urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 hours ago, deep blue said:

I don't get this.  No matter who calls if off (and I suspect Man U forced the police to do it by not taking the decision themselves and just waiting) the offence was the same and was committed by ManU -  they failed to provide adequate security thus enabling the stadium to be breached.

I think I read it in the Liverpool Echo. Doubt if they're unbiased but they quoted a law or rule which said this. I agree with your view, but I could see Man U suing the PL if they deducted points, which is probably why they will never even try do so. How would they prove that they were waiting for the police to cancel it? Anyway it's Man U. They're bound to be more lenient towards one of the "big teams."

33 minutes ago, enmac said:

I think I read it in the Liverpool Echo. Doubt if they're unbiased but they quoted a law or rule which said this. I agree with your view, but I could see Man U suing the PL if they deducted points, which is probably why they will never even try do so. How would they prove that they were waiting for the police to cancel it? Anyway it's Man U. They're bound to be more lenient towards one of the "big teams."

What’re they going to do... form their own league or something?:ph34r:

• Haha 3

Bit off topic but european agent Mahrez was right on it last night ,Very unusual to see him in the tunnel at half time giving the players some words and then running out first .Even got well upset with a PSG player near the end after a shirt pulling captain had to calm him down.

Over to agent Kante

2 hours ago, dynamark said:

Bit off topic but european agent Mahrez was right on it last night ,Very unusual to see him in the tunnel at half time giving the players some words and then running out first .Even got well upset with a PSG player near the end after a shirt pulling captain had to calm him down.

Over to agent Kante

Makes you realise what a player Mahrez is. We miss the little grumpy tw@t. 

• Like 3

True we wouldnt have a problem with the right wide position .He still doesnt get into the tackle but nicks a few balls back and keeps team shape.

Friday getting closer 

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Makes you realise what a player Mahrez is. We miss the little grumpy tw@t. 

Great player but a brat! 

38 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Great player but a brat! 

Can't disagree, ruined his image the way he left and what's been reported since, but a player like him, in our current squad, I firmly believe is the difference between being genuine title contenders and top 4 candidates. 

Would have been hard to keep up with Man City this season but just imagine him playing in a three with Maddison and Barnes just behind Vardy. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

No away fans this season .

Could do us a favour playing our final game against Spuds with a 100% partisan crowd :brendan:

Though I do hope it doesn't come down to us needing three points by then!

38 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Could do us a favour playing our final game against Spuds with a 100% partisan crowd :brendan:

Though I do hope it doesn't come down to us needing three points by then!

#prayforperez 

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

What did he get sent off for? Denying a goalscorer opportunity or serious foul play?

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What did he get sent off for? Denying a goalscorer opportunity or serious foul play?

Goalscoring opportunity

I’m bemused as to how anyone can say that wasn’t a clear goal scoring opportunity. Yes he won the ball, there is no way you can’t say that Vardy wouldn’t have nipped in front of the goalkeeper to either get around him or may have caused collision leading to a possible penalty without the follow through from Vestergaard. He’d be one on one. :dunno:

Edited by stu
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, stu said:

I’m bemused as to how anyone can say that wasn’t a clear goal scoring opportunity. Yes he won the ball, there is no way you can’t say that Vardy wouldn’t have nipped in front of the goalkeeper to either get around him or may have caused collision leading to a possible penalty without the follow through from Vestergaard. He’d be one on one. :dunno:

That was my argument..... to me it was a clear goal scoring opportunity. It was also a dangerous lunge, he could have broken Vardy’s ankle. I think it’s stupid it’s been over turned. It was a dirty foul and denied Vardy a goal scoring opportunity like you say. 

• Like 2

The argument from many of the pundits at the time appears to have been:

If you touch the ball first, any subsequent contact is fair game.  Break some bones, why don't you?

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

For me, that's the correct decision. Did it even go to VAR on the night? My coverage suggested not. 

As it was a red card it should have done. I think it did. 

That also means Utd play on

6th May

9th May

11th May

13th May

We surely have to take advantage of that. Massively.

• Like 2