58 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Everton look very strong.

Yes I agree, but I wonder if they say that about us. Similar start fixture wise to us. Played away and won at a traditional top 6 team. Beaten a promoted team by 3 goals (albeit against 10 men for a full half) and have beaten 2 mid to lower half teams. If we beat West Ham today, I would like to think the rest of the League might take us seriously.

5 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Yes I agree, but I wonder if they say that about us. Similar start fixture wise to us. Played away and won at a traditional top 6 team. Beaten a promoted team by 3 goals (albeit against 10 men for a full half) and have beaten 2 mid to lower half teams. If we beat West Ham today, I would like to think the rest of the League might take us seriously.

Regardless of today's result, I think the PL coaches all take us seriously. When the bit is between our teeth, we are capable of inflicting morale sapping defeats and I genuinely think other teams are wary of this.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I'm confused. I don't think the Sterling comment is anything bad? It purely could just be a preference. I don't think it's a dig at us and I think some fans of ours like to make everything about us... 

We'd obviously all prefer to play against teams that suited our game, but given the Man City comments recently you can understand that we feel we might've been in the discussion.

Watching the Leeds highlights, some game that looked. Have to admire Leeds playing that way against them. Despite all the plaudits for it, the fact remains we set up far more negatively in shape but ultimately or tactics enabled us to win 5-2. 

Guardiola having a dig at full time about Leeds looking to play, and they did, but only a point for it. 

The only gripe I'd have is that when weve played open and gone toe-to-toe with them we get comfortably beaten. Yet we have better players than Leeds? May be the momentum of playing that way for a couple of years still driving them on to over achieve. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

He was asked 'do you enjoy that sort of contest' after their game yesterday. 

His response was  'I think that's a great way to play, I prefer playing against teams like that than, you know, teams sitting 11 behind the ball' 

No mention of us or specifically their previous game anyway. 

Aaah I see. I honestly think that Man City and a lot of the press didn't cognitively accept or acknowledge what we did to them last week. It was as if the frustration and bitterness of when teams come and defend and spoil kicked in instead of actually admitting to what they were subjected to. 

Man City took the game to us in the opening 25-30 mins, just like they did vs Leeds. The difference was that we picked Man City off with a style of play that was efficiency personified. Leeds didn't change from how they play and in cases like this its as if adapting to the situation and getting a result is a kind of dirty tactic, yet when a team struggles against a stubborn opposition and don't have another plan then they are criticised for being too predictable.

Not that it really matters, let's keep pissing people off again. Hopefully the penny has dropped for Rodgers as that blend of the way we play depending on the opposition could be lethal.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Jimmy Lad said:

Everton are a side full of big physical players.. a lot of sides will struggle to defend crosses against them. One of LCFC’s biggest weaknesses. Three of the 4 goals we’ve conceded have come from crosses, the 4th as a result of a headed clearance, again from a cross.

And there we go... again