13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I spent my teens watching us lose 1-0 every week with the likes of Elvis Hammond supplying Mark De Vries. I'm sure young Burnley fans will be fine.

This is the reason that I still enjoy our premier league adventure, even if things don’t go how I hope they will. What we are doing now as a whole is still light years away from what other clubs could dream of.

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I spent my teens watching us lose 1-0 every week with the likes of Elvis Hammond supplying Mark De Vries. I'm sure young Burnley fans will be fine.

I spent my teens supporting Woking, surrounded by Chelsea, Manure, Liverpool and Spurs fans.  I saw the light when I went to DMU in 95-99.  

• Like 2

Not a big fan of Hodgson but he's got a point..

Roy Hodgson says the "nonsense" handball law that led to a penalty against Joel Ward in Crystal Palace's 2-1 defeat by Everton is "ruining the game".

"It's completely unacceptable. It's destroying my enjoyment of the game of football," said Hodgson.

"I can't understand how everyone in the game - the Premier League, referees, managers and coaches - have allowed this rule to come into operation.

"I don't want to profit from it or lose from it."

Hodgson also believes the decision to penalise Ward sets a dangerous precedent for the future of the game.

"I predict what will happen is players will start flicking the ball onto a hand and screaming 'handball'," added the 73-year-old.

"I do not believe in the rule. People in football find it hard to accept. The referee doesn't think it is handball either. He doesn't want to give it but has to, because that's what he is told to do."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54311532

• Like 4

Burnley have done well playing crap football and finding an effective, if boring style of play.

They are an established premier league team because of it.

Dyche would have to have a top notch scouting network and coaches matched by facilities and finances not to mention being able to attract good players to an unfashionable club if he were to achieve much more with them.

Edited by Royston.
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I don't understand how there wasn't bigger uproar on that penalty. The whistle had gone 

The whistle went after the incident, I just thought the player was too close to get his hand out of the way. Utd were very lucky 

Actually I’ve stated the obvious of course the final whistle went after the incident 😂 

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson
5 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

I was out, so I missed it. Sounds like they were very fortunate to do so. 

It's worth watching the highlights on MOTD. They give a pretty accurate reflection - except they had to show UTD goals so it is if anything spending more time on them than they deserve.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

The whistle went after the incident, I just thought the player was too close to get his hand out of the way. Utd were very lucky 

I get that, but whistles gone, the games ended. 

7 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Wasn’t there a game last season in a foreign league where the teams were actually in at HT and the ref brought them back out for a penalty? 

In Germany.

I think it was handball this time in the Brighton game but again creates controversy.

Just think if that happens in May in a vital match.

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Mostly against Burnley.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
33 minutes ago, Corky said:

Mostly against Burnley.

Every single year at the Walkers stadium, Leicester 0 Burnley 1. The games were the same every year. We'd start off 'strong' aka having most of the ball, create a couple of half chances, they'd take the handbrake off about half an hour in take control and score just before half time. Then we'd spend all the 2nd half huffing and puffing against a comfortable defence and not getting remotely near scoring, in fact they usually missed a golden chance to get a second round about the 85th minute. ****ing dark times.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Always to bloody Burnley as well funnily enough.