Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

I hope Top is doing the team talk over zoom rather then Rodgers 

 

I picture Rodgers pre-match chat to be along the lines of
"Don't worry how you play today, I've done amazingly well to get you lot even close to 4th, so there's no real pressure for us to win today. Let's face it, man for man you don't deserve to be anywhere near the top end of the table and you're lucky that you've got a managerial genius like me in charge to make you look better than you actually are. Just don't embarrass me out there again, that's all I ask."

Couldn't agree more, this is how half the people on here would give a team talk.

 

"Don't worry, we are lucky to be 5th, yes we let a 14pt cushion slip, however, we've surpassed our expectations this season, so just go out and do your best.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Having just looked at some United fans' reactions post their match to West Ham, I'm suddenly filled with a small amount of hope where before there was none. They're apparently dead on their feet, all their players are very tired. If Pogba and Fernandes are ineffectual, that's a huge weight lifted off our shoulders.

They look beatable, for sure.

Dead on their feet is an over-reaction though - they were still putting good moves together all game and we'll have to be on the top of our game to nullify their attacking threat.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Martin Atkinson will be referee for United’s trip to Leicester City, while Paul Tierney will be in charge of VAR.

Assistants: Lee Betts, Constantine Hatzidakis. Fourth official: Oliver Langford. Replacement official: Robert Merchant. Assistant VAR: Peter Kirkup.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This has to be a counter attacking master class from our perspective.

 

Rodgers needs to earn his bread here, if we go up against these the same way we did against Spurs we’ll get slaughtered. Rashford, Greenwood and Martial attacking against a high line of Evans and Morgan makes me feel sick. 
 

Let Utd play in front of us, they are knackered make it hard and not easy for them. Vardy will get change out of Maguire and De Gea given half a chance. If we as fans can see this then certainly Rodgers can?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dames said:

This has to be a counter attacking master class from our perspective.

 

Rodgers needs to earn his bread here, if we go up against these the same way we did against Spurs we’ll get slaughtered. Rashford, Greenwood and Martial attacking against a high line of Evans and Morgan makes me feel sick. 
 

Let Utd play in front of us, they are knackered make it hard and not easy for them. Vardy will get change out of Maguire and De Gea given half a chance. If we as fans can see this then certainly Rodgers can?

This is true. he cannot influence the recovery of our  key players or do anything but deploy the players he has available to greatest effect against a side which on paper looks superior to ours in most areas. If however, he comes up second best in the tactical battle with OGS the club can expect a strongly worded letter ! :angry: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, surrifox said:

This is true. he cannot influence the recovery of our  key players or do anything but deploy the players he has available to greatest effect against a side which on paper looks superior to ours in most areas. If however, he comes up second best in the tactical battle with OGS the club can expect a strongly worded letter ! :angry: 

Regardless of your sarcasm the point is that Rodgers has to get this tactically right, something he has failed to do on multiple occasions this season when the pressure is on. Even with Injuries he hasn’t adapted the style of play, formation changes aside its still the same old style which has been sussed out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is that being perfectly fine with a draw, there's no reason for United to indulge us by allowing us to sit back and hit them on the counter.  It could indeed be an odd, stilted sort of game unless and until it gets to the hour mark and the results from Stamford Bridge show we need the win.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This game isn't only important for qualification for CL but it will have a huge impact on how well we do next year in the league. This game will near enough shape how well we do next season as we will be able to attract some proper talents. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

5 sub rule stacks odds more against us against ‘big’ teams. 
 

I think they’ll come at us hard from the kick off. It’s the old Man Utd way, which Solskjær must be tempted to do. Hopefully that will play to our strengths. We still know how to break. Vardy also thrives on a big game and this is ****ing massive!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SixtiesFox said:

We'll be massive underdogs on Sunday - just the way we like it! Can't wait to see the faces of those sycophantic pundits if we pull it off!

we are odds on not to lose, what are you on about?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

United have looked as shit as well, could really go either way. Just hope we go out swinging rather than already being defeated like on Sunday 

We really did go for it on Sunday. Unfortunately that played right into their hands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LCFCJ said:

This game isn't only important for qualification for CL but it will have a huge impact on how well we do next year in the league. This game will near enough shape how well we do next season as we will be able to attract some proper talents. 

Yeah for sure! Like when we last won the league and were in CL! Musa, Slimani, Hernandez, Kapustka, Wague.... But of course amongst all that success there was a failure in Ndidi. 

 

:ph34r:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, davieG said:

Martin Atkinson will be referee for United’s trip to Leicester City, while Paul Tierney will be in charge of VAR.

Assistants: Lee Betts, Constantine Hatzidakis. Fourth official: Oliver Langford. Replacement official: Robert Merchant. Assistant VAR: Peter Kirkup.

It's not Pawson, Mason or Taylor so this is a good start.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Do we know if Fuchs and Albrighton are still out?

Fuchs is out for another 11-13 weeks, he's ruptured a tendon in his groin.

 

Rodgers' press conference is tomorrow afternoon so we'll know then whether Albrighton is in contention.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll still hate it but I hope we just go out swinging. I want to see fight in the team. Watched Chelsea last night and happy they lost (opens up a second way through to the CL) but they kept fighting and showed spirit. I want to see that but with better defending lol. We can talk about CL will enable us to buy players but I want to feel confident in the fight/spirit of the players we have. More than anything that'll be important for how we do next season imo. 

This is BR biggest test. He's had a whole week to prepare a winning game-plan and drill the players (something MU wont have). We have major players out and how he adapts his plan to that will be interesting (I don't really envy him tbh). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If we make a game if it I'll be happy. My biggest fear is that it's a massive non event and we get bent over in our own back yard. We've only looked decent against sheff u and that was more about how bad they were. ****ing terrified. Sunday is ages away 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a dream last night about our formation and team selection... not quite the team Rodgers will pick I reckon! But here it is anyway (and I believe Fuchs is injured?

 

I remember dreaming that we have to play with a back four, and then it was a 4-4-2

 

 

                                              Vardy    Nacho

 

                 Thomas           Wilf            Tielemans          Grey

 

                       Fuchs      Morgan        Evans         Justin

 

                                              Schmeichel

 

That was all the dream was - finished after I had thought of that lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...