urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I know this is unlikely but what happens if Liverpool or Chelsea finish outside the top 4 but win the champions league? Will they go into the champions league as holders? How does it affect us if we finish top 4? 
Also what if we, spurs or Arsenal win the Europa league? You could have potentially 6 clubs from this country in the champions league. If us, Arsenal or spurs finish outside top 4. 

The maxium is 5 champions league teams and 7 teams in europe. So if Chelsea win the champions league but finish 5th then we would have 5 teams in the champions league and 2 in the europa league. I think thats correct?

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

So 61% of people thought correctly that it was a penalty then? And 1 in 4 people thought Liverpool were lucky not to have a man sent off.

I love the way they have broken up the it was a penalty into two choices to get themselves a headline.

Edited by Aus Fox
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Only five teams from one country can go into the Champions League.

If Chelsea win the CL and finish 7th for example and Arsenal with the Europa League and finish 9th then only the top three qualify from the league positions.

Can guarantee that happening and we finish 4th. 😂

23 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Only five teams from one country can go into the Champions League.

If Chelsea win the CL and finish 7th for example and Arsenal win the Europa League and finish 9th then only the top three qualify from the league positions.

Both European competition winners go into the CL regardless, both in Pot 1 as well.

Not gonna lie I hope we never see the 'if we finish 8th can we still get into Europe' threads ever again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, coolhandfox said:

Just bored of hear how amazing Potter is as a coach. 

Imagine what the media will say about their darling Scott Parker if Fulham stay up. I'm slightly biased because I live down here now, but Brighton is a really well run club, they treat their fans well and the Stadium doesn't cripple your knees like Craven Cottage.

44 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Imagine what the media will say about their darling Scott Parker if Fulham stay up. I'm slightly biased because I live down here now, but Brighton is a really well run club, they treat their fans well and the Stadium doesn't cripple your knees like Craven Cottage.

They are in debt to the owner too the tune of £306m, not sure that classes as well ran?

To be fair I've not managed Craven Cottage so another reason id like them to stay up. ;)

Edited by coolhandfox
9 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Still a penalty. No eyes on the ball or intention of playing it looking at that. 

goal Brighton. 

It’s one of those stupid - fouls outside the box, but rarely given inside. 

Still, some of the pens given this season make a mockery of this not being given by VAR. 

But we don’t know what’s been said during the game. If the ref tells them “yeah I saw that” VAR can’t overrule and give can they? 

5 minutes ago, casablancas said:

What a game this is. Lol. Well probably not for the Palace fans but Brighton look great. 

Palace fans are fuming