Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So putting all the Sept fixtures on was just to take the steam out of the protests knowing any protest movement would have to start from scratch to get any momentum going again. All planned in the Boardrooms of Sky/BT and Amazon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they'll be enough pressure from football to allow a certain percentage of fans in soon. Rightly or wrongly. 

 

Government will be reluctant though considering the shit they got for allowing fans in march. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the big clubs are a strong voice in the ear of the PL and rights holders against broadcasting all matches.

 

Each club gets an equal share (last season £31.8M) from the domestic TV deal, plus “facility fees” depending the number of times broadcast.  Liverpool earned facility fees of £31M.  Outside the big money six, Newcastle and Everton made the most @ about £20M.  The three relegated clubs made only £11.3M each.

 

Surely if all matches are broadcast, the whole TV pot is distributed equally, Liverpool down to Fulham?  That would not be popular in certain quarters.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul Scholes being a man child as per.

 

They're being dropped for 3 fixtures that mean absolutely nothing.

They'll serve their punishment and be involved next time. This comes 2 weeks after OGS etc was complaining Greenwood needed a rest. Lets remind ourselves that they broke the rules in a global pandemic everyone is fighting.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Paul Scholes being a man child as per.

 

They're being dropped for 3 fixtures that mean absolutely nothing.

They'll serve their punishment and be involved next time. This comes 2 weeks after OGS etc was complaining Greenwood needed a rest. Lets remind ourselves that they broke the rules in a global pandemic everyone is fighting.

Scholes annoys me. You never heard a peep out of him when he was playing. Now, he can't stop guffing out his mouth.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised to see many Chelsea fans have turned on Lampard. Like legitimately turned on him. They don't rate him and want him out. 

 

Lampard did well to get them top 4 but this season the pressure is well and truly on.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing that's linked to Thiago getting it. So could we see other Liverpool players getting it now as well?

 

I transferred him in to my Fantasy League team as well this morning ffs lollol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dorkingfox said:

Always the same old rubbish, media is so crap and bias 

It's a survey and yougov aren't part of the media. 

 

A stupid idea though because supporters will vote for their team and definitely not for any team they hate and people who don't follow football will just vote for the big names. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's a survey and yougov aren't part of the media. 

 

A stupid idea though because supporters will vote for their team and definitely not for any team they hate and people who don't follow football will just vote for the big names. 

Yep, people are idiots! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Koke said:

I'm surprised to see many Chelsea fans have turned on Lampard. Like legitimately turned on him. They don't rate him and want him out. 

 

Lampard did well to get them top 4 but this season the pressure is well and truly on.


It was always a risk really given he was essentially a sentimental appointment.

 

I think he did a decent enough job last season, but his only managerial experience before that was a mediocre stint at Derby. 
 

Media were pretty enthusiastic as well at the start but they are more than capable of turning on ‘Frank’ if they want. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

No chance the media turn on Lampard but I find it incredible that someone who competed and won things at the very top level of the sport has his head inhabited by opposition managers so easily. He's been made to look a bit of an arse by Bielsa, Klopp and Mourinho recently.

Lampard messed it up by buying in this transfer period and spending over 200m. At latter part of last season he really got their existing players particularly the youngsters to bond and defined their roles in the game's. With all the new player's coming in they don't know each other and linking between them on the pitch has suffered.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

No chance the media turn on Lampard but I find it incredible that someone who competed and won things at the very top level of the sport has his head inhabited by opposition managers so easily. He's been made to look a bit of an arse by Bielsa, Klopp and Mourinho recently.

He’s still a very inexperienced manager. Clubs like Chelsea need world class managers, which he was never going to be, especially this early in his career as a manager. He’s done alright, better than I thought to be honest, but it’s like they put all their money on him being the next Pep on the sole reason he used to play for the club. Hardly showed he was a genius in an average season at Derby.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...