4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Does anyone remember if police took any action about the tweets towards Hamza after that tackle on Salah? 

Reason I ask is that Merseyside police have been very quick (rightly so) to act on tweets and abuse/death threats towards Richarlison after his tackle on Thiago at the weekend... 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/11829981/leicester-police-start-inquiries-into-hamza-choudhury-racist-abuse-on-social-media

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Interestingly saw on Twitter some Liverpool fan calling for Pickford to be banned for as long as VVD is out. Received a reply pointing out if this was approropriate action, VVD shouldn't have been playing as he'd still be banned for his challenge on Deulofeu...

It was a terrible challenge, never good to see players suffer serious injury but the meltdown from the Liverpool fans is so OTT.

is that a surprise …...don't forget that it means more ……...

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Basically alluding to being excluded for non-football reasons, ie, speaking out against China’s treatment of the Uyghur. They’re paying him 350k a week to NOT play football. 

It’s not the case though is it. They want him gone for footballing reasons, I’d assume they’re hoping he’s more likely to take a bigger cut and cancel his contract. 

Or actively seek a move for January at the very least. Hope he stays there and bleeds them dry 

How the Arsenal board have handled Ozil is absolutely ridiculous. I'm not particularly a fan of either but he was a marquee signing from Real Madrid who has extended his contract and, crucially, played a role for the club. 

Nobody comes out of this looking good. Up there with the Bale and Messi nonsense. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

It’s not the case though is it. They want him gone for footballing reasons, I’d assume they’re hoping he’s more likely to take a bigger cut and cancel his contract. 

Or actively seek a move for January at the very least. Hope he stays there and bleeds them dry 

He's got the Qatari league written all over him.

• Like 1

All these anti-racism slogans have got me slightly confused. At first it was “Take a knee” now Kick It Out have introduced “Take a Stand”. We’ll be doing the Hokey Cokey before you know. 

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

apparently that's not the point lol 

Is the current point that "it means more!", or is that the entire league is based upon Chinese people only watching for man u and Liverpool? 

It's a ****ing confusing world we live in, thats for certain. 

9 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

They had the chance to get rid of him in the transfer window, now they're going to pay him £18m to stay for the next year. I agree though, I really hope he just stays for the rest of his contract and bleeds the cvnts dry.

The most annoying thing about this for me though is the fact that Arsenal can afford to have an £18m a year disaster of a player on their books. They're building a team without their highest paid player and aren't going to suffer because of it. Just proves the financial unfair play to me - an Ozil situation would cripple us.

• Like 1

Arsenal only have themselves to blame for Ozil; like we did with Slimani and Silva. 

When he signed for them, he was one of the greatest players in the world, an assist machine. Arsenal fans were giving it large about how great he was then and even when he signed a new contract. Just because they want him gone now, excluding him from all football is a poor way of doing business. 

Then again, are you surprised considering this was the club that made multiple people redundant, including the club mascot. 

The club is a shell of its former self. They were always a nice club to watch with Bergkamp, Henry etc ........

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Marcus Rashford is a credit to all footballers for his efforts in the FSM issue. Class :appl:

An outstanding role model. Some of the criticism he has received from right wing Tories is beyond belief. Here is a young man using his position to try and make things better for vulnerable young people, and he receives criticism from MPs who can dine in the subsidised canteen in the House of Commons even though they earn 82k per year

• Like 3