urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 hours ago, brucey said:

All this criticism of Levy is over the top.

One should admire an executive who doesn't refuse the dirty work.

LevyBarrel.JPG.a51088deb40e81996d850503a3f709ca.JPG

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The Times reporting 500 away fans allowed at the last two games of the season. So be Chelsea away for us 

Clubs should be solely focused on getting as many home fans in for their match in May.

Focus on away fans for next season, home fans are the only priority now.

• Like 1

When you come to her door with flowers and a ring … and she responds by grabbing her boyfriend and heading off to the bedroom … that would actually be a rejection, yes lol

• Haha 3

Imagine going from Jose to bielsa... literally complete opposites. 

First meeting, forget absolutely everything you’ve been doing for the last year. 

im replacing Kane with lord Bamford... and for the love of god get dier as far away from this club as humanly possible 

7 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Actually starting to feel a little bad for Spurs fans.  Not that long ago they had one of the most exciting young squads in Europe, an outstanding young manager, regular European football and were about to move into one of the best stadiums in the world.  Now they've got the stadium but they've barely been able to sit in it.  Their squad's aging without being adequately refreshed with younger talent (indeed their last major signing was to bring Bale in as the 3rd oldest member of the team, 2nd oldest non-GK) and thanks to stadium debt and covid they lack the funds for a big rebuild of the squad.  On top of it all their enterprising young manager got binned off for struggling with the mounting squad imbalance and was replaced with a dinosaur who didn't really improve things but at least reached another cup final... at which point they too got the sack, mere moments after the club had announced its desires to join the mutinous 6 in the ESL...

Now after all that and with no European football on the horizon they're finding that no top managers in good jobs want to touch their club with a barge-pole, where do they actually go from here?

Championship with a bit of luck :D

7 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Actually starting to feel a little bad for Spurs fans.  Not that long ago they had one of the most exciting young squads in Europe, an outstanding young manager, regular European football and were about to move into one of the best stadiums in the world.  Now they've got the stadium but they've barely been able to sit in it.  Their squad's aging without being adequately refreshed with younger talent (indeed their last major signing was to bring Bale in as the 3rd oldest member of the team, 2nd oldest non-GK) and thanks to stadium debt and covid they lack the funds for a big rebuild of the squad.  On top of it all their enterprising young manager got binned off for struggling with the mounting squad imbalance and was replaced with a dinosaur who didn't really improve things but at least reached another cup final... at which point they too got the sack, mere moments after the club had announced its desires to join the mutinous 6 in the ESL...

Now after all that and with no European football on the horizon they're finding that no top managers in good jobs want to touch their club with a barge-pole, where do they actually go from here?

Would tend to agree, despite my jesting at their expense, and with regards to the Super League, I wonder what Poch would have done were he still manager at that point. He seemed principled, but guess you never know. :dunno:

2 hours ago, surrifox said:

That might actually work - he could get a tune out of that toxic shiteshow of a club 

Exactly what I’ve been thinking. Could see Lo Celso and Ndombele in particular becoming fantastic players under his management. 

A lot of that squad is still Pochettino’s and he comes from the Bielsa school of coaching - I think their squad is suited much more to playing front foot football than Mourinho’s tactics. 

With Son’s work rate as well could see him thriving under Bielsa, and further to this: I think he’d manage to negate the over-hanging, and very difficult task of Harry Kane inevitably departing with how he structures his teams to be a threat from all areas of attack. 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Imagine going from Jose to bielsa... literally complete opposites. 

First meeting, forget absolutely everything you’ve been doing for the last year. 

im replacing Kane with lord Bamford... and for the love of god get dier as far away from this club as humanly possible 

As a disclaimer - I know you’re not saying you’re agreeing or disagreeing with my point from the comment about the first meeting (I totally agree) but look at Ten Haag, Rangnick, and many of the other names linked. They all seem to set their teams up in styles that differ very much to Jose’s.

I think Tottenham realise that the style of football that Mourinho was employing isn’t going to get them where they would ideally like to be. Pochettino built this squad as a side that are suited to playing possession football on the front foot, so I don’t think that the players would have much trouble adapting to that way of playing after a year under Mourinho.

It was always a reputation appointment rather than one where they looked at it and thought ‘this man is gonna get the best out of our players’

Edited by pmcla26

Okay, so another big day of football ahead of us today.

Here’s what I am hoping for:

Man City V Crystal Palace - Palace win, let Man Utd go into their game with Liverpool still thinking there’s a slight sniff of Man City bottling it.

Leeds V Brighton - Leeds win, Leeds still have an outside chance of reaching 7th spot, get a win today and fire them up to do over Spurs next week.

Chelsea V Fulham - Come on the cottagers - snatch a point from the rich kids down the road.

Everton V Villa - Come on the Villa!!! They play Everton twice, Spurs, Chelsea and Man Utd if they can get some end of season form, they can really help us out.

Anyone know when Grealish is back?

• Like 1
16 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Bielsa to Spurs if he doesn’t extend at Leeds

Are you quite mad?  He's done this with every contract forever.  Big suggestion he may sign for two years this time though, which would be something he's never done.

Edited by Pub breath