Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Leicester City are top of the Premier League! Surely any players we are interested in will take note of this and its gonna sway their decision in the 'should I join them???' stakes.

Guess Burnley are going to be a centreback light in the next 8 days or so?!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

lol oh dear! 

 

Bayern and Man City lose by 3 today and now Wolves! Bad day for the elite clubs 

I saw it mentioned on Twitter that the clubs who finished their seasons the latest have struggled the most in the last week or two. Not an excuse but some context.

 

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

Wolves are fine until they're expected to win most of the time. Their style of play is too passive to go beyond 6th or 7th

It obviously didn't make the mainstream media but Nuno has made plenty of noises since the start of the season that he knows we are at the start of a "new cycle" and we need to move to a style with more possession and more dominance in games. That's why he was happy to let Jota and Doherty go. Obviously it's not gonna happen overnight though. Neves has Ben playing noticeably higher and Moutinho has looked jaded, which has left gaps in front of the defence. I'm sure he'll find a solution. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I saw it mentioned on Twitter that the clubs who finished their seasons the latest have struggled the most in the last week or two. Not an excuse but some context.

 

It obviously didn't make the mainstream media but Nuno has made plenty of noises since the start of the season that he knows we are at the start of a "new cycle" and we need to move to a style with more possession and more dominance in games. That's why he was happy to let Jota and Doherty go. Obviously it's not gonna happen overnight though. Neves has Ben playing noticeably higher and Moutinho has looked jaded, which has left gaps in front of the defence. I'm sure he'll find a solution. 

Potentially. Although you started the season OK didn't you so not sure about that to be honest

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Potentially. Although you started the season OK didn't you so not sure about that to be honest

We scored two in the first 6 mins against Sheff Utd as we deliberately wanted to start fast. After that it's been fairly average to poor. Probably should have got an equaliser against Man City. 

 

I think the stat was something like 3 wins out of the last 11 games won for the European clubs who finished late.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wymsey said:

 

 

Which makes their comments even more salty.

 

They should have enough quality to break teams down.

 

If they don't think teams should be defensive then they shouldn't play the game.

 

State of that club. They are all like spoilt kids because they've come into a bit of money. Fans right through to players it seems. 

 

Yes, as you can tell, I can't stand them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wymsey said:

 

 

My favourite bit about that is that only two of them are any good and one of them he never plays! (Laporte and Angelino)

 

 

*Walker is starting to fall back for me now... but yes was excellent.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Disclaimer - I know I am getting WAY ahead of myself. However...

 

We won the league in a season where all the big beasts were in transition, and Spurs emerged and thought that was their best chance in a generation. How we laughed.

 

And now, we have this odd situation, created by CV19, and for whatever reasons our squad looks settled and cohesive, what went before seems to have created resolve rather than doubt - the players have remembered that they're good and decided to learn from the collapse rather than implode, and the signs are that BR has too. Nobody with the big spends has had a pre-season to bed players in, and Everton have emerged......so I'm just wondering......could Everton be the new media darlings who are destined to be our next victims?

 

The parallels are not exact, but it feels like a combination of  post Deeney-Day & post Great Escape somehow.

 

I now dread the point at which this turns out to be way wide of the mark, and someone quotes me and says 'you silly arse', but I can dream, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

SSN getting ever more desperate for Sancho to join Man United. The obligatory reporter in Dortmund for no apparent reason, no bid made, no bid accepted and Solkehol and Baldy still sure that Dortmund will cave in despite no reasons to suggest it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Disclaimer - I know I am getting WAY ahead of myself. However...

 

We won the league in a season where all the big beasts were in transition, and Spurs emerged and thought that was their best chance in a generation. How we laughed.

 

And now, we have this odd situation, created by CV19, and for whatever reasons our squad looks settled and cohesive, what went before seems to have created resolve rather than doubt - the players have remembered that they're good and decided to learn from the collapse rather than implode, and the signs are that BR has too. Nobody with the big spends has had a pre-season to bed players in, and Everton have emerged......so I'm just wondering......could Everton be the new media darlings who are destined to be our next victims?

 

The parallels are not exact, but it feels like a combination of  post Deeney-Day & post Great Escape somehow.

 

I now dread the point at which this turns out to be way wide of the mark, and someone quotes me and says 'you silly arse', but I can dream, right?

3 games in is way to early to suggest its even remotely possible to win the league.

I don’t believe the big teams are in transition this year.

Liverpool will get 90+ again in my opinion, Chelsea will click and Arsenal will be a lot better. Man City are in transition but are still stronger by a mile compared to 15/16.

 

We’ll have to get 90+ to win the league, not 81 like we did in 15/16.

If 10 games in we are still right up there then you never know but for me , despite a fantastic win vs a title favourite, we need to back it up.

If we beat both West ham and Villa then I’ll sit up.

Not to be negative but it’s so typical of us to go win at City then lose/draw at home to West Ham.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Derby could finally get rid of that unwanted record this season. Other than Mitrovic and maybe Cairney they have nothing about them 

 

Edit: obviously we'll give them some charity points because it's us

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...