urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

There's only Wolves v Sheffield United at 3pm in the Premier League, that will probably be shunted to 8pm now.

EFL to be split between 12.30pm and 5.30pm I reckon. Complete overkill but there you go.

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

There's only Wolves v Sheffield United at 3pm in the Premier League, that will probably be shunted to 8pm now.

EFL to be split between 12.30pm and 5.30pm I reckon. Complete overkill but there you go.

I don't think it's that much of a big deal. If fans were going, it probably would be an absolute mess. 

Pages of pointless speculation about an alleged party instead of pages of pointless speculation about the starting XI/formation/tactics. 

Can we do this every pre-match thread?

• Haha 2
23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't think it's that much of a big deal. If fans were going, it probably would be an absolute mess. 

Agreed.

If fans were attending, it wouldn’t be happening.

14 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Agreed.

If fans were attending, it wouldn’t be happening.

I think they would still move games tbh  to show a mark of respect.

Football isn't looked on too fondly by those who don't like it so reckon they would have been under pressure to not play at 3pm.

You can just see the reaction if a big game of football had gone ahead getting all the attention whilst the Queen's husband was getting buried.

Matt Hancock would have probably been wheeled out to criticise footballers again. 

Mind you the shops/cafes etc will probably still be open as normal so you could say why not sporting action? (footballers just doing their job like a shop worker) 

Edited by Super_horns

Don't really know how Jamie redknapp could argue against spurs having a soft under belly there. Seemed like he was arguing for the sake of it. I'm sure he's said they've got a softness about them loads of times aswell. 

10 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I think they would still move games tbh  to show a mark of respect.

Football isn't looked on too fondly by those who don't like it so reckon they would have been under pressure to not play at 3pm.

You can just see the reaction if a big game of football had gone ahead getting all the attention whilst the Queen's husband was getting buried.

Matt Hancock would have probably been wheeled out to criticise footballers again. 

Mind you the shops/cafes etc will probably still be open as normal so you could say why not sporting action? (footballers just doing their job like a shop worker) 

Yeah that’s a good shout to be fair. I was thinking, none would’ve been broadcasted live if the fans were in. But yeah, a standstill hour for mourning is probably what the higher echelons probably want. Personally, I’m not totally against it. Although after such a sh!t time we’ve all been through, to dictate how the nation spends their Saturday, after a week of work seems a unfair and I can see both sides. 

Yes - wouldn't surprise me if games just kick off at 4 instead.

Cannot see much of a delay - hardly any room to fit games in as it is!

I remember there was an almighty fuss when it was Diana’s funeral as Scotland  wanted to play an International match on the same day and wouldn’t move it but eventually relented.

Edited by Super_horns
17 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Anyone else looking at these two starting line-ups and thinking 'how the hell is this a Premier league match?' 

Every chance it will be a pl fixture next season as well