The problem isn't that it's a nose-hair offside. I actually don't have a problem with those ones. The problem is that it's not offside full stop. Look at the stills of that ffs, state of those lines.

• Like 2

We've had hairline calls like that since the start of last season, why all the talk about the game being finished now? 

Is that the first VAR call to cost Liverpool points? 

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

The problem isn't that it's a nose-hair offside. I actually don't have a problem with those ones. The problem is that it's not offside full stop. Look at the stills of that ffs, state of those lines.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Which part of him that he can score with is offside?

Angle they've given us doesn't do any favours at all

People complain about laws that can be interpreted in different ways but offside is about the only black and white rule. Offside is offside for me. Wouldnt be mad if that was against us and would be if it wasn't given against a team we were playing :dunno:

I mean before this was bought in and people would have a toe off people were moaning about linesman needing help for literally this tight of a call. 

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Madness. Something genuinely dubious about VAR today.

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I guess if you're going with the T-shirt line that they've implemented then that part of his arm? 

Looking at the picture Bugg posted, isn't he level with the defender next to him?

Just now, Corky said:

Looking at the picture Bugg posted, isn't he level with the defender next to him?

No. Granted I zoomed in because I'm on my phone and it's too small to tell, but it isn't level with Keane. 

Looks worse with the thicker lines too, we know that. But off is off :dunno: if they didn't go into depth with it we wouldn't have had nachos winner vs Everton last year for example. 

• Like 1

VAR needs binning. I'm embarrassed to say I was an initial advocate of VAR and I'm sure in the right hands it could be used for the good but clearly whoever is making the decisions (overall rules and second to second gameplay) they're all muppets. I'm not even sure how the pen' wasn't given as he didn't look offside. And Pickford should have walked. It's just a carcrash of mistakes. 

Looking forward to listening to Leicester play next.... oh no that's right we get bumped to Sunday evening so the broadcasters can milk the fans for all they're worth. This game is slowly going to pot... speaking of which.  

10 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Right. Offside is offside. Even if it’s just by a little.  Where do you draw the line? The actual line - that’s where you draw the line. If half of your foot is offside then so be it. The issue is I would like to actually see that it’s offside. These lines don’t do that

1 minute ago, Bats8711 said:

Right. Offside is offside. Even if it’s just by a little.  Where do you draw the line? The actual line - that’s where you draw the line. If half of your foot is offside then so be it. The issue is I would like to actually see that it’s offside. These lines don’t do that

But they do - the red line is either in front or behind the blue one ......the question I have is when they freeze the frame ....when is the ball actually played ?  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

If they took the suggestion of making the lines wider then it would be noticeable at least. Which is what we all want. 

• Like 1
Just now, st albans fox said:

But they do - the red line is either in front or behind the blue one ......the question I have is when they freeze the frame ....when is the ball actually played ?  

Exactly. It can't be mm accurate.

Just now, The Bear said:

If they took the suggestion of making the lines wider then it would be noticeable at least. Which is what we all want. 

Lol what? Wider? That’s the opposite of what I want. Those lines should be razor thin.

13 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Shoulder apparently due to the new handball rule

But his shoulder wasn’t off. The most you could argue would be his elbow, and he cannot score with that.

Don’t particularly care LiVARpool, and to be fair they’ve gotten more than their fair share of VAR favors, but they were robbed today (starting from the Pickford non-call).