I have a rather large dilemma. My lodger is a Utd fan ... and actually from the bloody city too. What do I do! I have My doubts about being able to watch the game but then can’t not lol  Jesus I hope for this house’ sake that wolves do us a favour @TheBear pls pls pls lol 

I pray for a Vardy hatrick but I genuinely won’t be able to hide my joy and I think he’d not appreciate that lol  jokes aside tho ... I fear a VAR controversy, maybe see us having a nats dick off side or summat. God I hope I am wrong. 

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Odd that Taylor got to do a Manchester Utd game considering he's from Manchester...?

Definitely not a Man U fan then. 

• Haha 1

Even if we do manage to win I pray the club don't get carried away and let this paper over the cracks there still needs to be an enquiry to why we dropped off and it still needs to be solved. Otherwise the same problems will keep popping up like they have been doing.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I have a rather large dilemma. My lodger is a Utd fan ... and actually from the bloody city too. What do I do! I have My doubts about being able to watch the game but then can’t not lol  Jesus I hope for this house’ sake that wolves do us a favour @TheBear pls pls pls lol 

I pray for a Vardy hatrick but I genuinely won’t be able to hide my joy and I think he’d not appreciate that lol  jokes aside tho ... I fear a VAR controversy, maybe see us having a nats dick off side or summat. God I hope I am wrong. 

Evict the northern monkey tomorrow 

• Haha 2
Just now, shailen said:

Despite our bad form since lockdown, our hope form has actually been good. 7 points since football returned in 3 games. Need that to continue. 

The home game vs Brighton was disappointing but the other 2 where decent so hopefully this form carries on United ain’t all that

• Like 1
Just now, shailen said:

Despite our bad form since lockdown, our hope form has actually been good. 7 points since football returned in 3 games. Need that to continue. 

Hope form good, despair form bad. Got it.  Will we be in hope or despair on Sunday?

Well, today's results were about as good as we could realistically have hoped for.  Gods, though - wouldn't one more point look good right now...

Wolves could beat Chelsea - it's not a meaningless game for them - but I think the best approach to this game is "win and we're in".  We have to think we need 3 points, but I still think our best chance against MU is to lie deep and try and hit them on the counter.  It's an interesting tactical conundrum for a manager for whom tactics are a major weakness.

More convinced than before that 5 at the back should be abandoned for this 

Schmeichel

Justin

Evans

Morgan

Thomas

Ndidi

Choudhury

Tielemans 

Perez

Vardy

Barnes

Keep it tight for as long as possible. Play on the counter as long as possible until the game needs chasing. If we are out of the game by half time its a massive abdication of duty from Rodgers. This is one game where philosophy and style goes out the window. 

• Like 2

Sunday is only my birthday as well. I have a feeling we might pull out the kind of performance we need. Then again we might get battered. What excitement though. This game is massive. Season upon season it’s great drama with us. 

I'm hoping sunday Brendan is going to go "surprise" and out come Chilly, Madders, Ricardo etc...... They haven't been on social media much so maybe it's all a smokescreen! You can but dream! 😂  In all seriousness I'm quietly confident we can get something from this. Their defence isn't great - target Maguire! 

Go out all guns blazing! If we are going to lose then at least bust your guts doing it, if we lose and let them have the win I'll be really disappointed in them! 

Edited by Hales
  • Haha 2

Circumstances have changed a lot since the first meeting, when sitting back and respecting them too much was a huge mistake.  They've added a hugely significant player.  Their second half form is great, ours is terrible. They're pretty healthy, and we're decimated in the back line.  The way to approach this game is to absorb pressure and try to exploit their vulnerability to quick counterattacks.

I would go something like A 4-1-2-1-2.  Justin-Morgan-Evans-Albrighton (or Thomas if he's still out)-Ndidi-Praet-Tielemans-Perez-Kelechi-Vardy.  We wouldn't have much width but that gets us the maximum number of our healthy players in their best roles.  Praet and Tielemans together in midfield behind Perez in the #10 role gives us the best chance of not totally being starved of possession in the middle of the pitch, and two guys who are capable of executing long through balls to the strikers.

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If we sit deep and respect this Man United side and go out with a whimper I'll be sick.

If we bring the game to them, Rashford will destroy our high line. Their entire game right now is better when they're counterattacking. If we do press them hard we'll end up like against Spurs, or worse.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, casablancas said:

You haven't got a big dillema there...if He's a utd fan...And from manc...fair play....used to work with a lad from Salford....Just Shake hands!

If ole has any sense (starting to think he has a bit) he'll get them to sit back and soak up our 'pressure', and have pogba and Fernandes as a 2 pronged qb combo pinging balls over the top for martial, rashford and greenwood as a front 3. If United play this way I just don't see how we get anything from the game. 

I do hope Rodgers decides on not playing Bennett. Our game will hinge on how well Justin plays. If he can cover for Morgan, defend against Rashford well, and expose Williams, we will have a chance. We should pack the midfield, to bully Pogba and Fernandes.

My ridiculous, omen-led football brain sees the 5-3 result today, days before our biggest game in 4 years, as a sign that some sort of destiny is about to unfold.

Whether that's us drawing the game to pip Chelsea, rekindling the memory of THAT result with a win against Man Utd. to re-announce ourselves to the world, or the Mancs burying that demon to sh*t on our dreams and send us to play some farmers in Lithuania is a mystery to me.

Heart says 2, head says 3, chaotic neutral element of my ballsack says 1.

Edited by OntarioFox
4 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

If ole has any sense (starting to think he has a bit) he'll get them to sit back and soak up our 'pressure', and have pogba and Fernandes as a 2 pronged qb combo pinging balls over the top for martial, rashford and greenwood as a front 3. If United play this way I just don't see how we get anything from the game. 

I've been saying all season Ole was better than he was bring credit for.  It's not like he's been working with Klopp or Pep's talent pool.

Since United is through with a point, they should feel no pressure to take the game to us.  That's not good.

33 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If we sit deep and respect this Man United side and go out with a whimper I'll be sick.

I feel the same. I hope we will be going all out for nothing other than 3 points! It would be gutting to see us put in a pathetic performance considering united gifted us a lifeline last night.