urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I doubt it with 50m to count

Yeah true, but it can't be easy seeing your former team mates smashing it though and then not even getting the chance to play. He is a confidence player after all!

Edited by Hales
  • Like 2

Equally still giggling about the earlier result. It's also why these "run-in analyses" are such dross based on average league positions. What you want, is to play mid table dross and not relegation fodder. Motivated players fighting for survival (and not having a wage reduction) is significant. 

• Like 1

About the West Brom result...

Wonderful for us, and I hope we can capitalise on it today, but can I just remind everyone we lost to Fulham at home this season?

Just goes to show there is no room for complacency in the PL, even against teams in the bottom 3. Chelsea were complacent. They won’t make the same mistake again this season I reckon.

We mustn’t either in any of our remaining games this season.

43 minutes ago, car1os said:

About the West Brom result...

Wonderful for us, and I hope we can capitalise on it today, but can I just remind everyone we lost to Fulham at home this season?

Just goes to show there is no room for complacency in the PL, even against teams in the bottom 3. Chelsea were complacent. They won’t make the same mistake again this season I reckon.

We mustn’t either in any of our remaining games this season.

It’s irrelevant what our mindset is, we’re not the players. And we’re laughing at Chelsea even though we did it earlier in the season because we’re not Chelsea fans.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Almost a lovely goal by Leeds. Jagielka should have known better with his og, he must be up there on the all time premier league og standings?

Yep

282263704_Screenshot_20210403-171720_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.3b934c97df9acd750c9b637941a872f3.jpg

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Wasn't he one of the players who tested positive?

Thats what I read but even if wasnt then surely he has to self isolate like Cags had to? He was Cags' centre back partner in their last game so you would think similar rules apply to both of them.

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Thats what I read but even if wasnt then surely he has to self isolate like Cags had to? He was Cags' centre back partner in their last game so you would think similar rules apply to both of them.

I'd have thought so, I'm sure someone on here posted a tweet saying Kabak had tested positive.

8 minutes ago, Nalis said:

How come Kabak is playing for Liverpool but we couldnt play Cags?

If he had tested positive then he wouldn’t be able to play today unless it was more than ten days ago and he had tested negative 

there’s more to the cags story ...... the assumption is that’s he’s either tested positive or elected not to come back and to isolate in Turkey where he can’t be tested to rejoin our bubble. I presume the former. 

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

I'd have thought so, I'm sure someone on here posted a tweet saying Kabak had tested positive.

He can’t have done (or if he did it was a false positive and he’s subsequently had neg test). He played Tuesday evening.