan likes to step out of the defensive line to close down.

 

If we can throttle them in midfield and force the wide attackers to the touchline we might negate them. Then we would need to move the ball purposefully to try and get at their weak areas. Wan-Bissaka tends to sit tight to the centre backs so I don't think we'd get as much joy in that channel but Brandon Williams looks a weak link at left back and I'd really like to see dangerous balls played into that channel for Vardy and the third attacker (which has been Perez but I think maybe I'd play Gray) to chase.

 

It's going be a tough one. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Just got to go for it..no playing 6 defensive midfielders please Brendan 😂

I was hoping he would of started doing this middle of January.

 

Sunday will be pass pass pass pass again then back to Kasper then pass to vardy to pass it back to kasper to pass to barnes to pass to Ndidi to pass to kasper to pass to JJ then pass to kasper for 94 mins 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Being positive we've had a few days extra rest, they've just had 2 tough games and are relying on the same key players every game whereas Spurs just let us piss about with the ball for most of our last game.

 

I guess it's a good thing United don't need to win, hopefully the draw is ok mindset might get into their heads. We know we need to win. Hopefully that all plays on our favour.

 

I've done my bit, got Martial, Fernandes(c) and Greenwood in my fantasy team, the collective jinx if we all do it will be immense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's to late now... but I have been thinking about how players carry their losses or fear of mistakes from game to game.

I remember Rio Ferdinand admitting that england players were terrified of being slated in the red tops... to a point where their creativity was impacted. 

The way out if this is mindfulness. Being able to focus on the job in hand without issues from the past or thoughts of the future clouding things. 

US marines find that by teaching mindfulness... marines  are less likely to develop ptsd as they dont dwell in their emotions... . Fear guilt shame from some combat incident.

Similarly US spevial forces use it to be able to make better decisions in high pressure  situations. 

How often do we hear a manager say... we put this to bed and then go again.  Salesmen know sales is a numbers game...if they fail today then go home..kick the dog and give it your best shot tomorrow.  Yet this is easier for some than for others.  

This is coz we all have different levels of executive function and mindfulness.  Imo minfulness could be a very important part of enabling football players to go into the next game without baggage from the past or choking about the future and what is at stake.

(Within a game...it should allow players to move on from mistakes)

I would love our club to try this. ...10 mins a day.

Finally... as fans we want to carry the baggage from game to game.  Think about how we felt in the great escape... and the prem winning year  we want to spend all week biting our nails... so mindfulness...players yes... fans no.

(Actually mindfulness is very effective at reducing problems like anxiety and depression...as good as meds but without the addictions.... and also allows people to attain flow.... students show less stress during exams and learn better)

I use mbct. You can get a free app at the moment by emailing to rezl@rezl.com

Edited by foxinsocks
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Really hard to know how to setup. We have to win but I don't think we can just play our normal game and expect to do so with so many players out.

 

I think we have to try and stay compact and force United wide. I think we can manage to deal with balls into the box. They're dangerous in the penalty area both in terms of getting a shot off and also running at defenders and drawing a penalty so we really have to try and prevent them attacking the box. They're also threatening from range but I think you have to trust in Kasper to handle that.

 

I expect we will play 3-4-3 again and against United I think this is probably our best bet. United use a fairly rigid double pivot and I'd like to see Vardy and whoever the other striker is, I'd go with Iheanacho, sit on Matic and Pogba. That lets Ndidi deal with Fernandes and means we don't need to play a second defensive midfielder, especially as Morgan likes to step out of the defensive line to close down.

 

If we can throttle them in midfield and force the wide attackers to the touchline we might negate them. Then we would need to move the ball purposefully to try and get at their weak areas. Wan-Bissaka tends to sit tight to the centre backs so I don't think we'd get as much joy in that channel but Brandon Williams looks a weak link at left back and I'd really like to see dangerous balls played into that channel for Vardy and the third attacker (which has been Perez but I think maybe I'd play Gray) to chase.

 

It's going be a tough one. 

 

The hobbit will come to counter, even more so now that he knows that he only needs a point. If we play like we did against Tottenham, we'll be murdered.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

The hobbit will come to counter, even more so now that he knows that he only needs a point. If we play like we did against Tottenham, we'll be murdered.

We will.need to be cautious.  If we turn the ball over they foul us. We have to surround the ref.  We have to get the wi g backs around the back... with mfs running in

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, splinterdream said:

All I can think now is we should have won that Bournemouth game and how we’ll be thinking about that at 5pm Sunday, i so hope I’m wrong 

We didnt win coz we failed to break them down... and the lost concentration after their pen

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having watched them tonight and Sunday I think I’d go back to a back 4. 

 

Stick Choudhury in there with Ndidi and press Fernandes (who looks knackered) and Pogba.

 

Play Tielemans, Perez and Barnes off Vardy and attack at pace when we have the chance.

 

they are there for the taking 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

All I can think now is we should have won that Bournemouth game and how we’ll be thinking about that at 5pm Sunday, i so hope I’m wrong 

Seasons aren’t ruined based on one game  (cup finals aside)

 

If we finish fifth it’s because over the season we deserve to finish fifth. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, lcfcfoz said:

Us 0-0 HT. Chelsea 0-2 Wolves HT. Us 0-0 FT. Chelsea 1-3 Wolves FT. Job done

I'd love wolves to race into a 4 goal lead early on so us and united can just play one twos with filbert fox

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

All I can think now is we should have won that Bournemouth game and how we’ll be thinking about that at 5pm Sunday, i so hope I’m wrong 

 

Should more have won v Watford.  A terrible soft late concession to chuck 2 points.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...