19 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

I like Clive Tyldesley and Ally McCoist as a commentator duo, feels like a World Cup game. 

I liked his intro at the beginning of the game where he was telling you about the sound options 

“you can listen to crowd noise or if you want to listen to the natural noise and listen to millionaires swear at each other that is also an option”

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The whole thing is just so against the spirit of the game. How do people genuinely think this is good for the game?

The fact they keep changing it every year just proves how clueless they are. Is the end goal for football to be about refereeing decisions? It will always play a part but it's playing far too big a part now. The introduction of VAR has taken it to a sickening level.

It's not but then VAR was never going to be universally successful or popular in a sport where players are encouraged to bend rules and gain unfair advantages. It will clear up some errors but subjective decisions will still occur.

As I've said before, I don't have huge sympathy for the clubs and managers who pushed for the technology. The fact is, nobody has come out after a match in which their side benefitted from an incorrect decision and said "I'd sacrifice that goal which won the game for the right decision", but they are straight out to claim decisions cost seasons and jobs. We're having to put up with this because people could not accept decisions going against them, wanting those corrected and ignoring the possibility that they've be hit by the reverse situation.

Time now for everyone to decide what they want- VAR or no VAR. The game will adapt, we've all got on with it for 140 years without technology, people do get over bad decisions but the short-termist nature has lead to this.

Just now, Corky said:

It's not but then VAR was never going to be universally successful or popular in a sport where players are encouraged to bend rules and gain unfair advantages. It will clear up some errors but subjective decisions will still occur.

As I've said before, I don't have huge sympathy for the clubs and managers who pushed for the technology. The fact is, nobody has come out after a match in which their side benefitted from an incorrect decision and said "I'd sacrifice that goal which won the game for the right decision", but they are straight out to claim decisions cost seasons and jobs. We're having to put up with this because people could not accept decisions going against them, wanting those corrected and ignoring the possibility that they've be hit by the reverse situation.

Time now for everyone to decide what they want- VAR or no VAR. The game will adapt, we've all got on with it for 140 years without technology, people do get over bad decisions but the short-termist nature has lead to this.

I wanted VAR mainly to prevent officials from handing man united ridiculous victories... But apparently, VAR doesn't stop that.

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I for one think the football over the last couple of weeks has made for sensational viewing. I don’t get the whole narrative that the game has been ruined, it’s more exciting than ever!

VAR does add drama, premier League football is better on TV but in the stadium itself it has took something away.

31 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

The rule is that something can be reviewed  if it happened immediately before the halftime/final whistle, I mean it makes sense to allow a check to happen that would have happened at any other point in the game. Tbf Kavannagh messed up cos he's only supposed to blow once and put his finger to his ear but I can't see how people think a check shouldn't take place just cos it happened right at the end.

It’s not that people don’t think a check should happen near the end it’s that he blew the final whistle. except it’s no longer the final whistle now, apparently.

28 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

VAR does add drama, premier League football is better on TV but in the stadium itself it has took something away.

In a time with no fans in stadiums though I've been amazed by how much I've enjoyed the football. Watching 10 matches a weekend wouldn't be possible for me if the games weren't excellent viewing.

• Like 1
Just now, twister said:

i am not watching to angry after the brighton game

sounds another cluster show from the refs.

Everton got a pen from the ball hitting Ward's hand from about a yard away. Nothing he could do about it. DCL more or less caught a shot with plenty of time to avoid it. Nothing doing.

28 minutes ago, MPH said:

It’s not that people don’t think a check should happen near the end it’s that he blew the final whistle. except it’s no longer the final whistle now, apparently.

The incident happened before that. I don’t see the issue.

30 minutes ago, MPH said:

For VAR to intervene it's meant to be a clear and obvious error, many of which will be because the ref hasn't seen it, I suspect Kavanagh didn't realise it hit his arm. So it seems rather unfair that in blowing his whistle because he hasn't seen something, a team shouldn't get the benefit of VAR because it happened right at the end of the game.