Jump to content
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Was it even a Wilder signing?

 

Apparently they're looking at getting a DoF in.

Yeah I heard he was going to be made "head coach" with a dof, he'll walk if that's the case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

You seem to ignore the fact Southampton don't have Quality on the bench to replace their injuries in the squad. So they found it harder to press wth youngsters who playing so quickly in the team.

I haven’t ignored anything . I just quoted a statistic and I don’t believe any amount of excuses about lack of cover would wash with most clubs’ managers in the face of a run of results like that 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I was there, it was hilarious. We ought to have a thread called 'times football made you laugh out loud'  - that Cup tie in the late 90s at home to Leeds, they absolutely battered us and then we scored 2 late goals. I swear the final whistle was met with laughter!

When Muzzy scored from long range after Nigel Martin mucked up a clearance? That made me laugh out loud.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

When Muzzy scored from long range after Nigel Martin mucked up a clearance? That made me laugh out loud.

Correct, soon followed by a calamitously given away penalty.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Brewster must be high on the list of worst Premier League signings. £23.5 million and no goals in 22 games.

Yet Another of their duff players unloaded by Liverpool for fancy money . Who do they think they are Leicester ?lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Wolves are a stain on the footballing world. Just a complete nothing. A footballing void.

I used to say they are just Burnley with a credit card. Recently I'm thinking that might be a bit harsh on Burnley. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Yeah I heard he was going to be made "head coach" with a dof, he'll walk if that's the case.

He made mention after the match about players needing to go, and not in the raising cash for new players category too from the tone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neto surely leaves in the summer. Wish it's to us but can see Man Utd or Liverpool going for him. He's not quite good enough for Man City who I'm sure have more elite targets in mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StanSP said:

Neto surely leaves in the summer. Wish it's to us but can see Man Utd or Liverpool going for him. He's not quite good enough for Man City who I'm sure have more elite targets in mind.

I don't like saying this as I hate it when people try to sell our players but he's too good for Wolves. He's ready to play at a higher level. Imagine how good he would be at a club who played good progressive football when you consider how good his is in this wolves team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Wolves are a stain on the footballing world. Just a complete nothing. A footballing void.

Two 7th place finishes, an FA Cup semi-final and a European Cup quarter-final says you're talking shite. 

 

Just because we've been rubbish this season doesn't make us a rubbish team. It's a unique season with no break from last season, after we played more football than anyone else. Plus losing Jimenez has hurt us even more. We're 5 points worse off compared to last season at the start of play today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Two 7th place finishes, an FA Cup semi-final and a European Cup quarter-final says you're talking shite. 

 

Just because we've been rubbish this season doesn't make us a rubbish team. It's a unique season with no break from last season, after we played more football than anyone else. Plus losing Jimenez has hurt us even more. We're 5 points worse off compared to last season at the start of play today. 

You've always been horrible to watch since you came up. You're just missing the 2 players that carried your 8 man defence.

 

No idea how you can watch that and enjoy it

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

 

If one our players had missed that, I would remember it with bitterness 20 years later.

 

 

It wasnt actually that easy, full stretch and he had no control.

 

A far cry from Iwelumo v Norway for sure :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...