urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

14 minutes ago, Langston said:

Really dislike Fletcher's pub know-it-all style commentary. It's not his job to offer insight.

He's best mates with Carl Froch, I've come to expect no less

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Matt said:

Villa pissing about at the back, honestly, when are teams gonna learn?

When is this dire, crappy backwards, sideways, playing out from the back, pOsSeSiOn BaSeD fOoTbAlL going to **** off? I honestly don’t understand why people think it’s so good, all it leads to is mistakes even within the top teams, with the top players. I don’t get it.

No it doesn’t mean I wanna see route one, smash it up but the insistence to pass sideways or backwards certainly isn’t the way forward, literally.

Easy to pick out the individual mistakes at the back in a style of play rather than the ball breaking down in the same system in midfield or attack. Now I know if it happens in the latter then it's further away from your goal and therefore less likely to then put your team in danger but its the nature of the beast.

Risk and reward, retention of the ball means the opposition is less likely to have it. Hoofing it up pitch doesn't mean you've the same chance of retaining possession, hence why football has evolved.

Now you could say, it's about knowing when to play the ball or clear it, but you have to have a footballing principle and style integrated in to then reap the benefits of it. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Brighton always play very good football. Their strikers have really let them down this season, their build up play should have them comfortably in mid table.

Exactly. If they could finish they'd be a Europe prospect. Just see the stats for their matches against Palace this season, and yet Palace won both games.

36 minutes ago, Langston said:

Really dislike Fletcher's pub know-it-all style commentary. It's not his job to offer insight.

Had a go at running a football club too, got Notts County relegated out of the football league 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Had a go at running a football club too, got Notts County relegated out of the football league 

Really?! I knew he was local to Nottingham but had no clue about this

Just now, weller54 said:

Typical of all seagulls..

You trust them..

then they shit on you!!

Anyone who trusts a seagull -- or BHA -- deserves to be cleaning the poop off his hat.

For all their nice football, Brighton really lack steel don't they? I'd imagine United will wrap this one up soon.